Rockwell Collins Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.6

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in December 2013.

Applying online is a horrific process, the system is antiquated and the amount of questions to be answered are extensive. Once I got my resume submitted, I waited several days and was contacted by a recruiter via email. We exchanged several emails, and I was forwarded to the manager. It took over 6 weeks before the manager contacted me. I then had a plant visit, interviewed with a panel of potential peers, the hiring manager and 2 other managers. After about 4 weeks I received an offer. Unfortunately, because it took so long, I had accepted another offer and started by then.

Interview Questions
    • It was dd, there were very few questions, it was mostly the managers talking about the role. I simply walked through my resume.   Answer Question

Took too long to receive an offer.

Principal Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in December 2013.

My 1st and only interview with them was the site visit which I found odd as I lived 500 miles away. I met with HR for 1 hr, then with peers (1 hr) and finally with GM who would be my boss. I found all of the people to be very pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Their process was very structured and didn't allow very much time for asking questions. They were required to ask typical "canned" questions and wanted examples for all responses. Nothing out of the usual...   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online – interviewed at Rockwell Collins in November 2013.

Pretty typical, submitted application, was a previous employee there. 1 telephone interview.

Interview Questions
    • When do you think you'll peak in your career?   View Answer

Engineering Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins.

I applied online and was contacted within two weeks by a recruiter. She asked me to come in for an in person interview with the hiring manager. My interview lasted about 90 minutes. The hiring manager asked me about my past few jobs listed on my resume. He asked me about which "tools" (aka: software) I was familiar with and asked me to rank (1-5) my level of expertise. After about 35 minutes an Engineering Manager joined the interview and asked me questions on how I handled difficult situations. He also asked me a lot of questions on how well I work with engineers. It was a pretty easy interview. I have been told by others it is more typical to have a panel of people in the interview that would include more than one hiring manager. I received a call within 20 minutes after the meeting offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a difficult engineer that is not responding to your action item requests? In what situation would you escalate and issue to the Engineering Manager?   Answer Question
    I tried asking for more money but was told by the recruiter they do not include past overtime rates in a full time Engineering Project Specialist salary.

Supply Chain Quality Engineering Co-op Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Applied got a call for an interview two months later. The interview was cake. It wasn't a interview the person I interviewed with was just telling me the things that impressed him on my resume and gave me a chance to ask questions about the job and location etc.

No negotiations fam buzz. You'll like the offer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Initial phone screen. Then they flew me into the HQ for a round of interviews. Which was generally easy and the interviewers seemed to know the stuff they do. No very technical interview.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated a higher salary scale. If you quote a competing offer they try to match it. Take as much as possible during negotiation phase because after there is very marginal increase in salaries.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in August 2013.

I applied online for a Software Engineer position, after one month I got a call from the hiring manager asking me some basic questions about my education, two weeks later they flew me to their HQ in Cedar rapids, IA. I had a whole day interview with different teams, asking me about my resume and some behavioral questions, three engineering managers took me to lunch in-between interviews. I was surprised for an entry level position they asked only three technical questions.
    I'm still waiting for the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Do you code software in your spare time ? ( Oh God are you serious haha)   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in August 2013.

The interview was very professional and courteous, brief but to the point. You will be notified in 72 hours after the interview is concluded.

Interview Questions
    • "We really don't need people with your background here" during the second phone interview.with mid-level manager. Although he was a bit too bold he was quite honest and personable. It is up to you to convince this interviewer.   View Answer

Customer Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Rockwell Collins in August 2013.

The hiring process with very thorough, and the company was very engaged throughout the process. They run an in-depth background interview and evaluation. They were very clear on the position requirements, the interview, and providing all the HR and benefits information I needed. Very professional.

Straight forward.

Senior SAP Business Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in July 2013.

I applied online. If you are an international and mention so in the online form, the system will automatically reject you.
    Had a call with HR and discussed sponsorship details, salary expectations, experience, resume updates etc.
    Phone interview with team manager and Solution Architect. It was partially technical, basically walked through my resume.
    On site interview in Cedar Rapids. Very professional and warm people. It was a whole day interview. Spent one hr with the manager, one hour with the solution architect, one hour with the rest of the team, one hour lunch, 30 mins with boss's boss and 30 mins with the IT director. Most of the questions were about my previous experiences, difficult situations etc.
    Everyone warned me Cedar Rapids is a very cold place.

I could notice that most of the people were selling the position based on culture of the company and possible activities in town instead of the position itself. Soon I realized that they did that because Cedar Rapids is a terrible place for single young people. Best suited for families.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate for immigration related topics but they didn't change. I did not negotiate for salary, but later learnt I could have asked for about 10 K more than what I get.