Rockwell Collins Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins (Richardson, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Very professional. Flew me out the day before the interview and flew me back the same day. Met with engineering manager and discussed company, the job and programs. Then met with two other engineers for an hour and then a different set of engineers for another hour and finally the hiring manager.

Got a call a week and a half later stating the position had been put on hold due to organizational changes within the company.

Interview Questions

• What is the best SYSML diagram to use when talking to the customer about a project?   1 Answer
  • Why are you applying?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Rockwell Collins

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

This was a job interview for System Engineer and I was interviewed by engineers. They were thorough and went through behavorial questions quickly, since they wanted to get through the interview in an hour and were more interested in the technical questions. They pushed hard fpr the right technical answer, but when I came to a point that I didn't know it anymore, they switched gears before it became uncomfortable. Sounded like they were nice, and didn't have a pecking order, wanted someone who's smart and willing o ask questions. Were open to my questions and seemed to be nice guys to work with.

Interview Questions

• Q: What does the angle between two poles (and the origin) on a root locus plot represent?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Instead of technical questions only behavioral questions were asked for 30 minutes. And after interview they said apply online for the position u like. But they were very cool and friendly in interview.

Interview Questions

• When did you give negative evaluation to peer in project and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

Everyone was extremely nice and welcoming, as well as very interested in what they had to do. I had an onsite interview in Cedar Rapids, and felt very much like a tight knit group that were passionate about their product. The complex is big, but everyone seemed to know each other. The process itself was long, but I expected it to last most of the day. About 6 hours of questions about technical and behavioral question, most of which were your typical "name a time when..."

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to convince team members to be motivated   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

First contacted them during career fair on campus, scheduled an interview for the next day. First interview was an even mix of technical and behavioral questions. A couple of weeks after the first interview received an email from a manager requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was mainly technical questions and expanding on resume information.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Seemed to be very informal, much more about personality than experience or knowledge. It was mostly just conversation about semi-related topics. Easy interview.

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate, but was told take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in September 2012.

Interview

Recruiters were very well acquainted with the discipline and various engineering specialties needed to completely describe the requirements for the position and understand my skill set. Throughout the interview process everyone was responsive polite and engaging. I never felt like I was in a "process". Thorough notes were taken and passed to the hiring manager, so I never had to repeat myself about goals, desires or prerequisites. Application paperwork was not onerous, took me about 30 minutes to complete.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview was translating between my experience and the Rockwell Collins vernacular. The company has a very strong corporate culture, and some of their terminology was difficult to decipher from context.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter was able to candidly indicate which parts of the offer were flexible and which could not be modified.

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in October 2011.

Interview

The people were amazing and very nice, got an interview at a career fair, they liked me, emailed me and asked me if I would fly in for a second interview, to which i was much obliged. Interviewed with team managers who really liked me and they were quite hospitable

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had a member of your team that wasn't very motivated and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

I didn't want to live that far from my family in the SE united states

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2011.

Interview

I was flown to Cedar Rapids. Once in Cedar Rapids, I took a company provided rental car to the Marriott. All food and travel expenses were reimbursed by Rockwell. The next morning we had a welcome breakfast with a company overview. After that there were 4 sessions of interviews/or tour. I had 4 interviews, but most other participants had 1-2 interviews. Each hiring manager drove us to their site. All questions were HR based-- with some questions about past projects. Other than being able to "talk technical" that was the end of the technical aspects. Each hiring manager showed us their labs and their area. During the evening there were snacks and drinks with each of the hiring managers-- jeans/polo-- is acceptable. The next day was a bus tour of cedar rapids. Overall, the interview was easy, but 4 interviews made for a very long, demanding day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really negotiable, but offer was higher than I was expecting. If you decide within 2 weeks you qualify for a signing bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in November 2010.

Interview

First contact was through the university career fair. I waited in line, presented my resume and spoke with a representitve for about 15 minutes, which was slightly longer than the other companies I spoke with. That evwning I received a call at roughly 8pm to schedule aan interview the next day. The next day the person I interviewed with was not the same person I spoke with on the day prior. They had 4 or 5 interviews going at a time in a large room, while most of the other second day interviews I attended only had two or three. The next step was accepting an invitation for an onsite interview. Naturally they paid for hotel' flight anf rental car. The onsite consisted of, for me, 4 job interviews for 4 different position. each interview was one hour 45 minutes, totalling about 7 hours, but some interviews were a bit shorter. I received an offer, contingent on background and drug test, about a week later. Overall very few technical questions, most consisted of how you communicate and work with people and how you would evaluate ssomething (systems specific)