Rolta India Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.8

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rolta India (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

One interview consisted of a short Q & A session with the division Director, then a quick tour around the office. My head was filled with visions of expansion and the construction of an additional building to house the new Data Services division of Rolta's North American presence which was to be the bread and butter of Rolta International, Inc.

Interview Questions

• Explain this case that showed up on your background check (was supposed to be sealed :o).   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for more money and got 2 more dollars per hour. I was hired through a recruiter, so I was talking to them, and they probably just cut into their profit margin a little, since they were taking roughly a third of my pay at the time.

ETL Tester Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Rolta India.

Interview

It was a walk-in drive but I insisted HR to take a telephonic round before I appear for Interview as I had to travel from Pune to Mumbai to attend the interview. 1 telephonic round followed by 3 face to face technical round followed by HR round followed by Regional VP round. Same questions were asked repeatedly in technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions were completely based on SQL and that too very restricted to Joins and some DWH concepts. No informatica, teradata, unix related questions were asked.   1 Answer

Process Engineer (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rolta India (Mumbai (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

I was sent a mail from the HR of Rolta and was asked to come for interview on a specific day. The Interview was with a senior design personal. He was a very experienced person he made me comfortable while asking the questions. He asked few basic questions related to the job profile and discussed some technical questions. They Mentioned that I was selected on the same day but I did not get the offer even after follow ups. I understand they might have chosen not the recruit me, since they informed that I've selected they could've informed that they couldn't honor their commitment due to their management discussion. Advice to HR: Please don't announce the result if you are going to have second thoughts. No need to disappoint people who are desperately looking for a job.

Interview Questions

• How to find the time for discharge from a tank knowing the flow velocity, Volume of the tank etc.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rolta India.

Interview

Interview process: 2 Technical rounds and 1 HR round. Tips: The only tip I can give you is DO NOT attend any interview conducted by this company. Here's my experience 1)They call you for the interview by calling you almost everyday and sending mails(I got 6 phone calls ,4 text messages and 5 emails) Then they waste your entire day in their interview rounds 2) They shortlist you ,send a confirmation mail for the same and ask for all your documents 3)Make you wait endlessly for giving the offer letter 4) Then one fine day they send out a mail that your candidature is on hold - polite way of telling your rejected! No satisfactory reasons given.. This is not the way a MNC functions End of the story They wont answer your calls nor reply to mails! So beware guys.

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rolta India (Mumbai (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

There were 2 rounds of F2F interview. There interview was avg and not very tough to answer if you are a good Tech recruiter. Both were from Technical and process related, went good but finally they didn't offer due to Salary

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rolta India.

Interview

Resumes from freshers were called out for the new batch. After preliminary shortlisting of the resumes mail were sent out to those who were selected for the face-to-face interview. They did not specified for what position they are hiring and people from CS/IT/EXTC were invited. They conducted written test consisting of 40 questions out of which 17 were aptitude questions which were lot easy to crack and remaining questions were related to IT programming stuff from java to SQL to HTML. I suggest EXTC students to apply only if they want to make career in programming to appear for the interview. The technical questions too were somewhat to crack (CS/IT students refered it to be easy) . I did not cleared the test as i was from non-programming background. But the technical round filtered out many candidates. Overall experience was good but they should have been more clear with the position thet are hiring for.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rolta India in November 2014.

Interview

It was a recruitment drive for experienced . 1st round is written test general aptitude and programming MCQs . 2nd, 3rd round Face to Face technical interview. 4th round HR

Interview Questions

• Difficulty level was moderate , No such difficult questions encountered   Answer Question

Fresher Interview

Interview

Applied online on company website. Got a mail and a call from company to come on a specific day and time. It was a fresher recruitment drive. 1st round is written test. 2nd, 3rd round Face to Face interview. 4th round HR.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andheri (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rolta India (Andheri (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was conducted on 1st Nov 2014, and was conducted from 11 am to 10 pm and the process had 4 rounds of interview. The first round was Technical Aptitude, and 2 Technical rounds and HR round. 1st Technical round was the actual technical quiz round 2nd technical round was like hunt for suitable candidates for the project, though they didnt mention what project were they hiring for. Several technology(Java, .net, Linux, sharepoint, etc) candidates were called for interview. They confirmed the shortlisted candidates on 3rd Nov 2014, and were told to send their documents(current salary slips) for offer approval. After that there was no response from their side and after from communications from my side they replied that offer is still pending even after one month. and is still pending i suppose.

Interview Questions

• LINQ query to sum and group by   1 Answer

Software Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rolta India (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Written test, then 2 technical round, Director round and finally HR round. Written test is basically case study which we need to solve. 1st technical round generally covers the basics of technologies. If you clear 2nd technical round then 90% of the case you are selected.