Rodale Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2014
Updated Jul 6, 2014

2.2

Personal Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rodale.

There was a series of two interviews. The questions were applicable to the job with a lot of personal, real world application questions. The interview contained five separate people interviewing me and it was a positive environment to be in.

Interview Questions
    • How will you personally motivate people who do not have to pay to go work out and do not lose anything by it?   Answer Question

Assistant Editor Interview

I was called by someone in Human Resources in Pennsylvania. I went out to PA to interview. The interview process took a while longer than expected, but was all done fairly smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a few times about whether or not I would move to Pennsylvania (where the Rodale HQ is located).   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emmaus, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rodale in March 2014.

After first contact to invite for interview, an HR representativ called with basic information including position level and salary (not specified in posting) and even had courtesy to suggest I was overqualified and recommend I aim higher. Interview was with direct and indirect supervisors, both very pleasant and frank.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly the discussion was about the position itself, its duties and limitations, and how they compare with my credentials. As it was mutually agreed I was overqualified and the position scope and salary were not flexible, there were no hard questions.   Answer Question

Associate Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emmaus, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rodale in May 2012.

Phone interview with HR to go over resume and salary

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. They were really nice and very informal. We just talked.   Answer Question

Junior Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rodale.

Applied online and was contacted for an interview two business days later. I presume the interviewer was quick to decide that they were not interested in me as a candidate because they asked two general questions about myself and my education and within the first 10 minutes they moved on to seeing if I had any remaining questions about the position. The following 20 minutes were questions I had about the position. Following the interview I sent them a thank you with three references at their request. A week and a half later without additional correspondence I received a letter declining a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Have you used Drupal or any similar content management system?   Answer Question

Editorial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Rodale in April 2012.

Easy Interview process, I applied online, I was contacted by PR the next week and was asked a few questions about where I wanted to work in the company. Very easy, on reflection I think the process was so easy because actually working at the company was a nightmare. I would say the interview process is misleading. I REGRET working here.

none

Senior Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emmaus, PA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Rodale in August 2011.

I was interested in Senior Researcher position, applied online, next day received a phone call.
    It went fairly well. I think though my qualifications did not quite match the requirements for the job.
    I was asked about my previous job experiences, education, what do I know about the company and why would I like to work for Rodale.

Online Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rodale in January 2011.

Phone interview with HR then 1:1 interview with a manager.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emmaus, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rodale in October 2009.

Very relaxed - they did more talking than I did.

Interview Questions
    They do not negotiate vacation time

Editorial Business Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emmaus, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Rodale in July 2010.

There was the initial telephone interview with standard questions such as past employment, skills, why you are looking to leave and what is it about this job that interests you. A week or so later was a face to face interview with the hiring manager, the incument I would be replacing and also HR. What stayed with me was how pleasant they all were and what a relaxing and calm environment Rodale had. It would have been a joy to work there.

Interview Questions

Worked for Rodale? Contribute to the Community!