Rolta India Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.8

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rolta India (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

One interview consisted of a short Q & A session with the division Director, then a quick tour around the office. My head was filled with visions of expansion and the construction of an additional building to house the new Data Services division of Rolta's North American presence which was to be the bread and butter of Rolta International, Inc.

Interview Questions

• Explain this case that showed up on your background check (was supposed to be sealed :o).   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for more money and got 2 more dollars per hour. I was hired through a recruiter, so I was talking to them, and they probably just cut into their profit margin a little, since they were taking roughly a third of my pay at the time.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolta India.

Interview

There is first telefonic interview process.Once selected in that company will call for personal interview and 3 rounds of interview take place. After that HR round of interview for salary expectations.

Interview Questions

• Questions are related to skills mentioned and upcoming projects in organization   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rolta India in August 2015.

Interview

I got a call from HR stating if i am looking for Desktop support after reading my CV, I was working in Network. why would i look for desktop support. after telling her that. she asked if i am ok with telephonic or F2F interview. to which i agreed( thinking it would be telephonic first followed by f2f ) she directly scheduled a F2F interview and sent me the address on mail. on reading the mail. i was shocked . job description was Desktop support. i replied back that i am not looking forward for that position. she apologized and schduled another interview on a diff day for network. on reaching rolta park , I was made to wait for 1.5 hrs . then a guy who absolutely had no knowledge about networking took my interview and asked me about my previous experience in Desktop( i left desktop 2 yrs ago). he was asking questions related to desktop and my work ex at those organisations. I realised then that these guys weren't looking for a network engineer and just fooling me into joining for desktop support. That wasn't even the worst part. The person taking my interview didn't let me complete any of the answers i was giving when i asked him to ask network related questions, that idi0t didn't even know basics about leased lines or ospf bgp and tried hard to downplay my knowledge for networks. I was very tolerant but i couldn't take someone's lack of knowledge in an interview. he said i have tremendous gap with regard to knowledge and experience and i should join Rolta as desktop support if i plan to take my career forward in network.!!! ( I Have 1yr exp in network) that was it. i asked him so why i wasn't considered for network job if they had so many openings. he said we have L2 switches L3 switches and MPLS and we need a guy with 2-3 yrs exp in network for that. i straight away told him then all this could be discussed on Phonr as well.why waste my precious time. couldnt the HR filter my CV. and i had already worked on L2 and L3.

Interview Questions

• I want a pc to have 1gb connection. how would i do that?   1 Answer
    • what is high availability?   1 Answer
    • leased line?   1 Answer
    • difference between OSPF and BGP   1 Answer
    • tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Full form of FMS engineer   1 Answer

As I was looking for a network Engineer position. and this lame company (i said company because i believe they only wanted a desktop support) offered me" desktop support "so completely unprofessional. interviewer tried hard to demotivate me and fool me into coming backwards in my career. very Bad experience. wouldn't even recommend this to my enemy. God awful people. playing with someone's career by manipulating them.

ETL Tester Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Rolta India.

Interview

It was a walk-in drive but I insisted HR to take a telephonic round before I appear for Interview as I had to travel from Pune to Mumbai to attend the interview. 1 telephonic round followed by 3 face to face technical round followed by HR round followed by Regional VP round. Same questions were asked repeatedly in technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions were completely based on SQL and that too very restricted to Joins and some DWH concepts. No informatica, teradata, unix related questions were asked.   1 Answer

Process Engineer (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolta India (Mumbai (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

I was sent a mail from the HR of Rolta and was asked to come for interview on a specific day. The Interview was with a senior design personal. He was a very experienced person he made me comfortable while asking the questions. He asked few basic questions related to the job profile and discussed some technical questions. They Mentioned that I was selected on the same day but I did not get the offer even after follow ups. I understand they might have chosen not the recruit me, since they informed that I've selected they could've informed that they couldn't honor their commitment due to their management discussion. Advice to HR: Please don't announce the result if you are going to have second thoughts. No need to disappoint people who are desperately looking for a job.

Interview Questions

• How to find the time for discharge from a tank knowing the flow velocity, Volume of the tank etc.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolta India.

Interview

Interview process: 2 Technical rounds and 1 HR round. Tips: The only tip I can give you is DO NOT attend any interview conducted by this company. Here's my experience 1)They call you for the interview by calling you almost everyday and sending mails(I got 6 phone calls ,4 text messages and 5 emails) Then they waste your entire day in their interview rounds 2) They shortlist you ,send a confirmation mail for the same and ask for all your documents 3)Make you wait endlessly for giving the offer letter 4) Then one fine day they send out a mail that your candidature is on hold - polite way of telling your rejected! No satisfactory reasons given.. This is not the way a MNC functions End of the story They wont answer your calls nor reply to mails! So beware guys.

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolta India (Mumbai (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

There were 2 rounds of F2F interview. There interview was avg and not very tough to answer if you are a good Tech recruiter. Both were from Technical and process related, went good but finally they didn't offer due to Salary

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolta India.

Interview

Resumes from freshers were called out for the new batch. After preliminary shortlisting of the resumes mail were sent out to those who were selected for the face-to-face interview. They did not specified for what position they are hiring and people from CS/IT/EXTC were invited. They conducted written test consisting of 40 questions out of which 17 were aptitude questions which were lot easy to crack and remaining questions were related to IT programming stuff from java to SQL to HTML. I suggest EXTC students to apply only if they want to make career in programming to appear for the interview. The technical questions too were somewhat to crack (CS/IT students refered it to be easy) . I did not cleared the test as i was from non-programming background. But the technical round filtered out many candidates. Overall experience was good but they should have been more clear with the position thet are hiring for.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolta India in November 2014.

Interview

It was a recruitment drive for experienced . 1st round is written test general aptitude and programming MCQs . 2nd, 3rd round Face to Face technical interview. 4th round HR

Interview Questions

• Difficulty level was moderate , No such difficult questions encountered   Answer Question

Fresher Interview

Interview

Applied online on company website. Got a mail and a call from company to come on a specific day and time. It was a fresher recruitment drive. 1st round is written test. 2nd, 3rd round Face to Face interview. 4th round HR.