Rockwell Collins

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in March 2010.

Interview Details – Met prospective manager on campus and had contact for a couple of months, culminating in a phone interview prior to the on-site invitation. Had to give a presentation to a group of staff members. Following this, met with prospective co-workers, the hiring manager and mentor-to-be. Overall was a positive experience. Each interviewer had behavioral questions in store. The two interviewers following the group lunch were prepared with some probing technical questions that they had in mind. Didn't get the job after all - probably a sign of the "buyers' " market that exists in the current economy - but no grudges held. The only issue is the "We'll tell you one way or another" at the end, which translates to, "If we want you, we'll call, otherwise you'll only hear an answer if you coax one out of us". But this is probably commonplace in many companies unfortunately. The other issue is the location of the company - Having resided mainly in large metro areas on the East Coast, relocating to Iowa would indeed be a letdown for myself personally. I was grappling with how I would be able to live there beyond two years if I were to get the job. I'm actually glad in retrospect that the decision was made for me ...

Interview Question – When would you use S-Parameters and when would you use Y or Z-Parameters in characterizing a two-port network.   View Answer

Senior Electrical Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview Details – Easy. They will hire just about anyone when needed and then cut you before probation period if performance is not approved.

Interview Question – rising edge pulse circuit (pathetic)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not willing to adjust salary but increased hiring bonus substantially.

Senior Electrical Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview Details – One interview. Three engineers. One directly in the field of expertise. Overall perception of the company, workforce, facilities and peopel was very good.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – RC has company recruiters that extend and handle the offers. Not sure if that is for all cases.

Worked for Rockwell Collins? Contribute to the Community!