Rockwell Collins Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in August 2013.

The interview was very professional and courteous, brief but to the point. You will be notified in 72 hours after the interview is concluded.

Interview Questions
  • "We really don't need people with your background here" during the second phone interview.with mid-level manager. Although he was a bit too bold he was quite honest and personable. It is up to you to convince this interviewer.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Rockwell Collins

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Hiring manager and HR person were great. They were very helpful in answering questions specially when you are changing jobs.

Also, they are looking for good talent and which is good.

I had initial phone screen and followed by onsite with two different managers and their team since they were trying to see which group I was a better fit. Also, I wanted to see that what I would have liked to do in future.

Overall, interviews were based on your background along with them explaining about their projects too.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions I got were based on my educational & professional background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenton, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenton, VA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in February 2011.

I was interviewed for a experience level position. Got my offer in 1 day after interview

Very smooth and cool interview process. Started out with a presentation of my choice to a bunch of lead and junior level engineers and managers at the Warrenton facility in VA. It was followed by 7 different interviews at different levels for different positions. I did not know that.

But everyone was so patient and welcoming especially the managers. I have never given interviews like this. Questions varied from hardcore technical software engineering to my past CMMi experience.

They took all the effort to make me comfortable. Great team, I am very excited to work with them.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest damaging software release scenario you handled ?   View Answer
    Just be honest with your past salary. They will try and match the current market salary data. Truth is the keyword in negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in November 2010.

I applied online took around 15 day and I received a mail asked me for my availability in the next week. The interview was very simple I was asked what I knew about Rockwell, why this position and about my projects. The interview duration was just 45 mins. After 2 days I received a mail asked me about other details for background check. Once i gave them the information I received a call with offer :)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had a conflict and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in January 2012.

number of Interviews : 3 Including HR round
    Onsite custome Interview also
    First round Is Techical
    second Round Managerial and Customer /Client Interview
    HR Round

Senior Software Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in April 2011.

Telephonic interview : Consists of software process used and technologies used etc..

Onsite: It is exciting! they showed the labs and RIC and followed by some behavioural questions....followed by meeting the team where we discuss some technical questions

Interview Questions
    • what kind of enivironment you prefer? Team or personl   View Answer
    • what is real time operating sys   View Answer
    yes I did? I just stciked to my figure

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in March 2011.

One written and two rounds of technical rounds and then Hr round. Written would be of 1 hr and results would be given on the same day. 1st technical would be bit tough compared to 2nd one.

Interview Questions
    • 1st technical would be to test your knowledge as well as patience level. 2nd technical would be normal compared to 1st.   Answer Question