Roland Berger Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014

3.3

Summer Consultant Intern Interview

University internship abroad program

Interview Questions
    • The pricing of a newly invented light bulb that will cost no energy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Roland Berger in October 2012.

Applied through campus recruiting, interview process went smoothly. 1 45 min case and behavioral. The interviewer was friendly and engaged the entire time. Helps move you along if you get stuck on the case. I received a phone call after the weekend with some feedback on how I did, which is very helpful. Unfortunately, it came down to a fit situation, and I did not move on in the process.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Roland Berger in October 2009.

Never though I connected with the interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Roland Berger in August 2010.

I got almost no fit questions, we went directly to the case studies. The case was invented on the spot but required a certain solution that I could not get.

Interview Questions
    • Find a way to improve the sales of a certain product.   View Answer

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Roland Berger in November 2009.

Applied online through company website. Referred to Detroit office. First round interview with partner consisted of standard behavioral, followed by a business case.

Did not reach the second round.

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Roland Berger in July 2014.

I had 2 rounds of interview. Both were with Senior Consultants. The interviewers were friendly overall and tried to guide me along when there were difficulties.

First Interview included some fit/experience questions as well as why consulting and why Roland Berger. The Case Interview began with some brain teasers and a market sizing question. Case was an entering the new market case. Challenging as geographical setting of the case was in a region I was extremely unfamiliar with.

Second interview pretty much followed the format of the first. Case was also entering market with focus on market segmentation and market size estimate.

The case scenarios appeared to be "invented" on the go, with the interviewers trying to put you in a difficult spot and out of comfort zone as much as possible, adding to the challenge.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question centre on making estimations and assumptions on the region/industry which I have little prior knowledge about.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Roland Berger.

Hard in house test, and important to have a good cover letter. Found interviewers very friendly and helpful but the case study questions were harder than many I have encountered.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Roland Berger in April 2014.

The interviews were scheduled efficiently and smoothly. The interviewers for the first round (consultants/project manager) were very friendly. The partner interviews were very different, however. The cases themselves were easy, but they were discouraging and allowed no room for creativity. Post-interview experience was negative, as HR and interviewers do not bother replying to emails or providing feedback at all.

Summer Consultant Interview

University program with Roland Berger HK. Three rounds of interviews in total.

Interview Questions
    • We developed this new light bulb that never goes out. How would you price it?   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Applied in mid Jan 2014, got an interview offer 1 month later. Started with interviewer explaining about RB, moved on to interviewer briefing about his own employment history and explained mine. Brainteaser and case study.

Interview Questions

Worked for Roland Berger? Contribute to the Community!