Rolls-Royce

Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst
Reston, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Rolls-Royce in November 2012.

Interview Details – Rolls-Royce is a corporate sponsor for my block in the McIntire School of Commerce, so I learned about the internship opportunity during their first visit. I applied and was selected to attend one of their "assessment centers" which consisted of a series of interviews and activities. There were two tests to take on a computer, one was a numerical test and the other a logical reasoning test which consisted of deciphering patterns. There was one behavioral interview to determine fit and one technical where they asked questions to test your knowledge on the company in respect to different areas of their business and problems they may have. They also set up a group activity to see how you work in teams and assess your leadership abilities.

Interview Question – Why didn't the stock for Rolls-Royce go up this morning after it was announced that RR finalized the deal with Singapore Airlines?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The interview was very early on in the year (November for a summer internship) and I wanted to wait until I had explored other options with financial services firms.

Performance Engineer Interview

Performance Engineer
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rolls-Royce in September 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was definitely harder than I expected. The first question made me put all my cards on the table. The questions were geared toward academic life, so that can be good if you dont have any prior experience. 3 technical questions, but if you are a true aerospace engineer, they shouldnt cause a problem.

Interview Question – Tell me about the greatest challenge you have overcome?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Rolls-Royce in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted at end of August to do a phone screen with the HR department. After that, I did another phone interview with the hiring manager two weeks later. I did not hear back until late October due to hiring manager's personal issues. Overall, the experience was good but the process takes too long. They decided to move forward with an internal candidate.

Interview Question – Nothing really. Why do you want to work for Rolls Royce?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Professional Excellance Engineer Interview

Professional Excellance Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Rolls-Royce in September 2012.

Interview Details – Spoke with recruiter at a university Career fair and applied online through website. Received an On-Campus interview session that was behavioral/technical. Questions focused on knowledge of course material as well as knowledge of Rolls-Royce industry. Be prepared to answer simple concept questions in addition to STAR based behavioral questions. Turned down for a site visit. They seem to want people who want to specialize in a specific area after completion of program.

Interview Question – Describe a time you solved a complex problem with a simple solution?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

LDP Interview

LDP
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rolls-Royce in September 2009.

Interview Details – The LDP hiring process comprises of (usually) an on campus interview, followed by an on site assessment. The assessment has 3 or 4 parts -- generally: a team assignment, and individual opportunity to convey technical knowledge, and a standard behavioral interview. Oh, and an online test called a psychometric test.

Interview Question – The individual writing part was the most unexpected for me.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had other offers that I wanted to take more

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rolls-Royce in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was approximately 5 hours in duration and consisted of 1:1 and panel interviews with personnel from varying levels of management and from different groups including LibertyWorks and Rolls Royce Corporation. There was a brief interview with the LibertyWorks Chief Engineer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Rolls Royce?   Answer Question
  • What is your level of comfort with systems engineering concepts including SV (schedule variance) and CV (cost variance)?   Answer Question

Repair Engineer Interview

Repair Engineer
Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Rolls-Royce in August 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty typical behavioral questions.

Interview Question – How to do deal with conflict?   View Answer

Graduate Leadership Program - Customer Management US Interview

Graduate Leadership Program - Customer Management US
Indianapolis, IN

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Rolls-Royce in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online in November, was contacted for a phone screening in early January and was flown out to Indianapolis later on that month for a group interview with approximately 15 other candidates, half were for the customer management side of things (strategic) the other half were more tactical roles.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the 'things' that you should include on a contract for a customer?   Answer Question
  • Give us a 5 minute presentation on how recent events have impacted our business (was given a couple of weeks to prepare)?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Indianapolis, IN

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rolls-Royce in November 2011.

Interview Details – First HR recruiter phone screen
Next Manager phone interview
Then on-site interview
Everyone was very polite and professional
They took me out to lunch
They gave me a tour of their building and facilities
I interviewed with multiple people including HR
HR was not upfront about salary range and benefit questions

Interview Question – What would your former manager tell me that you need to improve upon?   View Answer

Vice President, Government Relations Interview

Vice President, Government Relations
Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rolls-Royce in October 2011.

Interview Details – This position required three rounds of interviews. The first interview was a phone interview and went extremely well. One of their Senior VPs interviewed me. The second interview (my last) was in person - another senior VP interviewed me. I was told that the executive VP was the third and final interviewer. The process was a bit slow - it took them roughly a month to get back to me. I received a form email from a contract recruiter informing me that they hired someone else. If I recall correctly, I was told that HR(?) made the final decision as to who was hired.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question