Rockwell Collins Interview Questions in Richardson, TX

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Principal Subcontract Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in April 2010.

Rockwell Collins makes the interviewee feel comfortable and appreciated. They roll out the red carpet with a personal ambassador that introduces you to the town and the company. 1:1 interviews held with hiring mgr, peer mgrs, subordinates and internal customers. People were all upbeat. Culture - family / company oriented.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss how the organization should be structure to ensure customer requirements and needs are met.   Answer Question
    • Describe the first 30, 60 and 90 days of work.   Answer Question
    In negotiating the offer, Rockwell Collins was reasonable and forthcoming on the salary expectations, etc.

Principal Subcontract Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in September 2009.

It was a typical interview process with an initial phone interview with the hiring manager followed by a 2 hour panel interview with several other managers in the department. Type of interview was behavioral. They wanted multiple examples of each question. Suggest using the STAR approach (Situation, Task, Action & Result).

I took the job despite the recruiter's offer. Not much fun, I was low-balled. Basically offered me the same salary I was making at another large defense contractor. I was upfront with the hiring manager about my salary requirements and he understood. It seemed the recruiter was trying to strong-arm into a low salary to improve his metrics or something. I called the hiring manager back and told him if they couldn't work with my requirements that I was not able to accept the job, the next day I got a new offer that reflected my salary requirements.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in February 2008.

Interview was very easy, more about getting to know me as a person.

Interview Questions