Rockwell Collins Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.6

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Applied online got a call 2 weeks later the recruiter asked just one question how do you find a fit with this role considering your current work duties and i answered the question then he says well that answers my question, i was told that i will be contacted by email to schedule an interview with the hiring manager 2 weeks later i was told in an email that i was no longer under consideration, very upsetting process i must say

Interview Questions

• how do you find a fit with this role considering your current work duties ?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Champaign, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I interacted with recruiters and engineers at university recruiting events on campus. I went to their tech talk and spent an hour or two mingling with the Rockwell Collins employees. I received a call that night to schedule an interview the next morning. Interview was with an HR recruiter and a systems engineer. The mood was casual, and they asked me about my interest and passion for aviation as well as how I would react in work environment situations

Interview Questions

• I was given a situation and 5 different responses and I had to rate them in order from best decision to worst.   Answer Question

New Grad - Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was over the phone and lasted about 45 minutes. The hiring manager told me a little about the company, what his department does, and some of the tasks that I would be doing during my first year. Most of the questions were behavioral though towards the end he did ask some very simple technical questions related to electrical engineering.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I had applied online on their portal and I was invited for a telephonic interview. Most of the questions were related to software development lifecycle and requirement gathering. They asked me about one of my project and what I did in that project, about requirement gathering, problems we faced, testing etc.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the careers portal. Interview process is pretty straightforward. I was interviewing for a position requiring C++ and basic programming knowledge. There were 2 phone screens. The first phone screen had me talking to 3 Systems Engineers from the flight controls division. Questions asked were very straightforward and simple. A LOT of emphasis on team work and general personality. They focus on your resume quite heavily and pick up behavioral questions related to prior work. Not too many technical questions - a few concepts in C++ and OOPs here and there, that's about it. Got a call immediately the next day for the second phone screen. Second phone screen had a similar format as the first, however i was now speaking to the Manager himself regarding my prior experience and skills. Again a different set of behavioral questions here. Got a call the very next day from HR extending an offer. Very swift and smooth process. They basically want to know if you're an excellent team player and a good professional. Very relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the skills you have which are directly applicable to the work at Rockwell Collins?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fixed pay for interns

Intern Interview

Interview

Got selected to do interview in-campus. Mostly behavioral the recruiter was nice and seemed interested in knowing me and what I was interested in doing in the future. Very pleasant experience. I am still waiting on possible internship opportunities.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

The interview was pretty laid back. They will ask you general personality questions and ask you about any projects you have on your resume. As long as you can demonstrate that can work on a team, and actively look for problems and correct them you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Biggest Weakness   1 Answer
    • Talk about a time when someone on your team wasn't pulling their weight and what you did to mitigate the situation.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

This was a job interview for System Engineer and I was interviewed by engineers. They were thorough and went through behavorial questions quickly, since they wanted to get through the interview in an hour and were more interested in the technical questions. They pushed hard fpr the right technical answer, but when I came to a point that I didn't know it anymore, they switched gears before it became uncomfortable. Sounded like they were nice, and didn't have a pecking order, wanted someone who's smart and willing o ask questions. Were open to my questions and seemed to be nice guys to work with.

Interview Questions

• Q: What does the angle between two poles (and the origin) on a root locus plot represent?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in November 2014.

Interview

Initially spoke with a Rockwell Collins recruiter over the phone. She took my information and asked me a few basic questions about my current job and what my job interests were. She recommended a few positions and had me complete the applications and submit my resume to the Rockwell Collins careers website. After a few days the hiring managers reviewed my application and resume. I was then contacted by the recruiter for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 45 minutes with 2 of the engineering managers. We talked about my resume and what type of work I was interested in. Approximately 30 minutes after the phone interview I received an email that I was selected for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was scheduled for 4.5 hours with a lunch. The first 15 minutes was a preview and plan for the day. The next hour was given to me to sell myself and provide further detail of my relevant experience to a group of 6 engineering managers. The rest of the day was a series of individual managers and engineers interviewing me, lunch, and a tour of the facility. All of the people I interviewed with were pleasant and professionally. I felt very comfortable during the entire onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a technical problem you had to solve and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

Dexpending on position, may be just a phone interview or could include assessments. Average process. Slow to keep you informed on progress and status. Stay on top of your own follow through.

Interview Questions

• Questions focus on teamwork, innovation and strategic thinking. Extra points for execution skills.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiations. Stay strong and they will work a little. Different at the Sr. Level.