Rollins Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Rollins.

Interview

The interview was straight forward asking basic questions about your education and experience. There were no trick questions or technical questions. Be prepared to talk about your experiences in school and past jobs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight forward since it was internship.

I T SUPPORT Interview

Interview

PAINFUL - just save yourself the trouble and move on. I wouldnt even bother with it.
    Your pay will barely be minimum wage when you consider working the very long hours because of the drive time, the fact that you have to call and schedule each appointment yourself, all the paperwork that has to be filled out when you get home and then the after hours meetings. It is understandable when a company is concerned with profits and making

Commercial Account Manager Pesticides Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rollins (Portland, ME) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by phone. Then gave me a hypothetical company and product and asked me to make a hypothetical sales presentation to two sales managers from Rollins. I was interviewed by the locaL BRANCH MANAGER, THE REGIONAL SALES MANAGER AND THE SALES TRAINER.

Interview Questions

• Sent me out with a certified pest control tech before hiring me and then asked if I liked the industry   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rollins (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I came through a temp service, so I had a chance to prove myself before the official job offer, but I went through a brief interview process before I started the temp work. The manager was very friendly, personable, and I remember laughing a few times during the process. He asked about former jobs, why I'd relocated, how long I was looking to work (the original assignment was 6 weeks - a maternity leave). Once I was offered the full time job, it was simply a matter of negotiating salary. I got it up a couple thousand from the initial offer.

Interview Questions

• "How long are you planning to work." Because it was a temp assignment (or so I thought).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Because the manager and I were already in a cordial working relationship, the original offer was well above the minimum. I asked for $5K more on principal and ended up with half that. A typical process.

Telecom Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buckhead, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rollins (Buckhead, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

Feed back received indicated the desire for skills that were clearly on my resume and was clearly discussed during interview. Statesments from manager was contradictary on why he was not satisfied. Interview scheduled around lunch time (first mistake), interviewed with manager (went into great detail about what he didn't know about the company and benefits, because he was retired military and didn't really care/need) and a couple of team members that were "snagged" on thier way to luch. Was told I would meet with VP - that didn'thappen. Beleive that manager was threated by higher skill base than he had. Sent recruiter back to look for same skills. Month later and position still not filled. Job requirements were not unusual. Manager not secure ni his position. Didn't even escort me to door when leaving - had team member do it with much discussion on which way to take me out of the building ( take her out the back? Take her out the front? I suggested the front since I would have to sign out at the reception desk where I had signed in).

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rollins (Atlanta, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

Interview consisted if 1:1 interview with hiring manager.

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Rollins (Atlanta, GA) in April 2010.

Interview

Extremely long and drawn out process. The entire process consisted of 2 phone interviews and 3 face to face interviews with people that had no hiring authority for the position I was supposedly being interviewed for.Each contact with hem was spread out at a month a time iving the impression of being strung along.The whole process was I was told your the right fit for our world and would be a great addition to the team we just need to get sign off to bring you on board. Then out of the blue I recieved an email notifying me that I was not a god fit at this time. ?????? What...How in one day do you go from being a great fit to not a great fit.

The entire process was very poorly handled and unprofessional from a supposedly well run company. After investigating I determined that others had been given the same run around. I would steer clear of any potential opportunity with them unless you want to practice your interviewing skills for other real opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Typical " Tell me about a time " questions and very little substance about actual skill set.   Answer Question

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rollins (Winston-Salem, NC) in August 2009.

Interview

Very quick initial interview with Sales Manager whom I would describe as a high D and a little nervous. Sales Manager quickly validated my resume and credentials and then explained that although I was seeking an outside sales position Rollins promotes from within and I would have to start with an inside sales position. We then brought in the service manager to conduct a scripted behavioral interview after which I was offer the inside sales position pending a drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions

• "What will you do to become our top performer in two years?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not expecting to be made an offer so quickly so I did not really negotiate during the initial interview. I will once the drug screen and background check is complete.

Inbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, GA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Rollins (Covington, GA) in May 2009.

Interview

Very standard, asking questions regarding tell me about a time when....

Interview Questions

• Always don't like to answer questions about when you overcame a particularily difficult customer service issue....   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very Quick. maybe an hour?

Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rollins in August 2012.

Interview

I received a call from an HR manager, saying they had pulled my resume off a job board and wanted to interview me as my background listed on the resume was a good fit for an opening they had. I was asked if I would be interested in interviewing with the HR VP and I said yes. I was told I would be interviewing with the HR Manager and the HR VP.

I came in for the interview and after talking to the HR manager about the job for five minutes she received a call from the HR VP. They talked for a few minutes, and the HR manager got off the phone and changed the tone of the interview. I was immediately put in defense mode and asked to show how I was a fit for the four key requirements of the job. The HR VP had obviously looked at a resume for the first time and decided I was missing a key component and decided not to interview me.

The interviewer then had me try to show her through my current and former positions that I could meet the requirement they were looking for. We spent 45 minutes going through that exercise.

A dissapointing and demeaning exercise - if you tell me I am going to interview with the HR VP then it should happen. For the VP HR to cancel my interview is disrespectful.

In addition, only call someone after you have done the proper screening of resumes. The fact that you called me to interview for a job that I did not apply for, only to be basically told in the interview that I was not a fit, was a waste of my time and yours.