Roland Berger Junior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

3.8

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Roland Berger (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, interview process went smoothly. 1 45 min case and behavioral. The interviewer was friendly and engaged the entire time. Helps move you along if you get stuck on the case. I received a phone call after the weekend with some feedback on how I did, which is very helpful. Unfortunately, it came down to a fit situation, and I did not move on in the process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Roland Berger

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Roland Berger (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

I got almost no fit questions, we went directly to the case studies. The case was invented on the spot but required a certain solution that I could not get.

Interview Questions

• Find a way to improve the sales of a certain product.   1 Answer

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Roland Berger (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in June 2015.

Interview

Am Vormittag: Interaktive Firmenpräsentation (alle Bewerber anwesend), Persönlichkeitsinterview (Einzelgespräch), Fachinterview mit Case (Einzelgespräch), 90 min Analytiktest (Verbal, Mathematik, Logik) Danach gemeinsames Mittagessen mit allen Bewerbern. Bei erfolgreichen Gesprächen und Testergebnissen am Vormittag wird mit den verbleibenden Bewerbern eine Gruppenfallstudie bearbeitet (ca. 60 min), die anschließend vor mehreren Beratern präsentiert wird (ca. 45 min). Am Ende des Tages ausführliches Feedback mit Information zum weiteren Prozess. Bei erfolgreichem Durchlaufen des Tages folgt ein Partnergespräch an einem weiteren Termin.

Interview Questions

• Welche drei negativen Punkte würden ehemalige Teamkollegen über Sie berichten?   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Roland Berger (Prague (Czech Republic)).

Interview

I applied as a fresh graduate, got invited for a personality interview. The interview lasted over one hour and consisted of competency and personality questions. After passing I had a case interview with a senior consultant for about 2 hours. Consisted of 3 cases - one classic case study, one estimation question, and one brainteaser.

Junior Consultant Interview

Interview

Interview process consists of 4 interviews with current Consultants / Project Managers and 1 interview with a Partner. In my case the process took around 2/3 weeks. It was a positive experience where everyone involved was very helpful and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you are the manager of a supermarket and the computer system goes down in the middle of a saturday morning?   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Roland Berger (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from HR approximately 8 weeks after for an interview. There were a total of 5 rounds of interviews, all but the last consisted of a case. Every round consisted of a few fit questions where the interviewers seem to be ascertaining if you've the passion and entrepreneurial traits that embodies an RB consultant. The first case was on recommending an urban development strategy. Second case was on market sizing for the toys' industry and the third case was on market entry for an infant formula client. The fourth round was more unconventional. I was asked to analyse a couple of charts and also discuss current affairs. There was also a greater focus on fit in this round. The last round was with the regional managing partner. This was more of a chat which I felt to be a formality. Received an offer later in the day and accepted it.

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Roland Berger (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2014.

Interview

I had 2 rounds of interview. Both were with Senior Consultants. The interviewers were friendly overall and tried to guide me along when there were difficulties. First Interview included some fit/experience questions as well as why consulting and why Roland Berger. The Case Interview began with some brain teasers and a market sizing question. Case was an entering the new market case. Challenging as geographical setting of the case was in a region I was extremely unfamiliar with. Second interview pretty much followed the format of the first. Case was also entering market with focus on market segmentation and market size estimate. The case scenarios appeared to be "invented" on the go, with the interviewers trying to put you in a difficult spot and out of comfort zone as much as possible, adding to the challenge.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question centre on making estimations and assumptions on the region/industry which I have little prior knowledge about.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Roland Berger.

Interview

Hard in house test, and important to have a good cover letter. Found interviewers very friendly and helpful but the case study questions were harder than many I have encountered.

Junior Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied in mid Jan 2014, got an interview offer 1 month later. Started with interviewer explaining about RB, moved on to interviewer briefing about his own employment history and explained mine. Brainteaser and case study.

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna (Austria)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Roland Berger (Vienna (Austria)) in February 2014.

Interview

Quite unorthodox, 7 rounds spanned over 8 months. Among those, preliminary round and problem solving test, two fit interviews, two case interviews, one interview in German and a last round, i.e., "recruiting day" with 3 interviews and a final presentation, all in German. Recruiting day consists of 1 fit interview with HR manager, 2 case interviews with consultants and final presentation with managing partner, director and a couple of seniors. They've flown me to Vienna to do it.

Interview Questions

• Quite a few, but these are the ones that I remember best: 1. Estimate yearly sales of a chocolate factory, sort production process in COGS and explain (one of the two first round cases) 2. Structure P&L statement of a newly founded telecommunications company 3. Merge two regional printing companies, recalculate their production levels and assume their needs, restructure the business based on your calculations, produce a 4 slide power point and present your results (It was not a typical guided case, I had to do it in 45 minutes on my own)   Answer Question