Roland Berger

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Roland Berger

Interview Details – 3 interviews (1 personal, 2 case studies)

Interview Question – What is the most innovative thing you have invented?   Answer Question

Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Roland Berger in May 2013.

Interview Details – Contact is easiest through personal friends and getting in contact with an HR. It is possible to intern here simply by knowing someone but more benefits happen if you first know the HR.

Interview Question – What specifically do you expect to contribute and learn?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was a quick negotiation with a direct mention that there would be no stipend.

Munich (Germany)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Roland Berger in May 2011.

Interview Details – Talent Pool: I attended a campus event and was afterwards contacted by an alumni from my university who encouraged me to apply for an internship. They then put me into the talent pool (fast track).

Application process: When I decided to apply I only sent my application material (cover letter, CV etc.) to the HR referring to talent pool and my RB contact.
I was then invited for an interview.

Interview process: I had three interviews with three consultants that interviewed all people present on that interview day. It was only 4-5 people.
The first interview was essentially a CV and personality based interview whereas the latter two were case studies. It went OK, but I did not expect to get an offer. However, I was surprised to receive the offer. I then had the opportunity to immediately choose which competence centre to join.

Interview Question – Estimate the German market size for cars   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Roland Berger in March 2013.

Interview Details – 1st round was at their offices in London. Had to do a numerical test and then two case interviews. Both of the interviews had competency questions trying to find motivation for applying at the beginning

Interview Question – Estimate the amount of sugar sold each year   Answer Question

Warsaw (Poland)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Roland Berger in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was supposed to consist of three 1:1 rounds with senior consultants. However, one of the designated interviewers could not make it in time, so the process was slashed to two interviews. The cases were quite easy, and standard - declining profits and market entry. Fit questions were a little tricky, sort of, what would you expect to go badly with your internship, what value will you bring to senior staff and clients with no prior industry experience, and so on. Overall, I would say the interview was quite easy, but it left me with mixed feelings regarding my prospects of joining the firm, and the firm itself.

Interview Question – What would you expect to be the most difficult part about the internship?   View Answer

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Roland Berger in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was overall a good experience. In my first round, I met 2 consultants which were really nice and asked me one valuation case and one enter a new market case. In my second round, I had to give a presentation. The questions they asked were pretty tough. I would definitely recommend everyone interested in management consulting to interview with this company.

Interview Question – How would you value facebook?   Answer Question

Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Roland Berger in April 2011.

Interview Details – How many ice-creams sold in Shanghai per year

Interview Question – how many ice-creams sold in shanghai per year   Answer Question

Moscow (Russia)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Roland Berger in August 2008.

Interview Details – stress interview (very aggresive and pushy), several basic economic tasks, no special knoweldge was required

Interview Question – basic math/economic tasks (like estimate profitability of a firm)   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Roland Berger

Worked for Roland Berger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Roland Berger Intern interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Roland Berger employees and interview candidates.