Rockwell Collins Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.6

Engineering Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins.

I applied online and was contacted within two weeks by a recruiter. She asked me to come in for an in person interview with the hiring manager. My interview lasted about 90 minutes. The hiring manager asked me about my past few jobs listed on my resume. He asked me about which "tools" (aka: software) I was familiar with and asked me to rank (1-5) my level of expertise. After about 35 minutes an Engineering Manager joined the interview and asked me questions on how I handled difficult situations. He also asked me a lot of questions on how well I work with engineers. It was a pretty easy interview. I have been told by others it is more typical to have a panel of people in the interview that would include more than one hiring manager. I received a call within 20 minutes after the meeting offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a difficult engineer that is not responding to your action item requests? In what situation would you escalate and issue to the Engineering Manager?   Answer Question
    I tried asking for more money but was told by the recruiter they do not include past overtime rates in a full time Engineering Project Specialist salary.

Supply Chain Quality Engineering Co-op Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Applied got a call for an interview two months later. The interview was cake. It wasn't a interview the person I interviewed with was just telling me the things that impressed him on my resume and gave me a chance to ask questions about the job and location etc.

No negotiations fam buzz. You'll like the offer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Initial phone screen. Then they flew me into the HQ for a round of interviews. Which was generally easy and the interviewers seemed to know the stuff they do. No very technical interview.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated a higher salary scale. If you quote a competing offer they try to match it. Take as much as possible during negotiation phase because after there is very marginal increase in salaries.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in August 2013.

The interview was very professional and courteous, brief but to the point. You will be notified in 72 hours after the interview is concluded.

Interview Questions
    • "We really don't need people with your background here" during the second phone interview.with mid-level manager. Although he was a bit too bold he was quite honest and personable. It is up to you to convince this interviewer.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in August 2013.

I applied online for a Software Engineer position, after one month I got a call from the hiring manager asking me some basic questions about my education, two weeks later they flew me to their HQ in Cedar rapids, IA. I had a whole day interview with different teams, asking me about my resume and some behavioral questions, three engineering managers took me to lunch in-between interviews. I was surprised for an entry level position they asked only three technical questions.
    I'm still waiting for the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Do you code software in your spare time ? ( Oh God are you serious haha)   View Answer

Customer Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Rockwell Collins in August 2013.

The hiring process with very thorough, and the company was very engaged throughout the process. They run an in-depth background interview and evaluation. They were very clear on the position requirements, the interview, and providing all the HR and benefits information I needed. Very professional.

Straight forward.

Senior SAP Business Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in July 2013.

I applied online. If you are an international and mention so in the online form, the system will automatically reject you.
    Had a call with HR and discussed sponsorship details, salary expectations, experience, resume updates etc.
    Phone interview with team manager and Solution Architect. It was partially technical, basically walked through my resume.
    On site interview in Cedar Rapids. Very professional and warm people. It was a whole day interview. Spent one hr with the manager, one hour with the solution architect, one hour with the rest of the team, one hour lunch, 30 mins with boss's boss and 30 mins with the IT director. Most of the questions were about my previous experiences, difficult situations etc.
    Everyone warned me Cedar Rapids is a very cold place.

I could notice that most of the people were selling the position based on culture of the company and possible activities in town instead of the position itself. Soon I realized that they did that because Cedar Rapids is a terrible place for single young people. Best suited for families.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate for immigration related topics but they didn't change. I did not negotiate for salary, but later learnt I could have asked for about 10 K more than what I get.

Customer Service Engineer Interview

interviewed at Rockwell Collins in July 2013.

pretty easy but the pay wasnt worth it

Interview Questions
    • what was the most difficult thing you had to do in life   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I had a oncampus interview, the interview questions are regular interview questions, asked to introduce yourself. Most of the questions are regular and common seen interview behavior based questions there is one question which is a little bit tricky. Asked why to choose electrical engineering. Asked whether like teamwork or solo.

Interview Questions
    • If you are working with other interns who you have never worked with. How do you guys determine who is the leader of your small group?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in May 2013.

Entry Level Industrial Engineer
    I submitted my resume online and within 4 hours received a call from an operations engineering manager to set up a phone interview. The interview was set up for the next day, and after a few email exchanges the time was finalized. During the phone interview, 5 different people as questions, mostly about team work and school projects nothing technical other than "What do you know about lean manufacturing?") and I have not heard back from them yet.