Rockwell Collins

Updated Jan 11, 2015

2.6

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Initial phone screen. Then they flew me into the HQ for a round of interviews. Which was generally easy and the interviewers seemed to know the stuff they do. No very technical interview.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated a higher salary scale. If you quote a competing offer they try to match it. Take as much as possible during negotiation phase because after there is very marginal increase in salaries.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in August 2013.

The interview was very professional and courteous, brief but to the point. You will be notified in 72 hours after the interview is concluded.

Interview Questions
    • "We really don't need people with your background here" during the second phone interview.with mid-level manager. Although he was a bit too bold he was quite honest and personable. It is up to you to convince this interviewer.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in August 2013.

I applied online for a Software Engineer position, after one month I got a call from the hiring manager asking me some basic questions about my education, two weeks later they flew me to their HQ in Cedar rapids, IA. I had a whole day interview with different teams, asking me about my resume and some behavioral questions, three engineering managers took me to lunch in-between interviews. I was surprised for an entry level position they asked only three technical questions.
    I'm still waiting for the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Do you code software in your spare time ? ( Oh God are you serious haha)   View Answer

Customer Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Rockwell Collins in August 2013.

The hiring process with very thorough, and the company was very engaged throughout the process. They run an in-depth background interview and evaluation. They were very clear on the position requirements, the interview, and providing all the HR and benefits information I needed. Very professional.

Straight forward.

Senior SAP Business Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in July 2013.

I applied online. If you are an international and mention so in the online form, the system will automatically reject you.
    Had a call with HR and discussed sponsorship details, salary expectations, experience, resume updates etc.
    Phone interview with team manager and Solution Architect. It was partially technical, basically walked through my resume.
    On site interview in Cedar Rapids. Very professional and warm people. It was a whole day interview. Spent one hr with the manager, one hour with the solution architect, one hour with the rest of the team, one hour lunch, 30 mins with boss's boss and 30 mins with the IT director. Most of the questions were about my previous experiences, difficult situations etc.
    Everyone warned me Cedar Rapids is a very cold place.

I could notice that most of the people were selling the position based on culture of the company and possible activities in town instead of the position itself. Soon I realized that they did that because Cedar Rapids is a terrible place for single young people. Best suited for families.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate for immigration related topics but they didn't change. I did not negotiate for salary, but later learnt I could have asked for about 10 K more than what I get.

Customer Service Engineer Interview

interviewed at Rockwell Collins in July 2013.

pretty easy but the pay wasnt worth it

Interview Questions
    • what was the most difficult thing you had to do in life   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I had a oncampus interview, the interview questions are regular interview questions, asked to introduce yourself. Most of the questions are regular and common seen interview behavior based questions there is one question which is a little bit tricky. Asked why to choose electrical engineering. Asked whether like teamwork or solo.

Interview Questions
    • If you are working with other interns who you have never worked with. How do you guys determine who is the leader of your small group?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in May 2013.

Entry Level Industrial Engineer
    I submitted my resume online and within 4 hours received a call from an operations engineering manager to set up a phone interview. The interview was set up for the next day, and after a few email exchanges the time was finalized. During the phone interview, 5 different people as questions, mostly about team work and school projects nothing technical other than "What do you know about lean manufacturing?") and I have not heard back from them yet.

Coordinator Interview

Hiring process was kind of haphazard but was sufficient to get the job. There is an HR dept here now but not many people being hire due to recesssion. On-boarding process seem a bit cumbersome but evidently works for this company. Company needs to improve in there diversity training.

Maintenance Service Representative Interview

Interviewed for roughly an hour