Rockwell Collins Interview Questions in Richardson, TX

Updated May 15, 2015

2.6

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Richardson, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Flew me out to Dallas, TX the day before interview. Gave me a hotel to stay overnight and a rental car to drive between the airport, hotel and job site just outside Dallas in Richardson. They were nice folks, had a panel interview followed by a tour of the plant explaining the areas I'd be supporting as well as upcoming projects I'd be a part of.

Interview Questions

• From your experience, what was the difference between working in a high volume production area vs low volume?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Richardson, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Very professional. Flew me out the day before the interview and flew me back the same day. Met with engineering manager and discussed company, the job and programs. Then met with two other engineers for an hour and then a different set of engineers for another hour and finally the hiring manager. Got a call a week and a half later stating the position had been put on hold due to organizational changes within the company.

Interview Questions

• What is the best SYSML diagram to use when talking to the customer about a project?   1 Answer
    • Why are you applying?   1 Answer

Senior Mechanical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Richardson, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a panel interview with an Engineering Manager, Sr Engineer, and Design Manager. All three were very polite and professional, but it was never stuffy and never uncomfortable. They were good humored adn asked a series of HR formulated questions. They were definitely easily answered for my level of experience but may have been tricky for an entry level designer. After the questions and general discussion about what they do and my professional experience, I sat down with the Sr. Engineer and demonstrated my skills in SolidWorks. All in all, a it was a very pleasant interview, one of the very few that I actually enjoyed.

Principal Subcontract Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Richardson, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Rockwell Collins makes the interviewee feel comfortable and appreciated. They roll out the red carpet with a personal ambassador that introduces you to the town and the company. 1:1 interviews held with hiring mgr, peer mgrs, subordinates and internal customers. People were all upbeat. Culture - family / company oriented.

Interview Questions

• Discuss how the organization should be structure to ensure customer requirements and needs are met.   Answer Question
    • Describe the first 30, 60 and 90 days of work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

In negotiating the offer, Rockwell Collins was reasonable and forthcoming on the salary expectations, etc.

Principal Subcontract Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Richardson, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

It was a typical interview process with an initial phone interview with the hiring manager followed by a 2 hour panel interview with several other managers in the department. Type of interview was behavioral. They wanted multiple examples of each question. Suggest using the STAR approach (Situation, Task, Action & Result).

Negotiation

I took the job despite the recruiter's offer. Not much fun, I was low-balled. Basically offered me the same salary I was making at another large defense contractor. I was upfront with the hiring manager about my salary requirements and he understood. It seemed the recruiter was trying to strong-arm into a low salary to improve his metrics or something. I called the hiring manager back and told him if they couldn't work with my requirements that I was not able to accept the job, the next day I got a new offer that reflected my salary requirements.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Richardson, TX) in February 2008.

Interview

Interview was very easy, more about getting to know me as a person.