Rockwell Collins

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in September 2009.

Interview Details – Met with Department head and direct supervisor; together, then one on one. They were more about selling Rockwell Collins than interviewing me. My resume sold them on my credentials prior to the interview; I think the interview was more of a formality.

Interview Question – What can you do for us (when I had little knowledge of what this department actually does)?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They provided an initial offer, I asked if it was negotiable and I gave them a range above what they were offering as an example of what I expected. They met the range (on the low side of median) and I accepted. They gave me a signing bonus (I requested) as they didn't have to move me and my family to the area.

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in March 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online, initial phone screen, and one full day of one-on-one interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Moving and percentage

Worked for Rockwell Collins? Contribute to the Community!