Roll Global Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2014
Updated Aug 25, 2014

3.2

Digital Copywriter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Roll Global.

First, all applicants for any type of position with Roll Global must complete an online application at the company website. From there, an HR manager contacted me, and asked me a couple of initial interview questions (nothing too crazy). Next, I was brought in for an interview with a current copywriter and an art director, who went over details about the position, reviewed my portfolio, and asked general interview questions about why I wanted the position, etc.

Everyone I came in contact with throughout the entire process was very friendly and helpful.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Roll Global in December 2013.

I saw the opening online, submitted by resume and was contacted by HR that week. I had a phone interview then an in-person interview with HR and my two would-be bosses (separately).

Interview Questions
    The offer was take it or leave it.

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Roll Global.

Was recommended by a friend and interviewed a the very beginning stages of POM building an in-house legal department.

Interview Questions
    The salary was take it or leave it, but it did increase slightly after performance review at the end of the year each year.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Roll Global.

The hiring process was long, I had a phone interview With HR, and department director, then a panel interview, followed up by another field interview

Interview Questions
    • The interview panel has a binder of questions that they can ask from, I was asked a number of questions most of which were standard questions. However, I can tell you that the company is diverse and can quickly change directions. So be prepared for questions that deal with the ability change.   Answer Question
    They do their homework on market values so not much to negotiate. Besides, I liked the offer

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Roll Global.

Phone interview, then brought in a week later for in person interview. Very easy/basic questions. Didn't have very specific questions.

PR Intern Interview

I first met up with the HR manager. She asked me to go over my resume and then asked some questions. I was then told that I would be meeting up with some other team members. One lady came and the same process happened. Two other PR members were supposed to interview me but was held up at meeting. Two other ladies became substitute but didn't really seem to know what to ask.

Interview Questions
    • Asked pretty basic stuff. For example, what do you usually read?   Answer Question

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

The process took 12 months - interviewed at Roll Global in March 2011.

I was asked to come in and interview for a marketing/PR advertised position for Paramount Farms, specifically the Wonderful Pistachios team. After making me wait 20 minutes, the HR woman finally showed up (I was on time.) She led me to a boardroom with a huge window facing a brick wall and adjacent rooftop. After a few general questions and glancing at my resume before tossing it aside, she left to go find the marketing manager for that team, the person who would be supervising this new hire.
    Another woman walked in and seemed unprepared and like she didn't care at all. No eye contact and no personality. There was no detailed job description printed out and she honestly said to me, "I don't know how I ended up in PR. I'm a nutritionist." She said they had many applicants, but they weren't looking to hire until the next quarter. I had many questions about this position I was extremely interested in and when asked asking about specific duties, she said I would be "more of an assistant. Ya know, answering phones and preparing goodie bags for events." My college and professional experience were never questioned.
    She got up to leave and I sat there. Forever. Waiting for the HR woman or anyone to come back. No one did. I walked out after 20 more minutes and found my own way downstairs. What a waste of time and energy. They never contacted me to say anything. I never heard a "yes," "no" "get lost" nothing. I wrote them off and decided I would never want to work there anyway since they obviously have no respect for people's time or talent. They just don't care.

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Roll Global in February 2010.

Two of the top regional marketing execs interviewed me. They greeted me and commented on how young all of the applicants were. They were very condescending. They ignored my college degree and asked several questions about my high school experience. I was very disappointed in the overall nature of the interview but Ive noticed that many employees at Roll seem very happy.

Director, Network Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Roll Global in December 2009.

I met with my direct manager to ensure that my goals and his departmental needs were a fit. I then meet with a couple peers and direct report that I would have. Followed by a meeting with my bosses boss. The interview was a combination of technical ability, past experiences, roll playing, and cultural fit. Overall, they put me through the paces.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle suddenly changing business goals and/or priorities.   View Answer

Marketing/Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Roll Global in January 2010.

Not very impressed, felt as if the interview process was very unprofessional and disorgranized. Interviewed for a Marketing position where the job description said one thing and then went in and the interviewing manager said another. Also qualifications they had listed were not exact to what the hiring manager really wanted.

People were nice but didn't get a good vibe. Hiring manager said that if this is a place where you are looking to stay long term and bulid a career than it is best to look somewhere else.

Worked for Roll Global? Contribute to the Community!