Rogers Communications

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview Details – Looked for a SAS programer. A team filled with Phd people. Every one has a fake smile till your time comes.
Get a call from the HR one HR round.
Manager Round then the final round.
Negotiation is easy if on work permit very low salary if canadian better pay.

Interview Question – No such questions they want person to know the business flow and some programming exp.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was on work permit so i was offered very less what the market rate is . I had no option but to accept it .
Cannot negotiate anything unless a Phd in education .

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Rogers Communications in August 2013.

Interview Details – Met agent before the interview, nightmare. Agent was late. I was late.

Interview Question – What should you do if a project is due tomorrow and your manager and your team members are not there?   View Answer

Part Time Technical Support Representative Interview

Part Time Technical Support Representative
Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rogers Communications in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied at night before going to bed. I was surprised when i got the call next morning. Most of the questions were general HR questions. Then i was set up the face to face interview next day. There were 2 people taking my interview. It was for Rogers Hamilton Office. The interview was about 20 minutes.

Interview Question – How do you multitask/keep yourself organised in your daily life   Answer Question

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Technical Support Consultant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rogers Communications in August 2009.

Interview Details – Online application, phone interview, followed by in person interview.

Application online was straight forward but does require an account to be created with the Rogers website. I waited about two weeks to get a response which was then turned into a basic phone interview assessing your ability to talk on the phone, answer basic questions, etc.

I was then scheduled for an in person interview at the York Mills location a few days later, I met with two team managers and had a basic interview, not many questions were asked, I was more told how things are done, explained procedures, etc.

After the interview I was asked for a background check, Rogers completed the check themselves and after it cleared I was made a job offer. There was no opportunity for negotiation, it was a "take it or leave it" offer.

Interview Question – How would you handle an irate customer who is demanding instant compensation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

TSR Interview

TSR

Interviewed at Rogers Communications

Interview Details – 2nd interview questions with Team Managers:

-give an example of when you (yourself) received good customer service?
-how do you handle customers who are angry, frustrated and unreasonable?
-do you know how 'metrics' work ? (average handle time, service levels)

Interview Question – -describe a time when you solved a problem for a customer who gave incomplete or false information about his issue?   Answer Question

Rogers Communications Inside Sales (Rogers Outrank) Interview

Rogers Communications Inside Sales (Rogers Outrank)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Rogers Communications in June 2013.

Interview Details – You apply online and there's an initial 10-15 minute phone interview. They call you out of the blue so be prepared to answer a few questions without much prep.

Then they call you in for an initial interview with an HR person - they're friendly enough and the questions are straight forward - why do you want to work here, why do you think you'd succeed in sales, tell me about a time you sold something, etc. There's also a portion where they make you do a role play. You have to follow the script exactly but you also have to make it your own.

Then they call you back for an interview with the VP of Sales. This is mainly a role play exercise again and a few questions as well. The catch is that he's purposefully rude to you and keeps giving you non-verbal signals that he's upset with your performance. Basically, he wants you to show him that you have mental fortitude. It can be unnerving and comes off extremely rude but I'm sure it's all just business - trying to make sure they get the toughest sales people.

Interview Question – Why should I give you the job even though you have no sales experience   Answer Question

Manager, Customer Launch and Business Readiness Interview

Manager, Customer Launch and Business Readiness
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Rogers Communications in May 2010.

Interview Details – 1st interview was over phone with HR manager for 1 hour reviewing the résumé discussing experience and specific initiatives, successes that would contribute to this role. HR manager was great in providing details about the vacant position and what the hiring manager would be seeking. Also discussed salary expectations and employee benefits.
Second interview was with hiring manager and was an hour focused 40% on work experience and 60% on behavioural. Final interview was with a peer manager of the vacant role for 30m to assess fit with team. Assignment was sent by manager to complete business case and send back within 3 days. Offer was made one week later. Total time was 3 weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly difficult, typical behavioural and the business case assignment took some time but not hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, was unable to increase salary, bonus or vacation.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Rogers Communications in March 2012.

Interview Details – Went through recruiting, VP Interview, got the job

Interview Question – What was the worst day you've ever had in sales?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 20k Comp plan, but great commisions.

Customer and Sales Consultant Interview

Customer and Sales Consultant
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Rogers Communications in May 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call to schedule a phone interview which was conducted the same day after 2 hours! They didnt ask much about my previous work experience. All the questions they asked were situational which also included a role playing scenario in which they will ask you to be the sales person.

Interview Question – What didnt you like about your last work place?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rogers Communications in September 2012.

Interview Details – Firstly you will get a phone call. They will ask you about challenges you have had or what is a good example of a job you have done. They will ask about past jobs and how they could relate to this one. They will tell you about the job itself and they will be super nice. This person is a recruiter. The interview you need to bring two pieces of picture ID. They won't hire you without it. They will do a criminal record check and financial check. Then you get a test to do where you do typing and listening. There is also some math questions. If you fail they let you do it again. Then you wait to get a call with an offer or they don't call you back.

Interview Question – What is one time you have failed and how did you learn from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You don't negotiate its a set rate.