Rockwell Collins Senior Electrical Engineer Interview Questions

2.5

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2010.

Interview

Met prospective manager on campus and had contact for a couple of months, culminating in a phone interview prior to the on-site invitation. Had to give a presentation to a group of staff members. Following this, met with prospective co-workers, the hiring manager and mentor-to-be. Overall was a positive experience. Each interviewer had behavioral questions in store. The two interviewers following the group lunch were prepared with some probing technical questions that they had in mind. Didn't get the job after all - probably a sign of the "buyers' " market that exists in the current economy - but no grudges held. The only issue is the "We'll tell you one way or another" at the end, which translates to, "If we want you, we'll call, otherwise you'll only hear an answer if you coax one out of us". But this is probably commonplace in many companies unfortunately. The other issue is the location of the company - Having resided mainly in large metro areas on the East Coast, relocating to Iowa would indeed be a letdown for myself personally. I was grappling with how I would be able to live there beyond two years if I were to get the job. I'm actually glad in retrospect that the decision was made for me ...

Interview Questions

• When would you use S-Parameters and when would you use Y or Z-Parameters in characterizing a two-port network.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Rockwell Collins

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Easy. They will hire just about anyone when needed and then cut you before probation period if performance is not approved.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not willing to adjust salary but increased hiring bonus substantially.

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

One interview. Three engineers. One directly in the field of expertise. Overall perception of the company, workforce, facilities and peopel was very good.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

RC has company recruiters that extend and handle the offers. Not sure if that is for all cases.