Rolls-Royce

Relevance Date Difficulty

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Control Systems Engineer
Derby, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Rolls-Royce in May 2009.

Interview Details – One interview for experienced professional role, two interviewers, al neutral questions (eg. give an example of when you excelled in a role, etc.),

Interview Question – Would you be willing to apply for British citizenship?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not exist

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Control Systems Engineer
Derby, England (UK)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Rolls-Royce in June 2010.

Interview Details – The job was posted on their website page and I decided to give it a go. Within a couple of days, I received a phone call inviting me for an interview at the headquarters in Derby.

The interview was conducted by the head of department, 2x senior engineers, and the HR representative. It was quite intense and lasted for 3.5 hours. They were a friendly group and tried to make me feel very relaxed with no silly questions. It did get technical at some points in the first interview, but the real test was the second interview, where actual technical scenarios were presented to me, to see how I would tackle the problem. I don't think that they weren't looking for the ultimate solution, but just the drive and capacity to digest the situation into manageable tasks - easy if you're an engineer at heart.

The work environment looks dynamic, with a large open-plan office, where I saw colleagues easily consulting each other (which is not the case in other companies)

Interview Question – With all the economic downturns, how would you secure the future of Rolls Royce?   View Answer

Worked for Rolls-Royce? Contribute to the Community!