Rogers Communications Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.8

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

It was just like every other job interview. The questions were basic and about my current set of customer service skills. basically how well i worked with a team, how i worked under pressure, etc.

Interview Questions

• They asked my personal preferences when it comes to technology.   Answer Question

Vicinity Rewards - Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There was a phone interview with HR, a Skype interview with the manager, and then an in person interview at their Downtown Toronto office. Here, you get a tour of the facility, an Excel test, as well as more in-person interviewing. The interviewers are nice people and the whole process was quite comprehensive. They asked a variety of questions, including behavioural and logic-based.

Interview Questions

• How much time would it take to walk from here to the White House?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

online assessment of 1 hour followed with telephone interview after couple of days and then face to face interview. It is a long process. but not very difficult. Still waiting for response. Just be thorough with your resume. You must have some good examples of the situation.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was shown around the Rogers campus while we discussed the atmosphere of the place. It seems the expectations are high for a sales person but achievements are celebrated in this atmosphere.The place itself is nice , think a Google style office (likely to help employees relax so they can continue their day successfully) Another thing I want to preface this with was that the staff was very friendly (those on the floor as well as the interviewers) Anyway we sat down we had I would say 45 minute discussion (standard) with opportunities to explain and discuss different aspects. By the end of it I was given a verbal go ahead for the Job and have accepted the offer. The questions are designed to see if you can 1) think on your feet 2) communicate

Interview Questions

• How would I feel and what would I do if it was 2 months in and I had not sold anything?(paraphrased)   1 Answer
    • Can you deal with constant rejection? (paraphrased)   1 Answer
    • How did you overcome challenges in the past?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I received a brief phone interview exactly one week later. Then I was scheduled a face to face interview with one of the managers on site. The position I applied was at a kiosk in a mall, not a store. I cannot exactly recall the questions asked by the interviewer, however the theme of all the questions was customer service based. They really want to understand how your previous experience can be of help in this position. Make sure to think of a good answer on how to handle aggressive customers. For instance, if the customer was asking for further discounts, how would you handle the situation? This is a commission based position so if you have previous retails experience based on performance, you should be in a good position. Confidence will go a long way. Do a little bit of research on what ROGERS does, too.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an aggressive customer?   1 Answer

Rogers Enterprise Business Unit - Network Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I did NOT apply for this job. Rogers Enterprise Business Unit contacted me. It all started when a Sr. Recruitment Consultant with Rogers’ Talent Acquisition sent me a message through LinkedIn. It was something like this: “Are you looking for a perm role. I am recruiting for a Manager Solutions Development – Enterprise Network Security for Rogers. Kindly let me know if you will be interested”. The job title was “Senior Product Manager – Enterprise Network Security”. This job reports into the Rogers Enterprise Business Unit. I thought it was interesting and I discussed the job back and forth with the Rogers’ Recruitment Consultant. After I provided my resume and salary expectations, I was invited to an interview that took place at the Rogers’ campus on Dixie Rd, Brampton, ON L6T 0C1. This is the part of the description that interested me “You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must have a solid background in Domestic and International telecom sector, enjoy identifying trends, analyzing the competitive marketplace, understand customer problems, and find innovative solutions for the market.” Unfortunately, at the interview, it became obvious that the job description did not capture what the hiring manager actually needed. For example, the “Skills/Competencies” requirements were all wrong (it included at the top of the list “Professional Services (Assessments, Audits, Architecture)” but at the job interview, the hiring manager indicated that is a minimal part of the job, if at all). I assume this problem was caused by a lack of job analysis, resulting on an ill-defined job description. There was no need for a blend of “business and technical savvy”, or a background in “International telecom sector” (whatever they think that means), and even worse, an Information Security background was not exactly a priority, even when the position was supposed to exist in the Enterprise Network Security space. The focus of the questions was on network engineering and solutioning networking services. I think (and I am assuming here) what the Hiring Manager requires would be a person with many years of networking experience (no business experience, and minimal information Security experience if any, at all), such as a network engineer, or a security technologies engineer. Or perhaps, he would be better served by looking for a network engineer that is going through the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification program. In any case, neither requirement was clearly spelled in the job description. And no specific certifications (e.g., CISCO, Juniper, Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP), CISSP, etc) were captured in the job description at all, either. This would help immensely to attract candidates that have experience in those particular fields, or candidates that are working towards those certs, or that already have them. On an unrelated topic: parking is a huge problem at this location. I imagine it is an even worse problem for employees that cannot arrive first thing in the morning, so they cannot get a decent spot.

Interview Questions

• The focus of the questions was on network engineering and solutioning networking services.   Answer Question

Rogers Communications Response

Aug 20, 2015 – Employment Brand Specialist

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize that you had this experience while interviewing for a position with us. After reviewing your feedback, we will be looking into this ... More

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online at company website. Received phone call to book phone screening interview. Was given a link for skills testing. It took about an hour to complete. It involved a module where you take customer phone calls and behavioral questions. After phone screening I was booked a face to face interview with HR rep the following week. Interviewed with HR and was told I would receive an answer by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview: What do you consider success? Explain the steps you use to sell a products. Tell me what you did at your last job. How confident are you at selling? What other jobs have you been applying for? Why does Rogers interest you? DO you plan to go back to school? Do you require time off in the next 3 months? Face to Face: Describe your experience with sales goals. Take me through the steps you use to sell products or services. Do you have experience in a call center? What motives you? Why do you think you will be successful in this role? How have previous jobs prepared you for this role? If you weren't close to reaching your monthly target what would you do to improve your sales before the deadline?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

Telephone initial interview, where they called to set up a call, returned the call, conducted a 30 minutes call. They were very professional, they laid out the process, said a question let me respond, not too difficult.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

First contacted bY HR who did a basic screen test (my background, salary expectations etc). The next interview was in-person with the hiring manager - very pleasant. We chatted about the role, the job priorities, my experience and how it translates to the role. Then I moved to the final round, where again, we chatted. The interviewer asked me mostly behavioural and situational questions.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

Apply online. Then (via email response) go back online to fill out assessment/skills tests. As long as you pass these required assessments, you would get a phone call asking if you will be available for a 30 minute phone interview (i chose the following morning). Then If the person on the phone likes you, they will ask you to come in for an interview. This is with 2 department mangers.

Interview Questions

• What is a good customer service event that happened to you?   Answer Question