Rockwell Collins Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

The interview was behavioral and they seem to find your interest of the field. This seemed to be a major consideration and seems they tend to hire people whose academic interests lie with them and not the ones who are exploring

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• None, pretty much what they tell you t expect.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, the offer was really good.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

First contacted them during career fair on campus, scheduled an interview for the next day. First interview was an even mix of technical and behavioral questions. A couple of weeks after the first interview received an email from a manager requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was mainly technical questions and expanding on resume information.

Software Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Generally based on resume

Engineering Project Specialist Interview

Interview

Recruiter calls to set up interview, meet with hiring manager, meet with team you will be working with, recruiter calls back to offer job

Interview Questions

• What engineering based tools have you worked with?   1 Answer

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

Group interview and individual interview as well as I had to take a 2 hrs tests with over 100 technical questions.

Interview Questions

• The test was comprehensive to gauge your true technical knowledge. There is no pass fail but the questions are comprehensive covering both hardware, software, and system engineering topics.   Answer Question

Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

I applied through career center in my university. I was told to have a interview with HR people next day. It was a fair interview a lot of behavioural questions involved. After the interview I was told my resume will be brought back to the headquater and someone will contact me if there is an opening and I am choose to be further considered.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Seemed to be very informal, much more about personality than experience or knowledge. It was mostly just conversation about semi-related topics. Easy interview.

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate, but was told take it or leave it.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Completed on-campus interview and was matched to several entry-level positions. Completed phone screen with hiring manager and separate phone interview with project engineer before being flown in for formal interviews with the engineering team and hiring manager.

Electronics Technician Interview

Interview

Be prepared to take a test of your knowledge of electronics, mathematics, mechanics, and physics. You must score 70% and above. Sounds easy, however it is not an easy test. You will be shown the engineering labs and the manufacturing complex. You will see the magnitude of the entire engineering and production processes.

Interview Questions

• I would expect a ethics's based question or questions in which the answer would be one that would give the interviewer a feeling that he/she can trust you to "build trust". "Build trust" and "integrity", are company mottoes. You may be asked what you would do if you knew someone was doing something that was unethical.   Answer Question