Rogers Communications

Relevance Date Difficulty

Developer Intern Interview

Developer Intern
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed at Rogers Communications in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very friendly interviewer, described the department, some of the projects, and what the work environment is like. Asked a few knowledge based questions, nothing too difficult. Very relaxed experience.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Outrank Inside Sales Representative Interview

Outrank Inside Sales Representative
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview Details – They sold me on believing that I could easily make over 110k

Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Rogers Communications in October 2013.

Interview Details – There were five people interviewing me. I had to go around the room and each concentrated on a specified area to ask me questions. One was about customer service, another about sales, another about past work experiences, another about availability, etc. The experience was new and challenging but I learned a lot. It lasted around 45 mins.

Interview Question – What will you do if you don't meet the sales quota for the week?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rogers Communications in October 2010.

Interview Details – 3 processes - the hiring manager; the hiring manager and his/her manager; then the director/VP.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Interviewed at Rogers Communications

Interview Details – 1 online behavioural survey
1 online assessment
1 telephone interview
1 in person interview
background check

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 3 years   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed at Rogers Communications in January 2009.

Interview Details – one one the phone screening interview, followed by an in person interview with hiring manager

Interview Question – pretty straight forward questions (behavioral) focused on how to identify customer issues and needs, problem solving, bridging to sales, team work, dealing with targets. A lot of focus on customer service experience and backgrond.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation

Customer Service/Sales Consultant Interview

Customer Service/Sales Consultant
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Rogers Communications in November 2013.

Interview Details – After doing the online test, I had a phone interview followed by an in person interview. The questions asked in the phone & in person interviews were almost the same just phrased in a different way. The questions were all scenerio based and wanted you to answer with what you would do and why.

Interview Question – None really. I suggest taking notes during the phone interview because you find out what they want by the answers you get.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Rogers Communications in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applyed online and got an email requesting from RH person asking for a phone interview. Was suppused to get the call, after 10 min. I called and left message. She finally called me 4 hours latter... We ran the interview for about 40 minutes, basic questions. I was suppused to get confirmation of interview in next few days.

After a week I called, left message the the RH person. I finally got the generic and automatic email saying that my application was unsuccessful. No more feedback.

Interview Question – They'll aks if you have question, but RH has actually no idea of what is the job.   View Answer

Customer Service/Sales Representative Interview

Customer Service/Sales Representative
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Rogers Communications in September 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview - Just under 30 minutes, questions (from my memory) were as follows:

Why do you want to work for Rogers?
Tell me about your most recent job.
What did you like most about your recent job?
What did you like least about your most recent job?
What would your employer say about your greatest strengths?
What do you think you could improve on?
Where do you see yourself in 2 years from now, do you have plans to go back to school?
Describe a situation where you had to calm a customer down.
Describe a situation where you didn’t have all of the information that you needed and how did you get that information.
Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for someone.
Describe a situation where you made a mistake and had to apologize for it.
You are given two different customer service scenarios and asked what you would do in the event that these scenarios happened.

In person interview – About 45 minutes

There was a girl interviewing me and typing everything I was saying as I was speaking, as well as a gentleman who was the H/R Team Manager sitting in to write down notes and ask any questions she may have missed.

They had me fill out paperwork first, I’m assuming they do this to calm people’s nerves a bit before questions.

Questions (from my memory) were as follows:

Why are you the best fit for the job?
Why do you want to work in Customer Service, why Rogers?
Describe a situation where you received criticism from your last boss? How did you handle the criticism?
How did you feel about the conversation between you and your boss?
How do you feel about criticism in general?
Two role-play situations – one where a customer called to complain about long-distance charges and requested a credit, another where you have to sell something, any product, doesn’t have to even be a roger’s product, could be a pencil.
A lot of people call in who are upset and angry, how would you handle an angry customer?
What would be a strategy for dealing with angry customer after angry customer?
Would you get flustered or upset if you dealt with angry customers calling all day?
What is your idea of what good customer service is?

Interview Question – Due to my lack of customer service/sales experience, the role play scenarios were the only difficult things for me. Be prepared to sell something or to know how to handle a situation where you would have to credit a customer.   Answer Question

Sales Auditor-Retail Finance Interview

Sales Auditor-Retail Finance

Interviewed at Rogers Communications

Interview Details – Applied online, got an interview, follow up interview, spoke on the phone about salary expectations. Everything was pretty straight forward, they never hid anything. Open and honest communication from management

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected or difficult   Answer Question