Rockwell Collins

Getting the Interview

137 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview Details – I was called into a round robin interview process after meeting with a recruiter at my school's career fair. They flew me out to Cedar Rapids and paid for my whole trip there. The interviews consisted of a whole day of interviews with separate parts of the company. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. Each interviewer had to follow a specific sheet of questions to answer. The only technical interview questions asked were questions about projects listed on my resume. Overall the interview process was a great experience.

Interview Question – One guy strayed from the sheet and asked me to convert a string from HEX to Binary. Of course this isn't very difficult, but it certainly caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had another job interview that was in LA and paid more than Rockwell was offering.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in October 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Screening-2 and On site

Interview Question – Conflict with any team members?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Aviation Meteorologist Interview

Aviation Meteorologist
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in August 2008.

Interview Details – I was hired before the aquisition. I don't think the interview is very difficult.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Rockwell Collins?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got a letter on the spot

Communications Specialist Interview

Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in April 2008.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by placement agency. I had one interview and was hired which was an uncommon experience. Most people undergo 2-4 interviews, first by HR, then the hiring manager, and then either the director or executive leader in that unit.

Interview Question – How would go about building a network or 'coalition' that would help you further your thoughts, ideas and suggestions with leadership?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is possible. Rockwell Collins HR does have industry based salary ranges that they establish for each position. I was a contract employee prior to this time, and I was essentially offered full time employment at an increased rate.

Production Manager Interview

Production Manager
Melbourne, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in July 2010.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews before flying me into Orlando. I had a rental car waiting and one night's accomodation at a hotel. The interview started at 8:00 am and lasted for about 6 hours. I interviewed with the Operations Site Director, Material and Supply Director, HR Manager, and 3 Operations Managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the relocation package, but that was about it.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
Cedar Rapids, IA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in August 2010.

Interview Details – The phone interview with the manager was typical. He told me about the position and program, and then he had me describe my background. We then reviewed areas on my resume and expanded if required. I was presented with several of the typical questions of how you would deal with program difficulty, program slips, difficult co-workers, etc.

The onsite was about two weeks later. I interviewed woth 5 other managers in addition to the one that brought me in. The process to 2 days, from 0800 to 5 pm. It was exhausting. All the questions were basically the same except for program specific. There were a lot of personality questions about working with others, and one manager had me write out a basic program management plan.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with difficulty in making your schedule commitments   View Answer
  • Name one time you had a difficult problem and how you overcame it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, and that was told at the start.

Software Technician Interview

Software Technician
Cedar Rapids, IA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was first contacted to schedule a telephone interview. The telephone interview lasted around a half an hour. I was then contacted to do a sit down interview which lasted 4 hours. I was reimbursed for travel. I received a offer phone call within a week and accepted the offer.

Negotiation Details – I took the initial offer and did not negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly simple. I met the recruiter during the career fair in my University. I was called for a 30 mins interview the following day in the university campus. The recruiter learnt about my interests and previous work experience and briefed about the company. After a week I was called for the onsite interview. I was scheduled to interview with 3 teams. I was interviewed by the hiring manager and senior engineer in each team. The questions included behavioral, past projects, simple technical questions, technical skill level evaluation etc. Each team demonstrated the product they were working on. It is upon each team to evaluate how good a fit you are for the team.

Interview Question – Behavioral, questions based on resume.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer
Duluth, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in January 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume, then was asked technical questions to verify my knowledge. After that in a couple of days was sent an offer letter for employment.

Negotiation Details – Negotiate your compensation. Company will offer very low pretty low ball. I negotiated and increased my base salary by 3K. Base salary is key, attempt to increase that and your overall compensation will go up. Do not think that everyone is paid the same, not true. Depends on how you negotiate and if you simply settle for the first offer given.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in October 2011.

Interview Details – The people were amazing and very nice, got an interview at a career fair, they liked me, emailed me and asked me if I would fly in for a second interview, to which i was much obliged. Interviewed with team managers who really liked me and they were quite hospitable

Interview Question – What was a time you had a member of your team that wasn't very motivated and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't want to live that far from my family in the SE united states

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rockwell Collins