Rockwell Collins Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Telephonic interview abut an hour or so, call from Manager. He explained about company background and job role. All basic questions interrupts, timer, stack,storage classes. 2 weeks later correspondence from HR. Background check, medical test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rockwell Collins

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Marina del Rey, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a good process. I applied to the internship online and got a phone screen request about a week later. After the phone screen, I was scheduled for an in-person interview. The people who interviewed me were great and asked about my resume items. As long as you can back up what you have on your resume with passion and experience, no matter who interviews you, they will appreciate it.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Applied Online and received a call for scheduling phone Interview.There were three interviewers on phone and the duration was 30 minutes.Questions were about company,behavioral,academic projects. Have some explanation ready before the phone interview for behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions like what motivates you to work, situation where you had a conflict with colleagues and how you solved it, questions from resume.Technical questions on projects, role in the project, about company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the career section on their website and received an invitation for a phone screen about 2 weeks later. In the phone screen (with two managers) I was asked about my career interests, some projects on my resume, behavioral questions (e.g. greatest strength/weakness, what was a difficult situation for you, etc.), and then I got to ask them my questions. Upon conclusion of the phone screen (which was about 45 minutes total) I was immediately offered an on-site interview scheduled for about 2 weeks later. For the on-site interview, I was offered overnight stay at a hotel (I declined), breakfast with an "ambassador" (friendly realtor from the area), was interviewed by two managers (the same from before), got a tour of the labs by the current engineer group I would be working with, and went to lunch at a nearby sports bar. All travel/stay/food expenses were reimbursed. The on-site interview was mostly more behavioral questions similar to the phone interview and the most technical questions required explaining pointers, stack, and other basic programming concepts. It took about 2 weeks for the HR department and managers to coordinate offer details.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I had applied online on their portal and I was invited for a telephonic interview. Most of the questions were related to software development lifecycle and requirement gathering. They asked me about one of my project and what I did in that project, about requirement gathering, problems we faced, testing etc.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the careers portal. Interview process is pretty straightforward. I was interviewing for a position requiring C++ and basic programming knowledge. There were 2 phone screens. The first phone screen had me talking to 3 Systems Engineers from the flight controls division. Questions asked were very straightforward and simple. A LOT of emphasis on team work and general personality. They focus on your resume quite heavily and pick up behavioral questions related to prior work. Not too many technical questions - a few concepts in C++ and OOPs here and there, that's about it. Got a call immediately the next day for the second phone screen. Second phone screen had a similar format as the first, however i was now speaking to the Manager himself regarding my prior experience and skills. Again a different set of behavioral questions here. Got a call the very next day from HR extending an offer. Very swift and smooth process. They basically want to know if you're an excellent team player and a good professional. Very relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the skills you have which are directly applicable to the work at Rockwell Collins?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fixed pay for interns

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

technical interview , test on technical issues..interviewers between 3 to 4. Lab and workplace expo for position, No discussion with benefits until reached last stage of negotiations. Goes thru job history, interview 2 or 3 managers and 6 to 7 engineers. Questions on technical background mostly, fewer questions on process or worker attitudes

Interview Questions

Negotiation

salary

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in September 2014.

Interview

phone and on-site interview. First they will call you to ask you some basic questions, like how did you know the company, and they will introduce the position and team and what they are looking for and then ask what kind of projects you did or course work you did and also ask if you would like to work in a team environment or individual way. It is more personality talk. then they will fly you in for on-site interview and more tough questions on technique.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you can't get your task done with schedule/buget and how you communicate it to your leadership   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a on campus interview. 2 phone screening and a onsite interview. The people are nice. No difficult questions. Most of them are project related questions. As long as you are a nice person willing to work hard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have a conflict with your teammates and how you deal with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

Submitted resume on line. After 3 weeks, a recruiter called and asked standard questions from the job description, and little bit about me like tell me your 3 best skills what are your 3 best qualities, etc. Then in a week a hiring manager called, we chatted about my resume, why I left previous employer, what projects I worked on etc. Then in a week I had job interview(s) at Rockwell Collins in Melbourne, FL. I talked to 4 engineers, 2 managers, and 1 HR person. They were all very nice. One of them showed me their lab where they integrate/test radars. It was very interesting to see. Engineers seem to be smart guys. I was not the best fit for the position. All the interviews took half a day 8:30-12:30. I got impression it would be a nice environment to work in, and they are nice people. They wanted to see if you would be happy working there, and if you would like the work. So, you have to convince them that you really would like the job. If you can easily move (no kids, no house), mention it to recruiters because it seemed they were looking to be as cheap as possible on relocation. The recruiter was supposed to call me within 3 days and tell me the decision they made, but he did not. Then, I called him on the fifth day after the interview, left a message, and he returned the call.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between FIR and IIR filters? They asked many behavioral questions as well.   Answer Question