Roland Berger

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Consultant Intern Interview

Summer Consultant Intern

Interview Details – University internship abroad program

Interview Question – The pricing of a newly invented light bulb that will cost no energy.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Roland Berger in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting, interview process went smoothly. 1 45 min case and behavioral. The interviewer was friendly and engaged the entire time. Helps move you along if you get stuck on the case. I received a phone call after the weekend with some feedback on how I did, which is very helpful. Unfortunately, it came down to a fit situation, and I did not move on in the process.

Interview Question – Run through your resume
Teamwork experiences
  Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Roland Berger in October 2009.

Interview Details – Never though I connected with the interviewers.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Roland Berger in August 2010.

Interview Details – I got almost no fit questions, we went directly to the case studies. The case was invented on the spot but required a certain solution that I could not get.

Interview Question – Find a way to improve the sales of a certain product.   View Answer

Management Consultant Interview

Management Consultant
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Roland Berger in November 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online through company website. Referred to Detroit office. First round interview with partner consisted of standard behavioral, followed by a business case.

Did not reach the second round.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral. Based on work experience.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Roland Berger.

Interview Details – Hard in house test, and important to have a good cover letter. Found interviewers very friendly and helpful but the case study questions were harder than many I have encountered.

Interview Question – Calculate CAGR   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Roland Berger in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interviews were scheduled efficiently and smoothly. The interviewers for the first round (consultants/project manager) were very friendly. The partner interviews were very different, however. The cases themselves were easy, but they were discouraging and allowed no room for creativity. Post-interview experience was negative, as HR and interviewers do not bother replying to emails or providing feedback at all.

Interview Question – Had to accept a wrong fact from the interviewer   Answer Question

Summer Consultant Interview

Summer Consultant

Interviewed at Roland Berger

Interview Details – University program with Roland Berger HK. Three rounds of interviews in total.

Interview Question – We developed this new light bulb that never goes out. How would you price it?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Roland Berger

Interview Details – Applied in mid Jan 2014, got an interview offer 1 month later. Started with interviewer explaining about RB, moved on to interviewer briefing about his own employment history and explained mine. Brainteaser and case study.

Interview Question – How can you contribute towards RB   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

Interviewed at Roland Berger

Interview Details – Overall, very professional hiring process with quick feedback

Interview Question – What are the 30 German DAX companies?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The culture did not appeal to me

Worked for Roland Berger? Contribute to the Community!