Rogers Communications

Average Difficulty
135 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rogers Communications Inside Sales (Rogers Outrank) Interview

Rogers Communications Inside Sales (Rogers Outrank)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Rogers Communications in June 2013.

Interview Details – You apply online and there's an initial 10-15 minute phone interview. They call you out of the blue so be prepared to answer a few questions without much prep.

Then they call you in for an initial interview with an HR person - they're friendly enough and the questions are straight forward - why do you want to work here, why do you think you'd succeed in sales, tell me about a time you sold something, etc. There's also a portion where they make you do a role play. You have to follow the script exactly but you also have to make it your own.

Then they call you back for an interview with the VP of Sales. This is mainly a role play exercise again and a few questions as well. The catch is that he's purposefully rude to you and keeps giving you non-verbal signals that he's upset with your performance. Basically, he wants you to show him that you have mental fortitude. It can be unnerving and comes off extremely rude but I'm sure it's all just business - trying to make sure they get the toughest sales people.

Interview Question – Why should I give you the job even though you have no sales experience   Answer Question

Manager, Customer Launch and Business Readiness Interview

Manager, Customer Launch and Business Readiness
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Rogers Communications in May 2010.

Interview Details – 1st interview was over phone with HR manager for 1 hour reviewing the résumé discussing experience and specific initiatives, successes that would contribute to this role. HR manager was great in providing details about the vacant position and what the hiring manager would be seeking. Also discussed salary expectations and employee benefits.
Second interview was with hiring manager and was an hour focused 40% on work experience and 60% on behavioural. Final interview was with a peer manager of the vacant role for 30m to assess fit with team. Assignment was sent by manager to complete business case and send back within 3 days. Offer was made one week later. Total time was 3 weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly difficult, typical behavioural and the business case assignment took some time but not hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, was unable to increase salary, bonus or vacation.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Rogers Communications in March 2012.

Interview Details – Went through recruiting, VP Interview, got the job

Interview Question – What was the worst day you've ever had in sales?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 20k Comp plan, but great commisions.

Customer and Sales Consultant Interview

Customer and Sales Consultant
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Rogers Communications in May 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call to schedule a phone interview which was conducted the same day after 2 hours! They didnt ask much about my previous work experience. All the questions they asked were situational which also included a role playing scenario in which they will ask you to be the sales person.

Interview Question – What didnt you like about your last work place?   Answer Question

Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rogers Communications in September 2012.

Interview Details – Firstly you will get a phone call. They will ask you about challenges you have had or what is a good example of a job you have done. They will ask about past jobs and how they could relate to this one. They will tell you about the job itself and they will be super nice. This person is a recruiter. The interview you need to bring two pieces of picture ID. They won't hire you without it. They will do a criminal record check and financial check. Then you get a test to do where you do typing and listening. There is also some math questions. If you fail they let you do it again. Then you wait to get a call with an offer or they don't call you back.

Interview Question – What is one time you have failed and how did you learn from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You don't negotiate its a set rate.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Technical Support Representative
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rogers Communications in August 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview of short behavioral questions
In person. Short quiz on knowledge of networking tech
From hr they send you to a team manager to conduct scenario based questions. How would troubleshoot so and so and a few more behavioral qs

Interview Question – For this kind of role every question was generic and expected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Rogers Communications in February 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR -General discussion through my CV and background
First in person interview - almost 1 hour, very detailed on my CV, challenging discussion on some sort of business issues, general marketing questions like what would you do to launch a new product?
Assignment - done a business case regarding the marketing issue, deliver the result after 3 days,
VP interview - general discussion through my CV, I've been asked to explain an example of system issue I had in my previous job, and I could solve it
Another interview just to confirm that I would be the right person - Director level, more detail on what would I do if these sort of marketing initiatives happen by competitors

Interview Question – More challenging, specially the first face to face interview with hiring Director   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got an offer, request for more, reach to final agreement and accept the offer
Detail background check and reference check has been done by 3rd part

Interviewed at Rogers Communications

Interview Details – Online application. Contacted within a week for an interview which was pleasant. Job was for a night shift CSR. Seemed like a nice place to work but was nit interested in that. Ended up turning down the job because I couldn't work at night b

Area Manager Interview

Area Manager
London, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Rogers Communications in August 2009.

Interview Details – Behavioural Questions and casual conversation about past work experience showing how I could benefit the company

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair offer. 3 weeks vacation start

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview Details – must have good communication skills, must be driven and hardworking.

Interview Question – its more mental stress than physical.   Answer Question