Rolls-Royce

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rolls-Royce in November 2012.

Rolls-Royce is a corporate sponsor for my block in the McIntire School of Commerce, so I learned about the internship opportunity during their first visit. I applied and was selected to attend one of their "assessment centers" which consisted of a series of interviews and activities. There were two tests to take on a computer, one was a numerical test and the other a logical reasoning test which consisted of deciphering patterns. There was one behavioral interview to determine fit and one technical where they asked questions to test your knowledge on the company in respect to different areas of their business and problems they may have. They also set up a group activity to see how you work in teams and assess your leadership abilities.

Interview Questions
  • Why didn't the stock for Rolls-Royce go up this morning after it was announced that RR finalized the deal with Singapore Airlines?   Answer Question

The interview was very early on in the year (November for a summer internship) and I wanted to wait until I had explored other options with financial services firms.