Rogers Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

3.3

Innovator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Corporation (Burlington, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the Innovator position at Rogers Innovation Center online and got a phone interview a few days later.I then when in for a interview the week after. I spoke with five people and the Interview took about four hours. I received a call within a week offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were pretty general and nothing too technical or tricky. But one question I remember was: In what percentage do you think you are smart vs wise? ( Is it 50/50 or...)   1 Answer

Negotiation

In my opinion, Rogers is pretty generous in salary so I didn't negotiate when I got the offer.

Casting Team Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Corporation (Woodstock, CT) in April 2014.

Interview

The First interview was with the head of human resources. The Second interview was with a production manager and a chemical engineer. After I did well on the first interview, I was called back a week later and asked to come in for a second interview. Questions were somewhat challenging to answer.

Interview Questions

• How important is safety to you?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rogers Corporation (Rogers, CT).

Interview

I was initially contacted via email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with an operations manager and was pretty laid back. Be sure to know your resume and emphasize any team projects that you've worked on. I am currently still waiting to hear back from the company about an offer.

EHS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, one hour and talked about experience. They called after two weeks and had a face-to-face interview with hiring manager and panel interview . The interview with hiring manager had general questions and not specific enough to separate me from other candidates. Panel interviewers were long time employees, according to them. This was a strictly behavioral interview. The one interviewer, an employee of 23 years, never looked up and disagreed with most of my responses. He was unpleasant and acted like I was wasting his time being there and told my twice how busy he is. The other interviewer was more interested in what I've been doing since grade school and who my role models are. Nothing to do with job. When I would respond back, he would look at the other interviewer and laugh hysterically. Did not know what was funny in my responses. On the way out, the one interviewer laughed on how much they overcharged the government for their services. Is this funny in hard times? The HR rep never said anything upon exiting but did rip the visitor badge off my suit jacket. Never heard from them even after emailing, thanking them for the interview and requesting my status. This is a company you DO NOT want to be association with.

Interview Questions

• Who is or was the most important role model in your life? And why is that?   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rogers Corporation (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Apply to the website directly with your most up to date resume and a cover letter explaining why you believe you are the right fit for the position and company. HR representative will call you and let you know that you are invited for 1st interview with the Manager. E-mail is sent with confirmation of interview details. Meet with Manager for face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were stuck on an island what three things would you have with you?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Why do you believe you belong at Rogers?   Answer Question
    • In the past, how have you dealt with a difficult situation or person?   Answer Question
    • If you are on a project and the priorities change to another project, what do you do?   Answer Question

Process Engineering Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Corporation in October 2011.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice. Questions were pretty normal, mostly about my resume and if i had transportation/living arrangements. There were very few behavior questions. I did not receive an offer only because the position I was applying for was removed. I have another interview with the same person this semester for the same position at a different location.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rogers Corporation in July 2010.

Interview

All behavioral questions, nothing personal