Rockwell Collins Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2014
Updated Sep 20, 2014

2.6

Systems Engineer Interview

First contacted them during career fair on campus, scheduled an interview for the next day. First interview was an even mix of technical and behavioral questions. A couple of weeks after the first interview received an email from a manager requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was mainly technical questions and expanding on resume information.

Software Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Generally based on resume

Engineering Project Specialist Interview

Recruiter calls to set up interview, meet with hiring manager, meet with team you will be working with, recruiter calls back to offer job

Interview Questions
    • What engineering based tools have you worked with?   View Answer

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Group interview and individual interview as well as I had to take a 2 hrs tests with over 100 technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • The test was comprehensive to gauge your true technical knowledge. There is no pass fail but the questions are comprehensive covering both hardware, software, and system engineering topics.   Answer Question

Engineer Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

I applied through career center in my university. I was told to have a interview with HR people next day. It was a fair interview a lot of behavioural questions involved. After the interview I was told my resume will be brought back to the headquater and someone will contact me if there is an opening and I am choose to be further considered.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Seemed to be very informal, much more about personality than experience or knowledge. It was mostly just conversation about semi-related topics. Easy interview.

Tried to negotiate, but was told take it or leave it.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Completed on-campus interview and was matched to several entry-level positions. Completed phone screen with hiring manager and separate phone interview with project engineer before being flown in for formal interviews with the engineering team and hiring manager.

Electronics Technician Interview

Be prepared to take a test of your knowledge of electronics, mathematics, mechanics, and physics. You must score 70% and above. Sounds easy, however it is not an easy test. You will be shown the engineering labs and the manufacturing complex. You will see the magnitude of the entire engineering and production processes.

Interview Questions
    • I would expect a ethics's based question or questions in which the answer would be one that would give the interviewer a feeling that he/she can trust you to "build trust". "Build trust" and "integrity", are company mottoes. You may be asked what you would do if you knew someone was doing something that was unethical.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cedar Rapids, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in December 2013.

Applying online is a horrific process, the system is antiquated and the amount of questions to be answered are extensive. Once I got my resume submitted, I waited several days and was contacted by a recruiter via email. We exchanged several emails, and I was forwarded to the manager. It took over 6 weeks before the manager contacted me. I then had a plant visit, interviewed with a panel of potential peers, the hiring manager and 2 other managers. After about 4 weeks I received an offer. Unfortunately, because it took so long, I had accepted another offer and started by then.

Interview Questions
    • It was dd, there were very few questions, it was mostly the managers talking about the role. I simply walked through my resume.   Answer Question

Took too long to receive an offer.

Principal Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in December 2013.

My 1st and only interview with them was the site visit which I found odd as I lived 500 miles away. I met with HR for 1 hr, then with peers (1 hr) and finally with GM who would be my boss. I found all of the people to be very pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Their process was very structured and didn't allow very much time for asking questions. They were required to ask typical "canned" questions and wanted examples for all responses. Nothing out of the usual...   Answer Question