Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Rolta India
- Lead Engineer (3)
- Software Engineer (3)
- Senior Software Engineer (3)
- Fresher (2)
- Software Developer (2)
- ETL Tester (1)
- Project Lead (1)
- Project Management Consultant (1)
- GIS Technician (1)
- Senior Developer (1)
- Executive (1)
- SE (1)
- Manager (1)
- Tech Lead (1)
- Executive L1 (1)
- Asso CAD Prod Exe (1)
- Senior Exe L1 (1)
- Executive Corporate Marketing (1)
- SDM Oracle Database Administrator (1)
- Software Lead Engineer (1)
- Senior Software Engineer -L3 (1)
- Freshers Recruitment (1)
- Global Products and Technology Solutions (1)
- Process Engineer (Contract) (1)
- Senior Executive (1)
- Java Developer (1)
- .NET Developer (1)
- CAD Operator (1)
- Senior Manager (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Rolta India (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2011.
One interview consisted of a short Q & A session with the division Director, then a quick tour around the office. My head was filled with visions of expansion and the construction of an additional building to house the new Data Services division of Rolta's North American presence which was to be the bread and butter of Rolta International, Inc.
- Explain this case that showed up on your background check (was supposed to be sealed :o). 1 Answer
I asked for more money and got 2 more dollars per hour. I was hired through a recruiter, so I was talking to them, and they probably just cut into their profit margin a little, since they were taking roughly a third of my pay at the time.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Rolta India.
It was a walk-in drive but I insisted HR to take a telephonic round before I appear for Interview as I had to travel from Pune to Mumbai to attend the interview. 1 telephonic round followed by 3 face to face technical round followed by HR round followed by Regional VP round. Same questions were asked repeatedly in technical interviews.
- Questions were completely based on SQL and that too very restricted to Joins and some DWH concepts. No informatica, teradata, unix related questions were asked. 1 Answer
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Rolta India (Mumbai (India)) in February 2015.
I was sent a mail from the HR of Rolta and was asked to come for interview on a specific day. The Interview was with a senior design personal. He was a very experienced person he made me comfortable while asking the questions. He asked few basic questions related to the job profile and discussed some technical questions.
They Mentioned that I was selected on the same day but I did not get the offer even after follow ups. I understand they might have chosen not the recruit me, since they informed that I've selected they could've informed that they couldn't honor their commitment due to their management discussion.
Advice to HR: Please don't announce the result if you are going to have second thoughts. No need to disappoint people who are desperately looking for a job.
- How to find the time for discharge from a tank knowing the flow velocity, Volume of the tank etc. 1 Answer
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Rolta India.
2 Technical rounds and 1 HR round.
The only tip I can give you is DO NOT attend any interview conducted by this company.
Here's my experience
1)They call you for the interview by calling you almost everyday and sending mails(I got 6 phone calls ,4 text messages and 5 emails)
Then they waste your entire day in their interview rounds
2) They shortlist you ,send a confirmation mail for the same and ask for all your documents
3)Make you wait endlessly for giving the offer letter
4) Then one fine day they send out a mail that your candidature is on hold - polite way of telling your rejected!
No satisfactory reasons given..
This is not the way a MNC functions
End of the story
They wont answer your calls nor reply to mails!
So beware guys.
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Rolta India.
Resumes from freshers were called out for the new batch. After preliminary shortlisting of the resumes mail were sent out to those who were selected for the face-to-face interview.
They did not specified for what position they are hiring and people from CS/IT/EXTC were invited.
They conducted written test consisting of 40 questions out of which 17 were aptitude questions which were lot easy to crack and remaining questions were related to IT programming stuff from java to SQL to HTML. I suggest EXTC students to apply only if they want to make career in programming to appear for the interview.
The technical questions too were somewhat to crack (CS/IT students refered it to be easy) . I did not cleared the test as i was from non-programming background. But the technical round filtered out many candidates. Overall experience was good but they should have been more clear with the position thet are hiring for.
- No questions were easy. Answer Question
Helpful (2)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Rolta India in November 2014.
It was a recruitment drive for experienced . 1st round is written test general aptitude and programming MCQs . 2nd, 3rd round Face to Face technical interview. 4th round HR
- Difficulty level was moderate , No such difficult questions encountered Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted Offer
Applied online on company website. Got a mail and a call from company to come on a specific day and time. It was a fresher recruitment drive. 1st round is written test. 2nd, 3rd round Face to Face interview. 4th round HR.
- 5-6 aptitude question were challenging Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Rolta India (Andheri (India)) in November 2014.
The interview was conducted on 1st Nov 2014, and was conducted from 11 am to 10 pm and the process had 4 rounds of interview. The first round was Technical Aptitude, and 2 Technical rounds and HR round. 1st Technical round was the actual technical quiz round 2nd technical round was like hunt for suitable candidates for the project, though they didnt mention what project were they hiring for. Several technology(Java, .net, Linux, sharepoint, etc) candidates were called for interview. They confirmed the shortlisted candidates on 3rd Nov 2014, and were told to send their documents(current salary slips) for offer approval. After that there was no response from their side and after from communications from my side they replied that offer is still pending even after one month. and is still pending i suppose.
- LINQ query to sum and group by 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week – interviewed at Rolta India (Mumbai (India)).
Written test, then 2 technical round, Director round and finally HR round.
Written test is basically case study which we need to solve.
1st technical round generally covers the basics of technologies.
If you clear 2nd technical round then 90% of the case you are selected.
- Design an automated lift system algorithm Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Rolta India.
One of the smoothest experiences. Be honest and your chances increase. Avoid criticism and stick to your strengths. Don't harp about things you know less. An internal reference is generally preferred for interview and subsequent hiring if found suitable.
- Difficulty arises when asked to prepare action plans and achievable targets. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review