Rockwell Collins

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was very professional and courteous, brief but to the point. You will be notified in 72 hours after the interview is concluded.

Interview Question – "We really don't need people with your background here" during the second phone interview.with mid-level manager. Although he was a bit too bold he was quite honest and personable. It is up to you to convince this interviewer.   View Answer

Interviewed at Rockwell Collins

Interview Details – Hiring manager and HR person were great. They were very helpful in answering questions specially when you are changing jobs.

Also, they are looking for good talent and which is good.

I had initial phone screen and followed by onsite with two different managers and their team since they were trying to see which group I was a better fit. Also, I wanted to see that what I would have liked to do in future.

Overall, interviews were based on your background along with them explaining about their projects too.

Interview Question – Most of the questions I got were based on my educational & professional background.   Answer Question

Warrenton, VA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for a experience level position. Got my offer in 1 day after interview

Very smooth and cool interview process. Started out with a presentation of my choice to a bunch of lead and junior level engineers and managers at the Warrenton facility in VA. It was followed by 7 different interviews at different levels for different positions. I did not know that.

But everyone was so patient and welcoming especially the managers. I have never given interviews like this. Questions varied from hardcore technical software engineering to my past CMMi experience.

They took all the effort to make me comfortable. Great team, I am very excited to work with them.

Interview Question – What was the biggest damaging software release scenario you handled ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Just be honest with your past salary. They will try and match the current market salary data. Truth is the keyword in negotiations.

Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in November 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online took around 15 day and I received a mail asked me for my availability in the next week. The interview was very simple I was asked what I knew about Rockwell, why this position and about my projects. The interview duration was just 45 mins. After 2 days I received a mail asked me about other details for background check. Once i gave them the information I received a call with offer :)

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had a conflict and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in January 2012.

Interview Details – number of Interviews : 3 Including HR round
Onsite custome Interview also
First round Is Techical
second Round Managerial and Customer /Client Interview
HR Round

Interview Question – What u want to learn From This Company   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in April 2011.

Interview Details – Telephonic interview : Consists of software process used and technologies used etc..

Onsite: It is exciting! they showed the labs and RIC and followed by some behavioural questions....followed by meeting the team where we discuss some technical questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – yes I did? I just stciked to my figure

Worked for Rockwell Collins? Contribute to the Community!