Rogers Communications Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.9

National Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First phone interview with HR just as a screener, to tell more about the role and expectations. Second in-person interview with a Sales Manager and HR. Seemed informal, no set questions, just a chat about my background, the role, and how well I'd fit. No challenging questions. More of a personality screener.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online on July 24 and got a call for a telephone interview on August 5, then an in-person interview on August 7. There was a 3-part interview, first a session with the recruiter with whom I spoke on the phone, then with the manager responsible for the department and then with one of the lead performers in the department. I had an opportunity to see the working environment. It's a wide open space where each sales rep has a desk in a cluster.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself without mentioning anything on your resume. How would you respond if in the first 3 months, you did not get any sales? How has your previous experience prepared you for this role? Give an example of a time you had to respond to confrontation with a client. If you had to sell this pen, let's hear your pitch.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online through Rogers hiring site, if you pass their online screening you have to do an online assessment that simulates call centre tasks, like looking up people's profiles and there is also a personality questionnaire. Then after 2 weeks got an email for a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of asking about previous work experience, and questions relating to the job in the costumer service aspect. There weren't any technical questions asked.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell [some product] to a costumer?   Answer Question
    • Why Rogers and why this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Straight forward interview process. The Interviewers were very nice, and respectful of my time. They asked standard questions and let me narrate my experiences. They were looking for someone who was driven, success and goal oriented, and someone who wouldn't break under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you identify as a driven, goal oriented person.   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

First you get contacted by the HR recruiter and they interview basic general questions which last no more than 30mins, such as why Rogers? Decribe what customer service means to you and generic behavioural questions. If you succeed, you will get sent a email regarding someone will contact you in the store. Second interview is 1:1 with a store manager of where you have applied to and they basically asked the same questions as the phone interviewer and they ask you to sell a pen to them.

Vicinity Rewards - Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There was a phone interview with HR, a Skype interview with the manager, and then an in person interview at their Downtown Toronto office. Here, you get a tour of the facility, an Excel test, as well as more in-person interviewing. The interviewers are nice people and the whole process was quite comprehensive. They asked a variety of questions, including behavioural and logic-based.

Interview Questions

• How much time would it take to walk from here to the White House?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

online assessment of 1 hour followed with telephone interview after couple of days and then face to face interview. It is a long process. but not very difficult. Still waiting for response. Just be thorough with your resume. You must have some good examples of the situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was shown around the Rogers campus while we discussed the atmosphere of the place. It seems the expectations are high for a sales person but achievements are celebrated in this atmosphere.The place itself is nice , think a Google style office (likely to help employees relax so they can continue their day successfully) Another thing I want to preface this with was that the staff was very friendly (those on the floor as well as the interviewers) Anyway we sat down we had I would say 45 minute discussion (standard) with opportunities to explain and discuss different aspects. By the end of it I was given a verbal go ahead for the Job and have accepted the offer. The questions are designed to see if you can 1) think on your feet 2) communicate

Interview Questions

• How would I feel and what would I do if it was 2 months in and I had not sold anything?(paraphrased)   1 Answer
    • Can you deal with constant rejection? (paraphrased)   1 Answer
    • How did you overcome challenges in the past?   1 Answer

Rogers Enterprise Business Unit - Network Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I did NOT apply for this job. Rogers Enterprise Business Unit contacted me. It all started when a Sr. Recruitment Consultant with Rogers’ Talent Acquisition sent me a message through LinkedIn. It was something like this: “Are you looking for a perm role. I am recruiting for a Manager Solutions Development – Enterprise Network Security for Rogers. Kindly let me know if you will be interested”. The job title was “Senior Product Manager – Enterprise Network Security”. This job reports into the Rogers Enterprise Business Unit. I thought it was interesting and I discussed the job back and forth with the Rogers’ Recruitment Consultant. After I provided my resume and salary expectations, I was invited to an interview that took place at the Rogers’ campus on Dixie Rd, Brampton, ON L6T 0C1. This is the part of the description that interested me “You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must have a solid background in Domestic and International telecom sector, enjoy identifying trends, analyzing the competitive marketplace, understand customer problems, and find innovative solutions for the market.” Unfortunately, at the interview, it became obvious that the job description did not capture what the hiring manager actually needed. For example, the “Skills/Competencies” requirements were all wrong (it included at the top of the list “Professional Services (Assessments, Audits, Architecture)” but at the job interview, the hiring manager indicated that is a minimal part of the job, if at all). I assume this problem was caused by a lack of job analysis, resulting on an ill-defined job description. There was no need for a blend of “business and technical savvy”, or a background in “International telecom sector” (whatever they think that means), and even worse, an Information Security background was not exactly a priority, even when the position was supposed to exist in the Enterprise Network Security space. The focus of the questions was on network engineering and solutioning networking services. I think (and I am assuming here) what the Hiring Manager requires would be a person with many years of networking experience (no business experience, and minimal information Security experience if any, at all), such as a network engineer, or a security technologies engineer. Or perhaps, he would be better served by looking for a network engineer that is going through the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification program. In any case, neither requirement was clearly spelled in the job description. And no specific certifications (e.g., CISCO, Juniper, Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP), CISSP, etc) were captured in the job description at all, either. This would help immensely to attract candidates that have experience in those particular fields, or candidates that are working towards those certs, or that already have them. On an unrelated topic: parking is a huge problem at this location. I imagine it is an even worse problem for employees that cannot arrive first thing in the morning, so they cannot get a decent spot.

Interview Questions

• The focus of the questions was on network engineering and solutioning networking services.   Answer Question

Rogers Communications Response

Aug 20, 2015 – Employment Brand Specialist

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize that you had this experience while interviewing for a position with us. After reviewing your feedback, we will be looking into this ... More

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I received a brief phone interview exactly one week later. Then I was scheduled a face to face interview with one of the managers on site. The position I applied was at a kiosk in a mall, not a store. I cannot exactly recall the questions asked by the interviewer, however the theme of all the questions was customer service based. They really want to understand how your previous experience can be of help in this position. Make sure to think of a good answer on how to handle aggressive customers. For instance, if the customer was asking for further discounts, how would you handle the situation? This is a commission based position so if you have previous retails experience based on performance, you should be in a good position. Confidence will go a long way. Do a little bit of research on what ROGERS does, too.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an aggressive customer?   1 Answer