Rogers Communications Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.8

Customer Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

First I filled out my job history and education online. I was taken from there to a questionairre which I filled out. The next day a recruiter called me and asked me a few questions, then I was interviewed in person where they asked pretty much the same questions. I did a test where they tested my typing speed and ability to use the internet to research.

Interview Questions

• If you had to go to a concert and couldn't change out your shift, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a set pay

A New Business Model Presentation Interview

Interview

A clean presentation and application of an innovative approach to further dominate the corporate cellular communications consumer stronghold by reaching a "niche" market of new economic clientele as to offer more flexible option to one year term and monthly device management lease costs. Affordable to the young population and wireless devices that are the latest in technological advances and quality name brands as I Phone commanding high retail commitment and 2 year commitments.

Interview Questions

• How do you as a corporate leadership in business development see the new age of social app and network marketing shrinking an already demanding and competitive placement in a completely commanding e commerce and e finance.   1 Answer
    • Can you foster an open approach to adopt a more flexible term contract guideline to ensure an even more widely diverse clientele within a much tighter economy and limited monthly income.   Answer Question

Rogers Enterprise Business Unit - Network Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Rogers Communications (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I did NOT apply for this job. Rogers Enterprise Business Unit contacted me. It all started when a Sr. Recruitment Consultant with Rogers’ Talent Acquisition sent me a message through LinkedIn. It was something like this: “Are you looking for a perm role. I am recruiting for a Manager Solutions Development – Enterprise Network Security for Rogers. Kindly let me know if you will be interested”.

The job title was “Senior Product Manager – Enterprise Network Security”. This job reports into the Rogers Enterprise Business Unit. I thought it was interesting and I discussed the job back and forth with the Rogers’ Recruitment Consultant. After I provided my resume and salary expectations, I was invited to an interview that took place at the Rogers’ campus on Dixie Rd, Brampton, ON L6T 0C1.

This is the part of the description that interested me “You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must have a solid background in Domestic and International telecom sector, enjoy identifying trends, analyzing the competitive marketplace, understand customer problems, and find innovative solutions for the market.”

Unfortunately, at the interview, it became obvious that the job description did not capture what the hiring manager actually needed. For example, the “Skills/Competencies” requirements were all wrong (it included at the top of the list “Professional Services (Assessments, Audits, Architecture)” but at the job interview, the hiring manager indicated that is a minimal part of the job, if at all). I assume this problem was caused by a lack of job analysis, resulting on an ill-defined job description.

There was no need for a blend of “business and technical savvy”, or a background in “International telecom sector” (whatever they think that means), and even worse, an Information Security background was not exactly a priority, even when the position was supposed to exist in the Enterprise Network Security space. The focus of the questions was on network engineering and solutioning networking services.

I think (and I am assuming here) what the Hiring Manager requires would be a person with many years of networking experience (no business experience, and minimal information Security experience if any, at all), such as a network engineer, or a security technologies engineer. Or perhaps, he would be better served by looking for a network engineer that is going through the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification program. In any case, neither requirement was clearly spelled in the job description.

And no specific certifications (e.g., CISCO, Juniper, Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP), CISSP, etc) were captured in the job description at all, either. This would help immensely to attract candidates that have experience in those particular fields, or candidates that are working towards those certs, or that already have them.

On an unrelated topic: parking is a huge problem at this location. I imagine it is an even worse problem for employees that cannot arrive first thing in the morning, so they cannot get a decent spot.

Interview Questions

• The focus of the questions was on network engineering and solutioning networking services.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

Telephone initial interview, where they called to set up a call, returned the call, conducted a 30 minutes call. They were very professional, they laid out the process, said a question let me respond, not too difficult.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rogers Communications (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online at company website. Received phone call to book phone screening interview. Was given a link for skills testing. It took about an hour to complete. It involved a module where you take customer phone calls and behavioral questions. After phone screening I was booked a face to face interview with HR rep the following week. Interviewed with HR and was told I would receive an answer by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview:
      What do you consider success?
      Explain the steps you use to sell a products.
      Tell me what you did at your last job.
      How confident are you at selling?
      What other jobs have you been applying for?
      Why does Rogers interest you?
      DO you plan to go back to school?
      Do you require time off in the next 3 months?

Face to Face:
      Describe your experience with sales goals.
      Take me through the steps you use to sell products or services.
      Do you have experience in a call center?
      What motives you?
      Why do you think you will be successful in this role?
      How have previous jobs prepared you for this role?
      If you weren't close to reaching your monthly target what would you do to improve your sales before the deadline?

1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

First contacted bY HR who did a basic screen test (my background, salary expectations etc). The next interview was in-person with the hiring manager - very pleasant. We chatted about the role, the job priorities, my experience and how it translates to the role. Then I moved to the final round, where again, we chatted. The interviewer asked me mostly behavioural and situational questions.

Senior Designer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

I was contacted on Christmas Eve for an application made a few weeks prior. The HR person apparently hadn't read my CV or cover latter and asked me a few questions that I covered extensively in there. I explained my situation again, which they failed to understand (I guess I didn't do a good job but it wasn't actually that complicated). Two phone calls later, they wanted to double check the timeline of the position whether it would be feasible to hire me. They said no, two months is two long after a day and I haven't heard form them again. Two months later, they're still looking...

Interview Questions

• Where are you at the moment?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

Apply online. Then (via email response) go back online to fill out assessment/skills tests. As long as you pass these required assessments, you would get a phone call asking if you will be available for a 30 minute phone interview (i chose the following morning). Then If the person on the phone likes you, they will ask you to come in for an interview. This is with 2 department mangers.

Interview Questions

• What is a good customer service event that happened to you?   Answer Question

Human Resources Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a phone screen followed by two interviews (it didn't meet my salary expectation, so I only had the phone screen). There were a few behavioral questions, followed by a quick walk through of my experience).

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you lead where there was a significant strategic component that you worked on.   1 Answer

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Rogers Communications (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

First off you get a phone interview from a recruiter in Montreal, the call was nearly a half an hour of questions being asked, everything from "What do you know about our company?" To "Why do you want to work here?" And more questions about your work history, skills and any other experience you have. Then they will ask you to come in for a face to face interview. I was interviewed one on one in the office at the call center which lasted about 40 minutes. You get asked typical interview questions, and then more customer service related questions such as "How would you deal with an angry customer?" Also, you are asked to sell a phone out of 3 choices. I recommend doing research before the interview and have your questions/answers ready to go when they ask you. I admit I froze up a bit during a couple of the questions and they didn't end up hiring me, despite me being more that qualified for the job and the interview going well besides that, or so I thought. Quite disappointed, cost me a ton talking to them long distance too!

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer