Rockwell Collins

Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.9

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rockwell Collins.

technical interview , test on technical issues..interviewers between 3 to 4. Lab and workplace expo for position, No discussion with benefits until reached last stage of negotiations. Goes thru job history, interview 2 or 3 managers and 6 to 7 engineers. Questions on technical background mostly, fewer questions on process or worker attitudes

salary

Other Interview Reviews for Rockwell Collins

Software Engineer Interview

I had a on campus interview. 2 phone screening and a onsite interview. The people are nice. No difficult questions. Most of them are project related questions. As long as you are a nice person willing to work hard.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you have a conflict with your teammates and how you deal with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Submitted resume on line. After 3 weeks, a recruiter called and asked standard questions from the job description, and little bit about me like tell me your 3 best skills what are your 3 best qualities, etc. Then in a week a hiring manager called, we chatted about my resume, why I left previous employer, what projects I worked on etc. Then in a week I had job interview(s) at Rockwell Collins in Melbourne, FL. I talked to 4 engineers, 2 managers, and 1 HR person. They were all very nice. One of them showed me their lab where they integrate/test radars. It was very interesting to see. Engineers seem to be smart guys. I was not the best fit for the position. All the interviews took half a day 8:30-12:30. I got impression it would be a nice environment to work in, and they are nice people. They wanted to see if you would be happy working there, and if you would like the work. So, you have to convince them that you really would like the job.
    If you can easily move (no kids, no house), mention it to recruiters because it seemed they were looking to be as cheap as possible on relocation.
    The recruiter was supposed to call me within 3 days and tell me the decision they made, but he did not. Then, I called him on the fifth day after the interview, left a message, and he returned the call.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between FIR and IIR filters? They asked many behavioral questions as well.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rockwell Collins.

I was not called for second interview because I was not graduating the semester that I interviewed with them.

Interview Questions
    • What is your problem solving strategy? Name a project where you have applied it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in August 2013.

I applied online for a Software Engineer position, after one month I got a call from the hiring manager asking me some basic questions about my education, two weeks later they flew me to their HQ in Cedar rapids, IA. I had a whole day interview with different teams, asking me about my resume and some behavioral questions, three engineering managers took me to lunch in-between interviews. I was surprised for an entry level position they asked only three technical questions.
    I'm still waiting for the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Do you code software in your spare time ? ( Oh God are you serious haha)   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Considering this was my first job out of college I was a bit surprised by how the interview went. The company flew me to their headquarters on Cedar Rapids, IA for a couple of days, which was fully paid for, and proceeded to give me a full days worth of interviews.

I interviewed with 4 managers and most of them gave me behavioral questions to gauge my inter-personal skills. A few of them asked me some technical questions in both C and C++. I answered to the best of my abilities and was able to arrive at the correct solution most of the time.

One manager had me meet with almost half of the team. I sat in a room for 2-3 hours while 3-4 people came in, talked with me for a while, left and then some more arrived. Most of the questions were about my personal experiences at college, why I chose my major, and what I did in my senior design project.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the most frustrating part of your senior design project and how you ended up solving it.   Answer Question
    As I had no experience before hand, I threw out a number that I thought would be a bit high, but not unreasonable. The HR person said she'd talk to the manager and they gave me a counter offer that was about half of what I had proposed. They even threw in a couple of sign on bonuses so I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Rockwell Collins in October 2012.

Phone Screening-2 and On site

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in March 2011.

Hiring process was pretty laid back and enjoyable. Met with a number of engineers to talk about various topics. Engineers were fairly forth-coming about the specifics of the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were some pretty unexpected programming questions, specifically with embedded systems and the C programming language.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in October 2010.

Got an on-campus interview from university career fair. Heard back in 3 weeks and invited to on-site. Had a whole-day interview with 4 groups. Met the hiring manager and an engineer from each group. The interview process is more like a conversation instead of a test. They asked questions about my experience and my projects, some behavior questions, etc. They also explained what their team are working on (even showed videos, pictures, labs, equipments). The interviewers are very nice. I appreciate the way that they spend most of time telling you about what they are doing, what's the working environment like, and answering interviewee's questions, instead of making you write code or solve difficult problems. Just got a call telling me the offer is on the way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins in October 2010.

The interview process was fairly simple. I met the recruiter during the career fair in my University. I was called for a 30 mins interview the following day in the university campus. The recruiter learnt about my interests and previous work experience and briefed about the company. After a week I was called for the onsite interview. I was scheduled to interview with 3 teams. I was interviewed by the hiring manager and senior engineer in each team. The questions included behavioral, past projects, simple technical questions, technical skill level evaluation etc. Each team demonstrated the product they were working on. It is upon each team to evaluate how good a fit you are for the team.