Rockwell Collins

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Subcontract Program Manager Interview

Principal Subcontract Program Manager
Richardson, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in September 2009.

Interview Details – It was a typical interview process with an initial phone interview with the hiring manager followed by a 2 hour panel interview with several other managers in the department. Type of interview was behavioral. They wanted multiple examples of each question. Suggest using the STAR approach (Situation, Task, Action & Result).

Negotiation Details – I took the job despite the recruiter's offer. Not much fun, I was low-balled. Basically offered me the same salary I was making at another large defense contractor. I was upfront with the hiring manager about my salary requirements and he understood. It seemed the recruiter was trying to strong-arm into a low salary to improve his metrics or something. I called the hiring manager back and told him if they couldn't work with my requirements that I was not able to accept the job, the next day I got a new offer that reflected my salary requirements.

Supply Chain Quality Engineering Co-op Interview

Supply Chain Quality Engineering Co-op

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview Details – Applied got a call for an interview two months later. The interview was cake. It wasn't a interview the person I interviewed with was just telling me the things that impressed him on my resume and gave me a chance to ask questions about the job and location etc.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations fam buzz. You'll like the offer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen. Then they flew me into the HQ for a round of interviews. Which was generally easy and the interviewers seemed to know the stuff they do. No very technical interview.

Interview Question – Explain DO178B processes that you follow   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated a higher salary scale. If you quote a competing offer they try to match it. Take as much as possible during negotiation phase because after there is very marginal increase in salaries.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Pomona, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in July 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was not intimidating and there was one manager and 2 other staff members present.

Interview Question – What project have you completed in the past that you believe helped you get to where you are here today career wise?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online for a Software Engineer position, after one month I got a call from the hiring manager asking me some basic questions about my education, two weeks later they flew me to their HQ in Cedar rapids, IA. I had a whole day interview with different teams, asking me about my resume and some behavioral questions, three engineering managers took me to lunch in-between interviews. I was surprised for an entry level position they asked only three technical questions.
I'm still waiting for the outcome.

Interview Question – Do you code software in your spare time ? ( Oh God are you serious haha)   View Answer

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in September 2009.

Interview Details – Met with Department head and direct supervisor; together, then one on one. They were more about selling Rockwell Collins than interviewing me. My resume sold them on my credentials prior to the interview; I think the interview was more of a formality.

Interview Question – What can you do for us (when I had little knowledge of what this department actually does)?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They provided an initial offer, I asked if it was negotiable and I gave them a range above what they were offering as an example of what I expected. They met the range (on the low side of median) and I accepted. They gave me a signing bonus (I requested) as they didn't have to move me and my family to the area.

Varied Interview

Varied

I applied online - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in March 2013.

Interview Details – Contact by email from HR. No phone interview went to office to interview in person.

Interview Question – Tell me about a manager that used good judgement and one that used bad?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was very simple and straight forward. The hiring manager went through my resume and asked about my past experience with other companies.

Interview Question – He didn't really ask about anything unexpected. He was mainly concerned about my knowledge in design and communication skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My negotiation phase for my full-time offer was simple. If there is a specific amount you want then ask for a little higher because HR will try to meet you in the middle.

Flight Systems Control Engineer Interview

Flight Systems Control Engineer
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in March 2009.

Interview Details – Meeting with hiring manager. Met 3 different managers. I was allowed to ask many questions. I mainly spent my time asking about real products. I was shown schematics, and other intellectual property documentation during the interview. If you want a job do this, and show that you can read schematics.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. The only requirement is to show extreme interest in a position. Also pilot experience is a BIG plus.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A salary offer, and I accepted with out negotiation.

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

Interviewed at Rockwell Collins

Interview Details – I had a oncampus interview, the interview questions are regular interview questions, asked to introduce yourself. Most of the questions are regular and common seen interview behavior based questions there is one question which is a little bit tricky. Asked why to choose electrical engineering. Asked whether like teamwork or solo.

Interview Question – If you are working with other interns who you have never worked with. How do you guys determine who is the leader of your small group?   Answer Question