Roland Berger Junior Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

3.8

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Roland Berger in October 2012.

Applied through campus recruiting, interview process went smoothly. 1 45 min case and behavioral. The interviewer was friendly and engaged the entire time. Helps move you along if you get stuck on the case. I received a phone call after the weekend with some feedback on how I did, which is very helpful. Unfortunately, it came down to a fit situation, and I did not move on in the process.

Other Interview Reviews for Roland Berger

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Roland Berger in August 2010.

I got almost no fit questions, we went directly to the case studies. The case was invented on the spot but required a certain solution that I could not get.

Interview Questions
    • Find a way to improve the sales of a certain product.   View Answer

Junior Consultant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Roland Berger.

Hard in house test, and important to have a good cover letter. Found interviewers very friendly and helpful but the case study questions were harder than many I have encountered.

Junior Consultant Interview

Applied in mid Jan 2014, got an interview offer 1 month later. Started with interviewer explaining about RB, moved on to interviewer briefing about his own employment history and explained mine. Brainteaser and case study.

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Prague (Czech Republic)
    Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Roland Berger in October 2013.

Very good communication. First interview with HR Specialist, who was very friendly but maintained her professional level. Topics: picking 5 achievements from resume, talking about the company.

Second interview with consultant, case study about insurance company entering CEE market. As for the first case interview in my case, it went well, we reached the conclusion, couple of mistakes.

Interview Questions
    • Switching to German (if you don't speak it well, don't put it into resume)   View Answer

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Roland Berger in November 2013.

Sent in an online application. Heard back 6 weeks later and HR scheduled for initial interview fit + case with consultant. Interviewer (consultant) has simillar background and interest to me. Case was on investigating declining profitaility for retail chain and recomending strategy to bring it back to black.

Heard back from HR on the day itself, and progressed to a 2nd round with a manager. Again, he had a simillar background to mine. I listed that I know a foreign language on my resume so part of the fit intervew was done in that language. Simillar format to the first, market sizing and marketing case on Auto industry.

Third round was with a principal, simillar format. Case was on Market entry for a financial services agency.

Fourth round was with the country managing partner himself. The interview only lasted 30 mins as he has an urgent meeting to run to. Fit interviews were different, a lot of questions about friends, family, where I grew up, school I went to etc.. Case was on an urban development strategy.

Fifth and final round was a face to face fit interview with the regional managing partner. More of a formality, 2 way conversation. I found him very friendly and approachable. Received an offer 2 days later, and accepted it.

Roland Berger looks for people with ambitions, stuff that makes them stands out. They look for passion and a drive for entreprenurship. As with general consulting, dont BS in interviews, lay out all assumptions and think out loud.

Interview Questions
    Having the offer gives you more flexibility to ask more questions like salaries, bonuses, career progression, travel and international opportunities

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Roland Berger in December 2012.

First round: numerical and reasoning test, GMAT-like, 30 minutes long. Then two 1-hour one-to-one interviews with classic questions + a classic business case, no brainteasers.
    Second round: two 1 hour one-to-one interviews with senior levels, much tougher.

Interview Questions
    • The Partner is aggressive and insulting as soon as you don't get something right at the first attempt. You can't actually try to explain yourself, you can only complete his sentences with few words or he'll stop you and "threaten" you   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

online application, written test, first round interview (group and case), second round interview and final round interview

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Paris (France)
    Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Roland Berger in September 2012.

3 rounds of 2 interviews (1h per interview)
    with senior consultants, project managers, partners

Junior Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Roland Berger in January 2013.

Two telephonic interviews during first round. First interviewer was quite precise in his 'fit' questions. Second interviewer asked more or less general questions about why consulting, RB etc.
    Cases were okay too.
    First was about a market entry of a rental-car company in the rental-car market of UAE. So find the market size (in terms of cars)
    Second was about a water bottle shop and it s P&L Statement. Quite easy infact. (or so l thought!)

Interview Questions
    • What were your challenges in your previous internship. (difficult to say negative things or your weak points!)   Answer Question

Worked for Roland Berger? Contribute to the Community!