Rolls-Royce

Updated Jan 30, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Rolls-Royce in September 2010.

2 Peoples interviewed me on my college campus. One was taking notes while the other was asking questions.

Interview Questions
  • How would to describe the use of a Free Body Diagram to a non technical person?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Rolls-Royce

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Consisted of an online application asking about the yourself and why you would like to work for the company. They want to see your drive and passion
    Psychometric Test - Numerical, Verbal and diagrammatic
    Assessment Center - Group task - Build a paper bridge; Presentation - sell yourself to the company( your skills and talent). Numerical test. Technical Interview - about engines graphs and tables - methods of increasing efficiency etc

Interview Questions
    • Some difficult questions; know about the the companies economical and environmental challenges, statistics and jet engines   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Series of long questions for the application form online, followed by numerical reasoning tests. Then invited to an assessment day in Derby; personal interview (with presentation about yourself), group exercise (building a bridge out of paper), 'case study' type question (writing down what you would do in a particular situation), technical interview (dependent on your degree course) and chance to network over lunch.

Interview Questions
    • What recent event in the news will have a big effect of our business?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I have got email invitation for an interview at the office in Derby. It took 2 months since I have applied online. They have given me one week notice preparation for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your proud achievement? Tell us when you have problem, how would you over come? Describe us any manufacturing process and its critical factor? How would you improve our process?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Rolls-Royce in October 2013.

Initial online application followed by invitation to take online psychometric tests (numerical & logical reasoning). Received an e-mail invitation to an assessment centre 2-3 weeks later. Day-long assessment centre consisted of individual presentation, competency interview, psychometric retest, group exercise, technical interview and written case study. All in all, the day lasted around 6-7 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview by far the most challenging. Not one question in particular, but style of interview. Make sure you know basic engineering principles and how to apply them within an engine.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rolls-Royce in April 2012.

Initial resume screening then hiring Manager contact by phone

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rolls-Royce in March 2012.

1 phone interview (so far): Questions were very technical. Focusing on establishing my strengths and core interests. Interview started by asking me to summarize my work history. The 2 interviewers then asked specific questions on what i had done. They were intrested in knowing what engineering tools and processes were followed and used to reach the conclusions noted (on the CV). Was also asked what areas i would like to focus on while at RR.

Received email confirmation today for next phase (face-to-face interview).

If successful, Its been explained that a 3rd and final interview (at what will be my work location) will be scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • What engineering tools/processes did you use to address/solve that problem?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rolls-Royce in November 2011.

Filled out the application form online which consisted of some standard 'give an example of a time when you demonstrated' questions. I was then invited to the assesment center. All expenses were covered by Rolls-Royce including booking hotel accomodation and taxis the following morning. Assesment Center had around 10 candidates present and started with a brief business case study essay, numerical and verbal reasoning tests, a technical interview, competancy based interview (which included making a presentation about myself) and finally a group exercise. Overall a very professional interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a engineering principle (selected from a list) in laymen terms.   View Answer

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rolls-Royce in August 2011.

First round was a telephone interview which consisted of HR and technical questions. This was followed by a in person interview which was mostly technical.

Interview Questions
    • Draw a free body diagram of a transversely loaded beam.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Rolls-Royce in January 2010.

The assessment involved 2 interviews - a competency based interview and one exploring my technical knowledge, a group exercise and abstract and numerical reasoning tests, a brief presentation about me: my skills and abilities. Note you have to be able to "sell yourself"!

Interview Questions
    • What materials are used today for compressor and turbine blades?   View Answer