Rodan + Fields Interview Questions

2.1

Manager, Field Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rodan + Fields in July 2014.

Applied online, reached out to the recruiter on linkedin, Initial screening over the phone, 2 rounds of onsite interviews with the team (peers and management) - mix of behavioural questions and discussion around problem solving and analytical skills.

Interview Questions
    • Went through the resume and asked to provide specific example of projects I worked on. Example, tell me how comfortable are you in developing business model? How do you go about solving a problem? What role do you play in a team?

I have to say that the interview process is very informal and the people ask genuine questions and share their real challenges. Overall it is pretty an enjoyable interview process.
        Answer Question

It was a manger title with a pretty senior profile (8-year experience) and also ability to be a manager of people (the role had one person reporting to). Going in, I assumed all managers at the company are fairly senior but then after talking to the team and doing research online I realized they don't have a structured approach about it. I would have been more flexible if the comp package was better than market average which was not either.

I have to say, that I was told the salary from the beginning however I was expecting a much better share package and even a signing bonus but it was not the case.

At the end and after the offer, there was no flexibility about the offer. The hiring manager did not even accept to talk to me to discuss what can be done about the offer. I was surprised about the lack of flexibility especially after the great interview experience I had.

Independent Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Rodan + Fields in February 2013.

No interview process! Once I made the decision to join, simple process to start. My biggest hurdle was being brave enough to take the chance on this business and purchase the start-up kit.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of joining on is parting with the funds for the start up kit.   View Answer
    n/a

General Support Coordinator- Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rodan + Fields in December 2013.

I was contacted on Linked in by this company to apply for this position. The interview was professional yet very relaxed and comfortable. The person interviewing is my now supervisor. She was super friendly with great people skills so it made me less nervous for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • I really don't remember anything too difficult or unexpected. The whole thing was pretty seamlessly comfortable.   Answer Question
    They already told me in the interview what pay and benefits would look like so I knew what to expect. No negotiations necessary in this situation.

Executive Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Rodan + Fields in January 2014.

I read about this company online, and applied with hesitation because it was direct sales, which I've never done.
    I received an email thanking me for my application, which suggested a time to speak via Google Hangouts.
    I spoke with the President of the company who is really laid back and personable. She explained our connection to Rodan + Fields, and she outlined a strategy for us to dominate the nation and further elaborated on the fact our company is not even five years old yet, so there is massive growth.
    I asked about the compensation structure and she emailed a grid as we were speaking that outlines our comp plan- very generous.
    We had two more conversations before she invited me into the group, and I am now following the same process to hire my own team.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I was asked is, "What could you do with more income", which is the slogan for our division.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Rodan + Fields in September 2013.

HR was not prepared for the interview at all. After talking about how fast the company is growing, she then went on and on about how a company gets what it pays for as she has been there for two weeks, but her phone is still not working properly.

Consultant Interview

This is a Direct Selling/MLM company, so even though you may see consultants advertise that they are looking to "interview" one more person for their team this month, it's really not an interview. They are desperate for you to contact them. And for as many people as possible to contact them. And in my experience and many others, they will mislead you and withhold vital information from you until you join as a consultant, investing in the most expensive business kit ($995), which they tell you, you must purchase to be successful. In this "interview" or enrollment process, in my experience and others, they will tell you about the luxurious life you can live working just part-time hours (10-15 hours a week). You can win a Lexus and become a millionaire. It's a "turn-key" business. A "business-in-a-box." And, they will tell you, they are not a "party" company. "No inventory, no deliveries, no paperwork, no party plans, no hassle." They say. And they encourage you to become an EC (Executive Consultant) right away. Hit and maintain a minimum of $600 in volume to become an EC. It all sounds really good until reality sets in and it's too late.

See, in my experience and others I've talked to, what they don't tell you before you join are important details that could change your mind about joining this company. Did you know that the average annual income of a consultant is only $4,115 a year? And the percentage of Level V earners is only 2%. As far as R+F not being a "party" company is not true. As soon as you join, your sponsor will encourage you to have a "BBL" (Big Business Launch) which is a social gathering usually including cocktails, to build your business. You will also be encouraged to attend other local "events" such as "Cocktails and Conversations," also to build your business. So if you are not a social person or do not have a large network, this is not the job for you. They also do not tell you what happens when you do not hit your $600 minimum in volume for a month. If you have consultants under you, you basically lose those consultants to your sponsor and will never get those consultants back to increase your title or get promoted. It's a big piece of information to not know.

When I enrolled, I never received a copy or access to the Policies and Procedures or the Consultant Application Terms and Conditions before I joined. Be careful. Make sure you receive all of this information and please read it.

Interview Questions
    • Remember, this is a Direct Selling/MLM company. You will become an Independent Consultant and will own your own business once you join. Please read all information before joining.   Answer Question

Independent Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Rodan + Fields in October 2012.

Anyone interested needs to be a "go-getter", be a multi-tasker, be energetic and enthusiastic.

Independent Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northeast, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northeast, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Rodan + Fields in October 2011.

When I was told about the possibility of working with Rodan + Fields, I had many questions. Throughout the interview process, the information was clearly laid out, I had the opportunity to talk to other professionals in the organization so that we could both assess whether this was the right step. I had three different conversations before starting work with them. Each time I felt the enthusiasm and genuineness of those I spoke with. That feeling has persisted through my current work with them.

Interview Questions
    • Perhaps the most difficult question was how committed was I ready to be. I had to assess my own motivations and needs, as well as what I could truly offer to the organization. There was never a time issue. It was clear that I could put in as many or as few hours as I wanted to. It was more knowing that I wanted to commit to myself once I started. Once I committed, everything fell into place with ease.   Answer Question

Worked for Rodan + Fields? Contribute to the Community!