Rockwell Collins

Very Easy Interview

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in April 2013.

Interview Details – Talked with hiring manager after being referred by a colleague working at Rockwell and was referred to a requisition and HR. On-site interview within 3 weeks of applying. I was all but told the job was mine to lose. 6 person all day interview. Mostly personality and process, no technology questions.

Interview Question – Draw a flow diagram of the system you are working on now and identify what areas you are responsible.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Rockwell continued to ask what I wanted to be paid and I continued to ignore the question until getting an offer, stating instead, "I want to be paid an appropriate amount for the job description." Rockwell came in well under expectations and I countered $20k higher and asked for a hiring bonus. Rockwell gave a second offer $9k over initial with a $10k bonus. I countered again giving a final number $3k higher and received it.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

Interviewed at Rockwell Collins

Interview Details – First contacted them during career fair on campus, scheduled an interview for the next day. First interview was an even mix of technical and behavioral questions. A couple of weeks after the first interview received an email from a manager requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was mainly technical questions and expanding on resume information.

Interview Question – Tell us about a difficult problem you've solved.   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview Details – Generally based on resume

Interview Question – All questions were general   Answer Question

Engineering Project Specialist Interview

Engineering Project Specialist

Interviewed at Rockwell Collins

Interview Details – Recruiter calls to set up interview, meet with hiring manager, meet with team you will be working with, recruiter calls back to offer job

Interview Question – What engineering based tools have you worked with?   View Answer

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Principal Systems Engineer
Carlsbad, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview Details – Group interview and individual interview as well as I had to take a 2 hrs tests with over 100 technical questions.

Interview Question – The test was comprehensive to gauge your true technical knowledge. There is no pass fail but the questions are comprehensive covering both hardware, software, and system engineering topics.   Answer Question

Engineer Internship Interview

Engineer Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview Details – I applied through career center in my university. I was told to have a interview with HR people next day. It was a fair interview a lot of behavioural questions involved. After the interview I was told my resume will be brought back to the headquater and someone will contact me if there is an opening and I am choose to be further considered.

Interview Question – Talk about your leadership experience.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was very professional and courteous, brief but to the point. You will be notified in 72 hours after the interview is concluded.

Interview Question – "We really don't need people with your background here" during the second phone interview.with mid-level manager. Although he was a bit too bold he was quite honest and personable. It is up to you to convince this interviewer.   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview Details – Seemed to be very informal, much more about personality than experience or knowledge. It was mostly just conversation about semi-related topics. Easy interview.

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate, but was told take it or leave it.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in March 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process was pretty laid back and enjoyable. Met with a number of engineers to talk about various topics. Engineers were fairly forth-coming about the specifics of the job.

Interview Question – There were some pretty unexpected programming questions, specifically with embedded systems and the C programming language.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview Details – Completed on-campus interview and was matched to several entry-level positions. Completed phone screen with hiring manager and separate phone interview with project engineer before being flown in for formal interviews with the engineering team and hiring manager.

Interview Question – Why are you here?   Answer Question