Rockwell Collins

Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.6

Senior Materials & Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in May 2014.

As a former employee who was excessed when a division closed, I applied on the company site for a position similar to what I had held for nearly 10 years. A couple of weeks later, i was surprised to get a call from the hiring manager (and not HR) to come in for an interview.
    The interview was the following week and consisted of the hiring manager and 2 other engineers in the department. It consisted of my going over my history and what I had accomplished in my former position, followed by the standardized HR questions that assure them that you are mentally stable and not likely to hurt anyone. The interview closed with the statement that they had 4 others to interview and would be coming to a decision by the end of the following week. Basically, that is code for "Thanks for coming in. We'll be hiring someone else."
    The Friday of the following week I received a call from one of the HR recruiters. He wanted to know if I had had an interview yet, because I was on his list of people to set up for an interview. When I told him I had already been interviewed by the hiring manager, he let out an audible sigh of relief and said that was good because he had just gotten the paperwork to hire someone else for the position. Way to stay in the loop, HR!

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions like "How would you deal with peer that wasn't pulling his/her weight and making you cover their shortcomings?"   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rockwell Collins.

I was not called for second interview because I was not graduating the semester that I interviewed with them.

Interview Questions
    • What is your problem solving strategy? Name a project where you have applied it?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Everyone was extremely nice and welcoming, as well as very interested in what they had to do. I had an onsite interview in Cedar Rapids, and felt very much like a tight knit group that were passionate about their product. The complex is big, but everyone seemed to know each other. The process itself was long, but I expected it to last most of the day. About 6 hours of questions about technical and behavioral question, most of which were your typical "name a time when..."

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to convince team members to be motivated   Answer Question

Undergraduate Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

The interview was behavioral and they seem to find your interest of the field. This seemed to be a major consideration and seems they tend to hire people whose academic interests lie with them and not the ones who are exploring

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Pretty standard.

Interview Questions
    • None, pretty much what they tell you t expect.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate, the offer was really good.

Systems Engineer Interview

First contacted them during career fair on campus, scheduled an interview for the next day. First interview was an even mix of technical and behavioral questions. A couple of weeks after the first interview received an email from a manager requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was mainly technical questions and expanding on resume information.

Software Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Generally based on resume

Engineering Project Specialist Interview

Recruiter calls to set up interview, meet with hiring manager, meet with team you will be working with, recruiter calls back to offer job

Interview Questions
    • What engineering based tools have you worked with?   View Answer

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Group interview and individual interview as well as I had to take a 2 hrs tests with over 100 technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • The test was comprehensive to gauge your true technical knowledge. There is no pass fail but the questions are comprehensive covering both hardware, software, and system engineering topics.   Answer Question

Engineer Internship Interview

I applied through career center in my university. I was told to have a interview with HR people next day. It was a fair interview a lot of behavioural questions involved. After the interview I was told my resume will be brought back to the headquater and someone will contact me if there is an opening and I am choose to be further considered.