Roland Berger Junior Consultant Interview Questions

3.8

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Roland Berger in October 2012.

Applied through campus recruiting, interview process went smoothly. 1 45 min case and behavioral. The interviewer was friendly and engaged the entire time. Helps move you along if you get stuck on the case. I received a phone call after the weekend with some feedback on how I did, which is very helpful. Unfortunately, it came down to a fit situation, and I did not move on in the process.

Other Interview Reviews for Roland Berger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Roland Berger in August 2010.

I got almost no fit questions, we went directly to the case studies. The case was invented on the spot but required a certain solution that I could not get.

Interview Questions
    • Find a way to improve the sales of a certain product.   View Answer

Junior Consultant Interview

Interview process consists of 4 interviews with current Consultants / Project Managers and 1 interview with a Partner. In my case the process took around 2/3 weeks. It was a positive experience where everyone involved was very helpful and pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you are the manager of a supermarket and the computer system goes down in the middle of a saturday morning?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Roland Berger in July 2014.

I had 2 rounds of interview. Both were with Senior Consultants. The interviewers were friendly overall and tried to guide me along when there were difficulties.

First Interview included some fit/experience questions as well as why consulting and why Roland Berger. The Case Interview began with some brain teasers and a market sizing question. Case was an entering the new market case. Challenging as geographical setting of the case was in a region I was extremely unfamiliar with.

Second interview pretty much followed the format of the first. Case was also entering market with focus on market segmentation and market size estimate.

The case scenarios appeared to be "invented" on the go, with the interviewers trying to put you in a difficult spot and out of comfort zone as much as possible, adding to the challenge.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question centre on making estimations and assumptions on the region/industry which I have little prior knowledge about.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Roland Berger.

Hard in house test, and important to have a good cover letter. Found interviewers very friendly and helpful but the case study questions were harder than many I have encountered.

Junior Consultant Interview

Applied in mid Jan 2014, got an interview offer 1 month later. Started with interviewer explaining about RB, moved on to interviewer briefing about his own employment history and explained mine. Brainteaser and case study.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Roland Berger in November 2013.

Sent in an online application. Heard back 6 weeks later and HR scheduled for initial interview fit + case with consultant. Interviewer (consultant) has simillar background and interest to me. Case was on investigating declining profitaility for retail chain and recomending strategy to bring it back to black.

Heard back from HR on the day itself, and progressed to a 2nd round with a manager. Again, he had a simillar background to mine. I listed that I know a foreign language on my resume so part of the fit intervew was done in that language. Simillar format to the first, market sizing and marketing case on Auto industry.

Third round was with a principal, simillar format. Case was on Market entry for a financial services agency.

Fourth round was with the country managing partner himself. The interview only lasted 30 mins as he has an urgent meeting to run to. Fit interviews were different, a lot of questions about friends, family, where I grew up, school I went to etc.. Case was on an urban development strategy.

Fifth and final round was a face to face fit interview with the regional managing partner. More of a formality, 2 way conversation. I found him very friendly and approachable. Received an offer 2 days later, and accepted it.

Roland Berger looks for people with ambitions, stuff that makes them stands out. They look for passion and a drive for entreprenurship. As with general consulting, dont BS in interviews, lay out all assumptions and think out loud.

Interview Questions
    Having the offer gives you more flexibility to ask more questions like salaries, bonuses, career progression, travel and international opportunities

Junior Consultant Interview

online application, written test, first round interview (group and case), second round interview and final round interview

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Roland Berger in October 2013.

Very good communication. First interview with HR Specialist, who was very friendly but maintained her professional level. Topics: picking 5 achievements from resume, talking about the company.

Second interview with consultant, case study about insurance company entering CEE market. As for the first case interview in my case, it went well, we reached the conclusion, couple of mistakes.

Interview Questions
    • Switching to German (if you don't speak it well, don't put it into resume)   View Answer

Junior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Roland Berger in January 2013.

Two telephonic interviews during first round. First interviewer was quite precise in his 'fit' questions. Second interviewer asked more or less general questions about why consulting, RB etc.
    Cases were okay too.
    First was about a market entry of a rental-car company in the rental-car market of UAE. So find the market size (in terms of cars)
    Second was about a water bottle shop and it s P&L Statement. Quite easy infact. (or so l thought!)

Interview Questions
    • What were your challenges in your previous internship. (difficult to say negative things or your weak points!)   Answer Question