Rogers Communications

Updated Oct 4, 2014
Updated Oct 4, 2014

2.9

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rogers Communications.

Looked for a SAS programer. A team filled with Phd people. Every one has a fake smile till your time comes.
    Get a call from the HR one HR round.
    Manager Round then the final round.
    Negotiation is easy if on work permit very low salary if canadian better pay.

Interview Questions
    • No such questions they want person to know the business flow and some programming exp.   Answer Question
    I was on work permit so i was offered very less what the market rate is . I had no option but to accept it .
    Cannot negotiate anything unless a Phd in education .

Customer Service/Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rogers Communications in September 2013.

Phone interview - Just under 30 minutes, questions (from my memory) were as follows:

Why do you want to work for Rogers?
    Tell me about your most recent job.
    What did you like most about your recent job?
    What did you like least about your most recent job?
    What would your employer say about your greatest strengths?
    What do you think you could improve on?
    Where do you see yourself in 2 years from now, do you have plans to go back to school?
    Describe a situation where you had to calm a customer down.
    Describe a situation where you didn’t have all of the information that you needed and how did you get that information.
    Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for someone.
    Describe a situation where you made a mistake and had to apologize for it.
    You are given two different customer service scenarios and asked what you would do in the event that these scenarios happened.

In person interview – About 45 minutes

There was a girl interviewing me and typing everything I was saying as I was speaking, as well as a gentleman who was the H/R Team Manager sitting in to write down notes and ask any questions she may have missed.

They had me fill out paperwork first, I’m assuming they do this to calm people’s nerves a bit before questions.

Questions (from my memory) were as follows:

Why are you the best fit for the job?
    Why do you want to work in Customer Service, why Rogers?
    Describe a situation where you received criticism from your last boss? How did you handle the criticism?
    How did you feel about the conversation between you and your boss?
    How do you feel about criticism in general?
    Two role-play situations – one where a customer called to complain about long-distance charges and requested a credit, another where you have to sell something, any product, doesn’t have to even be a roger’s product, could be a pencil.
    A lot of people call in who are upset and angry, how would you handle an angry customer?
    What would be a strategy for dealing with angry customer after angry customer?
    Would you get flustered or upset if you dealt with angry customers calling all day?
    What is your idea of what good customer service is?

Interview Questions
    • Due to my lack of customer service/sales experience, the role play scenarios were the only difficult things for me. Be prepared to sell something or to know how to handle a situation where you would have to credit a customer.   Answer Question

Platform Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Rogers Communications in September 2013.

1. Online profile creation
    2. Online application
    3. Telephone screening interview by HR Manager - be prepared to talk about why you specifically applied for that position of all Rogers openings and to defend every item on your resume
    4. Technical interview with senior specialists and manager

Interview Questions
    Not much room for negotiation

Project Coordinator Interview

Applied online and got a call a week later from HR. Then got scheduled for an interview 2 weeks later

TSR Interview

2nd interview questions with Team Managers:

-give an example of when you (yourself) received good customer service?
    -how do you handle customers who are angry, frustrated and unreasonable?
    -do you know how 'metrics' work ? (average handle time, service levels)

Interview Questions
    • -describe a time when you solved a problem for a customer who gave incomplete or false information about his issue?   Answer Question

Part Time Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rogers Communications in August 2013.

I applied at night before going to bed. I was surprised when i got the call next morning. Most of the questions were general HR questions. Then i was set up the face to face interview next day. There were 2 people taking my interview. It was for Rogers Hamilton Office. The interview was about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • How do you multitask/keep yourself organised in your daily life   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Rogers Communications in August 2013.

Met agent before the interview, nightmare. Agent was late. I was late.

Interview Questions
    • What should you do if a project is due tomorrow and your manager and your team members are not there?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Online application. Contacted within a week for an interview which was pleasant. Job was for a night shift CSR. Seemed like a nice place to work but was nit interested in that. Ended up turning down the job because I couldn't work at night b

Rogers Communications Inside Sales (Rogers Outrank) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rogers Communications in June 2013.

You apply online and there's an initial 10-15 minute phone interview. They call you out of the blue so be prepared to answer a few questions without much prep.

Then they call you in for an initial interview with an HR person - they're friendly enough and the questions are straight forward - why do you want to work here, why do you think you'd succeed in sales, tell me about a time you sold something, etc. There's also a portion where they make you do a role play. You have to follow the script exactly but you also have to make it your own.

Then they call you back for an interview with the VP of Sales. This is mainly a role play exercise again and a few questions as well. The catch is that he's purposefully rude to you and keeps giving you non-verbal signals that he's upset with your performance. Basically, he wants you to show him that you have mental fortitude. It can be unnerving and comes off extremely rude but I'm sure it's all just business - trying to make sure they get the toughest sales people.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I give you the job even though you have no sales experience   Answer Question

Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

interviewed at Rogers Communications in June 2013.

Very friendly interviewer, described the department, some of the projects, and what the work environment is like. Asked a few knowledge based questions, nothing too difficult. Very relaxed experience.