Rolls-Royce Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

3.4

Intern-purchasing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

There was multiple questions asked at once. Know about their company. They will ask you what you know about them. Do it in STAR. 2 people in the room. One was a intern before and one was the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What was when you had an issue, what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

Overall the process is long (most larger companies HR takes some time to proceeed through all their steps). Initial communications were timely and detailed. 3 interviews total 2 phone one in person. The interview itself was very plesant with a good staff and team involvement so you met who you would be working with before accepting an offer. Offer came quick after interview

Interview Questions

• None I am a season career person and have been through many interviews so nothing unusual was asked.   Answer Question

Global Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Mount Vernon, OH).

Interview

The interviews are very structured. So, they will ask you several pre-formated questions. They will ask other candidates the same questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They said it is $60,000 per year. Pick or leave...

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

It took forever even as a returning intern and had to let them know that I had other offers I was waiting on to get a response after months of promises that they were getting an offer to me.

Interview Questions

Was not competitive, weak benefits package, and would not negotiate.

Power Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, OH

Application

I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Mount Vernon, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

This company had two section for interview process. at first I had an phone interview that mostly I spoke about my previous experiences. in the nest step I had an face to face interview that it was about some technical and management questions.

Interview Questions

• Difficult questions were about some sections that I did not have any experience about them and they need for this position.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineering Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Richmond, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process was good at first. Good up front communication with a real recruiter in the their HR department. Recruiter gave me good info about the company and position and its potential for growth. Phone screen was good and good communication about what would be next in the process. But once I was not selected to go further for an in-person interview it reverted back to the all to familiar impersonal rejection email. No personal call back to give feedback on how to improve.

Interview Questions

• Actually there weren't really any tough questions. It was much more an information exchange rather than a phone screen.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Applied on their website sometime in October and got an interview with them in February. First interview was on phone, lasted about 45 minutes and were mostly behavioral questions and what does RR do. About few days later got invited to on-day assessment in Indianapolis. They accommodated me very well and the night before the interview there was a mixer with about 15 other candidates and Rolls-Royce employees. The actual day of the assessment there was a presentation about my skills, 2 interviews, group exercises, math, reasoning tests and a discussion about your solution to the case study they give you. All in all, very difficult interview process. Make sure you know what RR does and be familiar with their products.

Interview Questions

• How did you convince someone with no authority?   1 Answer

Interview

Met them at student career fair, called me that night to interview. Asked A LOT of very specific questions about the company such as competitors, the product, etc. it was a pretty stressful interview for it only being a prelimanry one. They didnt want me because i didnt have enough exprience, they wanted a junior

Customer Management Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Interview

Phone and then an all-day interview. RR is nice with accommodation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Reston, VA).

Interview

1st round interview. Comprised of a basic STAR interview based on the company's 5 core values (buried on the website). Then discussion about the macro-level (SWOT) potential of the company. 2nd Round interview. Presentation about self, strategy interview, behavioral interview, IQ test, math test, and group activity.

Interview Questions

• State a time that you had to influence others without any authority. Where do you see the company in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation since it was for an internship, did negotiate some on salary