Rolls-Royce Interview Questions

3.3

Power Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, OH

interviewed at Rolls-Royce in September 2013.

This company had two section for interview process. at first I had an phone interview that mostly I spoke about my previous experiences. in the nest step I had an face to face interview that it was about some technical and management questions.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult questions were about some sections that I did not have any experience about them and they need for this position.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineering Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rolls-Royce in May 2013.

The interview process was good at first. Good up front communication with a real recruiter in the their HR department. Recruiter gave me good info about the company and position and its potential for growth. Phone screen was good and good communication about what would be next in the process. But once I was not selected to go further for an in-person interview it reverted back to the all to familiar impersonal rejection email. No personal call back to give feedback on how to improve.

Interview Questions
    • Actually there weren't really any tough questions. It was much more an information exchange rather than a phone screen.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Applied on their website sometime in October and got an interview with them in February. First interview was on phone, lasted about 45 minutes and were mostly behavioral questions and what does RR do. About few days later got invited to on-day assessment in Indianapolis. They accommodated me very well and the night before the interview there was a mixer with about 15 other candidates and Rolls-Royce employees. The actual day of the assessment there was a presentation about my skills, 2 interviews, group exercises, math, reasoning tests and a discussion about your solution to the case study they give you. All in all, very difficult interview process. Make sure you know what RR does and be familiar with their products.

Interview Questions
    • How did you convince someone with no authority?   View Answer

Summer Internship Supply Chain Interview

Met them at student career fair, called me that night to interview. Asked A LOT of very specific questions about the company such as competitors, the product, etc. it was a pretty stressful interview for it only being a prelimanry one. They didnt want me because i didnt have enough exprience, they wanted a junior

Customer Management Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Phone and then an all-day interview. RR is nice with accommodation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rolls-Royce.

1st round interview. Comprised of a basic STAR interview based on the company's 5 core values (buried on the website). Then discussion about the macro-level (SWOT) potential of the company.
    2nd Round interview. Presentation about self, strategy interview, behavioral interview, IQ test, math test, and group activity.

Interview Questions
    • State a time that you had to influence others without any authority.

Where do you see the company in 5 years?

Answer Question
    Very little negotiation since it was for an internship, did negotiate some on salary

Stress and Lifing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rolls-Royce in December 2012.

Applied online and received a phone call a few weeks later. Phone interviewed with a recruiter, and then the hiring manager. Was invited to Indianapolis for an onsite interview. Nice facility and nice people. I interviewed with two hiring managers that co-manage essentially the same group. I also talked with a human resources representative as well as one of their seasoned engineers. Questions weren't difficult. They were mainly trying to see how interested I was in the job since I was coming from an upper-level academic position.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be okay with spending 90% of your job at a desk?   Answer Question

Position was too much of a desk job.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rolls-Royce in November 2012.

Rolls-Royce is a corporate sponsor for my block in the McIntire School of Commerce, so I learned about the internship opportunity during their first visit. I applied and was selected to attend one of their "assessment centers" which consisted of a series of interviews and activities. There were two tests to take on a computer, one was a numerical test and the other a logical reasoning test which consisted of deciphering patterns. There was one behavioral interview to determine fit and one technical where they asked questions to test your knowledge on the company in respect to different areas of their business and problems they may have. They also set up a group activity to see how you work in teams and assess your leadership abilities.

Interview Questions
    • Why didn't the stock for Rolls-Royce go up this morning after it was announced that RR finalized the deal with Singapore Airlines?   Answer Question

The interview was very early on in the year (November for a summer internship) and I wanted to wait until I had explored other options with financial services firms.

Human Resources Intern (Graduate Level) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rolls-Royce in October 2012.

1on campus screening interview. Followed by a on site assessment center. Assessment included full day of testing (quantitative skills, spatial reasoning, writing, business skills, presentation, group interaction)

Interview Questions
    • What business unit has the most potential?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rolls-Royce in September 2012.

I applied to a finance internship at Rolls in fall and was contacted a few months later with an offer for an interview in the costumer support division. This was not what I was looking for but decided to accept the interview call and continue on with the application.

The interview was rather short and consisted of only behavioral questions. This included "describe a situation..." "walk me through your resume.." etc.

I felt that I had a very good interview with this HR representative and was told I would be called by one of the department managers in the upcoming weeks.

I was never called and after 3 emails and the passing of the hiring date I received an email saying I did not receive the internship at least 6 months later.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were basically behavioral questions such as "describe a situation..." and "walk me through your resume..."   Answer Question