Roland Berger Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

3.4

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Roland Berger.

not hard,several little case questions, the employer asked me about my former internship experience in other consulting companies, and was quite interested in why would I want the summer internship position instead of other companies.

Interview Questions
    • estimate how many customers there are in Starbucks in a Monday morning   Answer Question

Consultant II Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Roland Berger in October 2014.

I had one on-campus interview, which was a standard case study with no particular emphasis on fit questions. I was passed to second round at the office of my preference: here I had one fit interview, then a "business knowledge" interview and finally a written case. The fit interview was quite standard, the business knowledge was an engaging discussion about the "state of the art" of the specific industry which will be your focus once hired. The written case involved going through some slides and prepare a presentation about a problem for a client. It is important to prioritize the analysis in that case. Overall, it was not a hard interview, but the interviewers were a bit unprofessional - speaking in German to each other while I was a non-German speaker interviewing at an office in North America.

Summer Consultant Intern Interview

University internship abroad program

Interview Questions
    • The pricing of a newly invented light bulb that will cost no energy.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Roland Berger in October 2012.

Applied through campus recruiting, interview process went smoothly. 1 45 min case and behavioral. The interviewer was friendly and engaged the entire time. Helps move you along if you get stuck on the case. I received a phone call after the weekend with some feedback on how I did, which is very helpful. Unfortunately, it came down to a fit situation, and I did not move on in the process.

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Roland Berger in August 2010.

I got almost no fit questions, we went directly to the case studies. The case was invented on the spot but required a certain solution that I could not get.

Interview Questions
    • Find a way to improve the sales of a certain product.   View Answer

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Roland Berger in November 2009.

Applied online through company website. Referred to Detroit office. First round interview with partner consisted of standard behavioral, followed by a business case.

Did not reach the second round.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Roland Berger in October 2009.

Never though I connected with the interviewers.

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Roland Berger.

Two interviews of one hour each. The first one was with one Junior Consultant and the second one was with a Senior Consultant. The interview included several personal question about yourself (30 min) followed by a case (30 min).

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Roland Berger.

1 test at the Roland Berger office and 4 to 5 interviews with Senior Consultants, Project Managers and Partners. Normally one will get a response quickly and feedback if needed. Each interview can take 30 to 45 minutes. Interview cases do not look for a right or wrong answer, but understand how the candidate solves a challenging problem.

Intern Interview

Really nice company. Interviewers really interesting and pleasant. 2 interviews and a GMAT style test. Test is straightforward - maths simple but time is tight - easier than MBB. Usual competency questions - not a huge amount of them. Most of the time spent on market sizing question and short case in second interview. Obviously structure is key so main focus would be making sure you can structure a market sizing appropriately.