Rockwell Collins Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

I applied for an engineering internship through a career fair at my campus. The first step was the traditional elevator pitch at the career fair. There was nothing particularly unique about it. An HR rep scanned my resume and asked for me to elaborate on certain items. The HR rep seemed satisfied and put my name down on a sheet to schedule an interview on campus. The interview itself was very pleasant—possibly the most relaxed interview I've ever had. There were two people present. One was an HR rep and the other was a full time engineer. The HR rep asked pretty standard interview questions (e.g., greatest strengths and weaknesses, what do you know about the company, give an example of a leadership experience, etc.). The engineer asked more specific questions related to my technical achievements and my experience in teams (e.g., elaborate on a project I did in class, give an example of a challenging team experience and how did you overcome it, etc.). Overall, I felt like the interviewers were not trying to be intimidating like some companies try to be. There were no riddles or puzzles that a lot of engineering companies like to do in interviews. I think they mostly use your transcript for the facts and just ask you simple questions about your resume to make sure you're not BS'ing them. They spent more time on character evaluation—would you fit well with the company culture. If you are comfortable talking about yourself in an interview setting then you should be fine. Because I applied at a career fair, I did not automatically get a job. The interview process essentially just places you into a list of "pre-screened" candidates. After the interview, you apply online to an "internship pool" job posting, and the notes from the interviewer are then tied to your account (hidden to you but not potential hiring managers). Then, if hiring managers are looking to recruit, they will scan through the list of pre-screened candidates and contact you if interested. I was eventually contacted by an engineering manager who asked to do a phone interview. At this point, you pretty much have the job. You just can't screw it up. The phone interview was essentially a repeat of the questions from the engineering interviewer in the previous interview. It felt like the hiring manager just wanted to do a quick check to confirm himself that I was what he expected me to be. A few days later I finally received an offer. The whole process may seem tedious and not worthwhile, since you do all of that work with no guarantee of a job offer at the end. However, the benefit of doing the interview is that you will likely be placed on the short list for upcoming job offers. Hiring managers from positions you didn't even know were open can look at the notes tied to your account, so your name has the potential to gain more visibility than the traditional process of applying to one job requisition online,.

Interview Questions

• • Greatest strengths and weaknesses • What do you know about the company • Give an example of a leadership experience • Elaborate on a project I did in class • Give an example of a challenging team experience and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call for an interview a few days later. Interview was a panel style of 4 managers taking turns asking you behavior based questions. Took a short tour of the work area. Received an offer a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview seems to be a bunch of behavior based nonsense questions. "Tell us about a time......."   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Telephonic interview abut an hour or so, call from Manager. He explained about company background and job role. All basic questions interrupts, timer, stack,storage classes. 2 weeks later correspondence from HR. Background check, medical test.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

I had a phone interview where basic questions were asked such as how do you write requirements and then went through my experience. After that I talked about the area and asked what a typical day would be.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Pretty casual 30 min phone interview. Mostly HR type of questions like tell me when you worked well with a team and etc. My interviewer asked about previous projects and relevant work. I did not get asked any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about previous projects of yours in this field.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (College Station, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was shortlisted at a career fair and then contacted by a manager to interview for this position. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes. Questions ranged from personal to behavioral and resume review as well. There was a 10 minute discussion about the company and the specific project itself.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Marina del Rey, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a good process. I applied to the internship online and got a phone screen request about a week later. After the phone screen, I was scheduled for an in-person interview. The people who interviewed me were great and asked about my resume items. As long as you can back up what you have on your resume with passion and experience, no matter who interviews you, they will appreciate it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

The interview was a phone interview and a little under 30 minutes. There were maybe 3 or 4 interview questions. The rest of the time was spent talking about myself and asking the interviewer questions about the internship. I was hired less than a week later. No further interviews were required.

Software Engineer I Interview

Interview

Neutral. Were impressed by skills acquired at Orbis. Path for advancement appeared positive. Organizational structure appeared extremely structured. Interviews were conducted by a number of persons from different organizations. It was a little intimidating but Orbis had done the same so I was somewhat prepared. However, it is a large organization and I would prefer to work for a mid-size organization.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for another job? What are your interests-- short term and long term? What would you like to be doing 5 years from now?   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

Was mostly behavioral ,had three rounds of Interview with different managers. Questions seemed to be testing more about the over all team skills .How you would behave in case of different situations. Remember that ,if you can show interest in the company and show that you are willing learn on your own.