Rogers Communications

www.rogers.com

Rogers Communications Technical Support Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Technical Support Consultant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rogers Communications in August 2009.

Interview Details – Online application, phone interview, followed by in person interview.

Application online was straight forward but does require an account to be created with the Rogers website. I waited about two weeks to get a response which was then turned into a basic phone interview assessing your ability to talk on the phone, answer basic questions, etc.

I was then scheduled for an in person interview at the York Mills location a few days later, I met with two team managers and had a basic interview, not many questions were asked, I was more told how things are done, explained procedures, etc.

After the interview I was asked for a background check, Rogers completed the check themselves and after it cleared I was made a job offer. There was no opportunity for negotiation, it was a "take it or leave it" offer.

Interview Question – How would you handle an irate customer who is demanding instant compensation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Technical Support Consultant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rogers Communications in June 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process is technical in nature, with focus on ability to resolve issues described by customers.
Attention to customer service is a key requirement.

Interview Question – Being such a customer oriented position, how do you diffuse an angry customer based on either: previously poor experience, unresolved repeat issues, immediate requests for management.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation in this position. You are hired for an advertised salary and future career advancement is based on performance and behavior.

Worked for Rogers Communications? Contribute to the Community!