Rockwell Collins

Updated Jan 11, 2015
Updated Jan 11, 2015

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

I had a on campus interview. 2 phone screening and a onsite interview. The people are nice. No difficult questions. Most of them are project related questions. As long as you are a nice person willing to work hard.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you have a conflict with your teammates and how you deal with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Submitted resume on line. After 3 weeks, a recruiter called and asked standard questions from the job description, and little bit about me like tell me your 3 best skills what are your 3 best qualities, etc. Then in a week a hiring manager called, we chatted about my resume, why I left previous employer, what projects I worked on etc. Then in a week I had job interview(s) at Rockwell Collins in Melbourne, FL. I talked to 4 engineers, 2 managers, and 1 HR person. They were all very nice. One of them showed me their lab where they integrate/test radars. It was very interesting to see. Engineers seem to be smart guys. I was not the best fit for the position. All the interviews took half a day 8:30-12:30. I got impression it would be a nice environment to work in, and they are nice people. They wanted to see if you would be happy working there, and if you would like the work. So, you have to convince them that you really would like the job.
    If you can easily move (no kids, no house), mention it to recruiters because it seemed they were looking to be as cheap as possible on relocation.
    The recruiter was supposed to call me within 3 days and tell me the decision they made, but he did not. Then, I called him on the fifth day after the interview, left a message, and he returned the call.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between FIR and IIR filters? They asked many behavioral questions as well.   Answer Question

Senior Materials & Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in May 2014.

As a former employee who was excessed when a division closed, I applied on the company site for a position similar to what I had held for nearly 10 years. A couple of weeks later, i was surprised to get a call from the hiring manager (and not HR) to come in for an interview.
    The interview was the following week and consisted of the hiring manager and 2 other engineers in the department. It consisted of my going over my history and what I had accomplished in my former position, followed by the standardized HR questions that assure them that you are mentally stable and not likely to hurt anyone. The interview closed with the statement that they had 4 others to interview and would be coming to a decision by the end of the following week. Basically, that is code for "Thanks for coming in. We'll be hiring someone else."
    The Friday of the following week I received a call from one of the HR recruiters. He wanted to know if I had had an interview yet, because I was on his list of people to set up for an interview. When I told him I had already been interviewed by the hiring manager, he let out an audible sigh of relief and said that was good because he had just gotten the paperwork to hire someone else for the position. Way to stay in the loop, HR!

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions like "How would you deal with peer that wasn't pulling his/her weight and making you cover their shortcomings?"   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rockwell Collins.

I was not called for second interview because I was not graduating the semester that I interviewed with them.

Interview Questions
    • What is your problem solving strategy? Name a project where you have applied it?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Everyone was extremely nice and welcoming, as well as very interested in what they had to do. I had an onsite interview in Cedar Rapids, and felt very much like a tight knit group that were passionate about their product. The complex is big, but everyone seemed to know each other. The process itself was long, but I expected it to last most of the day. About 6 hours of questions about technical and behavioral question, most of which were your typical "name a time when..."

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to convince team members to be motivated   Answer Question

Undergraduate Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

The interview was behavioral and they seem to find your interest of the field. This seemed to be a major consideration and seems they tend to hire people whose academic interests lie with them and not the ones who are exploring

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Pretty standard.

Interview Questions
    • None, pretty much what they tell you t expect.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate, the offer was really good.

Systems Engineer Interview

First contacted them during career fair on campus, scheduled an interview for the next day. First interview was an even mix of technical and behavioral questions. A couple of weeks after the first interview received an email from a manager requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was mainly technical questions and expanding on resume information.

Software Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Generally based on resume

Engineering Project Specialist Interview

Recruiter calls to set up interview, meet with hiring manager, meet with team you will be working with, recruiter calls back to offer job

Interview Questions
    • What engineering based tools have you worked with?   View Answer