Rockwell Collins

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Interview

Software
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rockwell Collins in March 2011.

Interview Details – In my interview it was a panel interview for a technical position, with supposed technical managers. No one on the room except me was over 30. They were proud of the lack of experience, one even bragging his degree was less than a year old, but he got to be manager because the entire department quit last year. This lead to problems,every technical answer had to be explained in excruciating detail. Lack of maturity among the managers, who spent most of at the interview mocking the other large defense/aerospace companies I had worked for. It seemed none of them had worked anywhere else but at RC. Be careful of the questions about other companies proprietary information, they all threw "pouts" like a two year old when I had to push back with no- disclosure agreements and that some of the questions violated them. Also they have no respect for classified information, stating that is not a reason to not answer a question. When they called my references not only were they rude, but called them liars when my refs validated my experiences. They also told one of my former managers that he over paid me. They made an offer $50k less than Previous job, and told me to be grateful that I was selected to a Rockwell employee.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – They came in $50k less than my last job, and would only hire me at a junior position. I was told that I would never qualify for a more senior position, even though I have a decade of experience in software. I was told that non-Rockwell experience did not count.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Rockwell Collins

Worked for Rockwell Collins? Contribute to the Community!

Rockwell Collins Videos

Rockwell Collins – Why Work for Us?

Big thinking. Big network. Big possibilities. Why does that describe working at Rockwell Collins? Because the first moon transmission was our achievement. So was the development of GPS. What about networked battlespaces… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rockwell Collins Software interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Rockwell Collins employees and interview candidates.