Romano's Macaroni Grill

Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill.

First off, you must apply in person at the location you want to work at. You must be older than 18 for most of the jobs. Next, I was called for an interview and set up a time. I actually went through 2 interviews. The first one I talked to an assistant manager and it actually felt a lot more like a conversation rather than an interview. He asked about my previous work and then about my life. I think he was really interested in my past. Then he said he'd like me to have another interview with the store manager because he felt I would be a good fit. The interview with the manager was awesome. She ws a very nice lady. She asked basic interview questions. Even asked if I could write my name upside down. Pretty Simple. Hired me right there. Then filled out papers.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was "Why do you want to work for us" Really simple, but it's a server job. I mean, not too much to say there. Most unexpected was if I could write my name upside down. It was pretty funny.   Answer Question
    It's a set 2 something an hour plus your tips. (For Texas)

Server Interview

I walked in around 2pm and asked to fill out an application. I was given an application to fill out at the bar and the kitchen manager at the time (he doesn't work there anymore) came over and took me to one of the back booths to ask me a few questions. He seemed satisfied by my enthusiasm and went to get the General Manager. The GM came to speak with me and after a short interview, I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • You have no serving experience... What qualities do you have that make you think you'll be a good server?   Answer Question
    There was no room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenson Ranch, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenson Ranch, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill in February 2014.

Interview was very fast and very easy. I went in said hi to the GM and they sat me down. I was scared at first but the manager was very friendly. I was very comfortable, She sat me down and told me the basics. I'm going back soon to do orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Absolutely nothing. No hard questions just easy questions.   Answer Question

Waiter Interview

informal interview with manager

Interview Questions
    • not qualified to be a waiter because i had no experience, even though i had a college degree   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill in September 2013.

Apply in person. Will let you know on the spot when to come in for an interview, IF they are hiring.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill.

You go in and fill out the application, and depending on the time of day you might be lucky and get an on the spot interview. Simple questions : Have you ever been a hostess, availability, over 18. Then if they like you, you have an orientation where you sample the best dishes they offer, get some training, and learn table numbers. Paid of course.

Hostess/to Go Specialist/Bus "boy Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill in June 2013.

Walk in and ask for an application on a week day between 1 and 4 pm. That is when they are the least busy and you will be able to sit down, fill out your application and maybe even talk to a manager on the spot.
    When hired you will have 1 orientation and 4 days of training. At the beginning of each day you will sit down to take a test of what you should have read in your reading material from the night before. If you fail the test you do not get to complete your shift. You go home and try again the next day. So study up. At the end of your training you serve the manager like they are a customer and they critique you. It is pass/fail. You will have a final exam on everything you learned. Also Pass/fail. It is a rigorous training, but if you make it through - congratulations.

salary is nonnegotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Hill, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Hill, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill in May 2013.

Straight forward basic interview process. Little history of your former work places and a little about your personal life and former schooling. Intentions for the future. Etc. Etc. overall easy interview and hiring process, but hey it's a restaurant, not many restaurants expect you to become career servers these days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill.

My sister worked for them at the time I applied, so through her I was able to get an interview. When I went in, I had to take a brief test, which I guess just was to eliminate people who can't do basic math, or have awkward personalities. The interview was very generic, just to normal questions that any beginning manager would ask.

no negotiation

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill in April 2013.

I reached out to a recruiter I had spoken to while I was in college. She was very excited to set up an interview and flew me out about a week later to interview with the AD. The plan was to fly in, rent a car, drive to the restaurant, interview, look around a while, then back to the airport.

Interview Questions
    • After we walked through the restaurant he asked what were some of the things I saw   View Answer
    Very easy, no pressure what so ever