Rolls-Royce Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

3.3

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rolls-Royce (West Lafayette, IN) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied twice at a college job fair and got an interview a month after the second job fair. The call came just one or two days before the day I would be interviewed. The interview was fairly standard; the interviewers were very friendly (turns out they volunteer to go to campuses and do this sort of thing).

Interview Questions

• As I remember, most questions were not technical - more along the lines of "What's your greatest strength?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation doesn't happen for Co-Op positions as far as I know.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rolls-Royce (Mount Vernon, OH) in April 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, was recruited directly by Rolls. Then they called me in and I had a series of three interviews. Took me to lunch and I was on my way.

Interview Questions

• Routine and painless. There were no really unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Aggressively negotiated salary and bonus.

Software Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2010.

Interview

PhoneScreen with HR in Minneapolis, Then Phone screen with hiring manager, then 3 group interviews. Usually 2 :1.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2010.

Interview

hired on through Belcan (a contracting firm)

Global Leadership Program Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Rolls-Royce (Glen Allen, VA) in November 2009.

Interview

One hour interview conducted by one of their Vice President. First question was about my future goals - immediate, 10 years from now and what at the time of retirement.
    He wanted to know about my past experience.
    He wanted to know about leadership style, have I been involved in hiring and firing people - how did I do that.
    What do I know about Rolls Royce - what are the opportunities and challenges.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever fired any person? How did you feel about it? If you have to do it, will you do it differently?   1 Answer

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2009.

Interview

They called and asked to meet with me the day after I met a guy at the job fair. I had little time to prepare myself or even learn anything about the company. I was asked a range of technical questions from statics, deforms, and basic economics. They asked a lot of questions regarding difficult situations I have been in and how I over came them. Like have you ever been in a group and had a conflict with another group member, and how did I react to it.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever been in a group where I disagreed with another person in that group? How did I overcome the difference?   Answer Question

LDP Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2009.

Interview

The LDP hiring process comprises of (usually) an on campus interview, followed by an on site assessment. The assessment has 3 or 4 parts -- generally: a team assignment, and individual opportunity to convey technical knowledge, and a standard behavioral interview. Oh, and an online test called a psychometric test.

Interview Questions

• The individual writing part was the most unexpected for me.   Answer Question

Had other offers that I wanted to take more

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2009.

Interview

In person interview and two phone interviews. Consisted of behavioral and technical interview. I was required to do a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used common sense.   3 Answers

Supplier Development Lead - Approve & Maintain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rolls-Royce (Reston, VA) in February 2009.

Interview

Very professional and very nice facility. Very comfortable experience. Open questions with no particular format. More like a networking conversation with a potential employeer. Very brief interview, around 30 min.

Interview Questions

• Don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions. All pertained to the position and the description that was given on the website of what the job entailed.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2009.

Interview

The interview process is in 3 steps. First a phone interview, then another phone interview, then a one on one interview and then the final offer after 2-3 weeks from the final interview. Interviews are conducted tactfully and one should be prepared to answer the technical and non-technical aspect of it. Overall a good experience.