Roland Berger

Updated Feb 27, 2015
Updated Feb 27, 2015

3.2

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Roland Berger.

not hard,several little case questions, the employer asked me about my former internship experience in other consulting companies, and was quite interested in why would I want the summer internship position instead of other companies.

Interview Questions
  • estimate how many customers there are in Starbucks in a Monday morning   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Roland Berger

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Roland Berger.

Went through 5 rounds of interviews, 3 with senior consultants and 2 with partners, all through Skype as I was completing my studies abroad. Roland Berger SEA operates as a single firm with separate offices throughout SEA, so 2 interviews were performed by consultants based in Singapore. All interviewers were very bright and switched-on, gave me a good impression of what the expected level of performance is at Roland Berger.

Senior consultant interviews were based heavily on technical skills and touched a little bit on people skills. Make sure you're well prepped quantitatively and qualitatively for anything they may throw at you. Partners were more interested in getting to know me as a person. So these interviews were a lot more conversational and non-technical, but do prepare for a case for these interviews as well just for precaution.

Interview Questions
    • How would you estimate the GDP of Malaysia in under 5 minutes?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kiev (Ukraine)
    Anonymous Employee in Kiev (Ukraine)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Roland Berger in July 2014.

After the application submission I was invited to take a test in the office. The test was pretty long with no calculators allowed. It involved basic math questions (substraction, multiplication etc.), which explains why you were not allowed to use calculators, inductive reasoning questions (you're required to say which shape will be the next), some economics realted exrecises and so on.
    The next step was two interviews with company staff. In each interview there were 2 people in front of you. Interviews included bahvioral and case questions. In particular, I was aksed to do break-even analysis and estimate the market size. I could use calculators at this stage. There were also quite a lot of brain-teasers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me an area you are trying to improve yourself in   Answer Question
    • Why do you prefer Roland Berger to other consulting firms?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Roland Berger in May 2014.

The interview process was fairly standard, there were some tests sat in the office followed by two first round interviews, followed by two second round interviews. All interview too the same format - a discussion of my cv followed by a case study and then an oppertunity to ask questions. All of the questions were fairly standard and the case studies were managable.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the revenue of your local tesco (not that difficult or unexpected)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Roland Berger in March 2014.

I met them at a career event at university and had a recruitment dinner with them. Then applied for an internship and got an interview after a month. The interview took 4 hours in total and involved some numerical and reasoning tests, interviews and a case study.

Interview Questions
    • Business case:
      I am the CEO of a Dutch supermarket chain. In France I saw a lot of supermarkets with gas stations on the parking lot. I want to do the same thing in the Netherlands, is that a smart move?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

3 interviews (1 personal, 2 case studies)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Roland Berger in May 2013.

Contact is easiest through personal friends and getting in contact with an HR. It is possible to intern here simply by knowing someone but more benefits happen if you first know the HR.

Interview Questions
    • What specifically do you expect to contribute and learn?   Answer Question
    There was a quick negotiation with a direct mention that there would be no stipend.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Roland Berger in March 2013.

1st round was at their offices in London. Had to do a numerical test and then two case interviews. Both of the interviews had competency questions trying to find motivation for applying at the beginning

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Roland Berger in September 2011.

The interview was supposed to consist of three 1:1 rounds with senior consultants. However, one of the designated interviewers could not make it in time, so the process was slashed to two interviews. The cases were quite easy, and standard - declining profits and market entry. Fit questions were a little tricky, sort of, what would you expect to go badly with your internship, what value will you bring to senior staff and clients with no prior industry experience, and so on. Overall, I would say the interview was quite easy, but it left me with mixed feelings regarding my prospects of joining the firm, and the firm itself.

Interview Questions
    • What would you expect to be the most difficult part about the internship?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Roland Berger in April 2011.

The interview was overall a good experience. In my first round, I met 2 consultants which were really nice and asked me one valuation case and one enter a new market case. In my second round, I had to give a presentation. The questions they asked were pretty tough. I would definitely recommend everyone interested in management consulting to interview with this company.