Rockwell Collins Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in November 2014.

Interview

Initially spoke with a Rockwell Collins recruiter over the phone. She took my information and asked me a few basic questions about my current job and what my job interests were. She recommended a few positions and had me complete the applications and submit my resume to the Rockwell Collins careers website. After a few days the hiring managers reviewed my application and resume. I was then contacted by the recruiter for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 45 minutes with 2 of the engineering managers. We talked about my resume and what type of work I was interested in. Approximately 30 minutes after the phone interview I received an email that I was selected for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was scheduled for 4.5 hours with a lunch. The first 15 minutes was a preview and plan for the day. The next hour was given to me to sell myself and provide further detail of my relevant experience to a group of 6 engineering managers. The rest of the day was a series of individual managers and engineers interviewing me, lunch, and a tour of the facility. All of the people I interviewed with were pleasant and professionally. I felt very comfortable during the entire onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a technical problem you had to solve and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rockwell Collins

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rockwell Collins (Portland, OR) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview was very professional and courteous, brief but to the point. You will be notified in 72 hours after the interview is concluded.

Interview Questions

• "We really don't need people with your background here" during the second phone interview.with mid-level manager. Although he was a bit too bold he was quite honest and personable. It is up to you to convince this interviewer.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Hiring manager and HR person were great. They were very helpful in answering questions specially when you are changing jobs. Also, they are looking for good talent and which is good. I had initial phone screen and followed by onsite with two different managers and their team since they were trying to see which group I was a better fit. Also, I wanted to see that what I would have liked to do in future. Overall, interviews were based on your background along with them explaining about their projects too.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions I got were based on my educational & professional background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenton, VA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rockwell Collins (Warrenton, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed for a experience level position. Got my offer in 1 day after interview Very smooth and cool interview process. Started out with a presentation of my choice to a bunch of lead and junior level engineers and managers at the Warrenton facility in VA. It was followed by 7 different interviews at different levels for different positions. I did not know that. But everyone was so patient and welcoming especially the managers. I have never given interviews like this. Questions varied from hardcore technical software engineering to my past CMMi experience. They took all the effort to make me comfortable. Great team, I am very excited to work with them.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest damaging software release scenario you handled ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just be honest with your past salary. They will try and match the current market salary data. Truth is the keyword in negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in November 2010.

Interview

I applied online took around 15 day and I received a mail asked me for my availability in the next week. The interview was very simple I was asked what I knew about Rockwell, why this position and about my projects. The interview duration was just 45 mins. After 2 days I received a mail asked me about other details for background check. Once i gave them the information I received a call with offer :)

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a conflict and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Rockwell Collins (Hyderābād (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

number of Interviews : 3 Including HR round Onsite custome Interview also First round Is Techical second Round Managerial and Customer /Client Interview HR Round

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in April 2011.

Interview

Telephonic interview : Consists of software process used and technologies used etc.. Onsite: It is exciting! they showed the labs and RIC and followed by some behavioural questions....followed by meeting the team where we discuss some technical questions

Interview Questions

• what kind of enivironment you prefer? Team or personl   1 Answer
    • what is real time operating sys   1 Answer

Negotiation

yes I did? I just stciked to my figure

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rockwell Collins (Hyderābād (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

One written and two rounds of technical rounds and then Hr round. Written would be of 1 hr and results would be given on the same day. 1st technical would be bit tough compared to 2nd one.

Interview Questions

• 1st technical would be to test your knowledge as well as patience level. 2nd technical would be normal compared to 1st.   Answer Question