Romano's Macaroni Grill Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.0

FOH Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill.

Interview

when i walked into the building I was greeted by a host who escorted me to a table away from other guest and she asked me to wait patiently for the manager. when the manager arrived I immediately smiled and introduced myself. Throughout the conversation I was a asked a number of questions, one of them was why I would be a good fit for the restaurant. I pointed out my great communication, organization skills and experience.At the end of the interview He wanted me to take a comprehensive test. the next day I was offered the Job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill (Arlington, TX).

Interview

First off, you must apply in person at the location you want to work at. You must be older than 18 for most of the jobs. Next, I was called for an interview and set up a time. I actually went through 2 interviews. The first one I talked to an assistant manager and it actually felt a lot more like a conversation rather than an interview. He asked about my previous work and then about my life. I think he was really interested in my past. Then he said he'd like me to have another interview with the store manager because he felt I would be a good fit. The interview with the manager was awesome. She ws a very nice lady. She asked basic interview questions. Even asked if I could write my name upside down. Pretty Simple. Hired me right there. Then filled out papers.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was "Why do you want to work for us" Really simple, but it's a server job. I mean, not too much to say there. Most unexpected was if I could write my name upside down. It was pretty funny.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It's a set 2 something an hour plus your tips. (For Texas)

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill.

Interview

I walked in around 2pm and asked to fill out an application. I was given an application to fill out at the bar and the kitchen manager at the time (he doesn't work there anymore) came over and took me to one of the back booths to ask me a few questions. He seemed satisfied by my enthusiasm and went to get the General Manager. The GM came to speak with me and after a short interview, I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• You have no serving experience... What qualities do you have that make you think you'll be a good server?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cerrito, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill (El Cerrito, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Usual interview questions, it helps if you are familiar with their menu. They want to know what you bring to the table as an employee. They pride themselves on being a big "family" so it is important for them to find someone that is a good fit for the crew they already have in place. It is important to have a flexible schedule to work in the restaurant industry, especially because the bulk of your income will come from tips. You don't want to limit times you can work to only mornings or nights, depending on the restaurant you are applying to.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite dish and why do you like it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Stevenson Ranch, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill (Stevenson Ranch, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was very fast and very easy. I went in said hi to the GM and they sat me down. I was scared at first but the manager was very friendly. I was very comfortable, She sat me down and told me the basics. I'm going back soon to do orientation.

Interview Questions

• Absolutely nothing. No hard questions just easy questions.   Answer Question

Waiter Interview

Interview

informal interview with manager

Interview Questions

• not qualified to be a waiter because i had no experience, even though i had a college degree   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill (Montclair, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Apply in person. Will let you know on the spot when to come in for an interview, IF they are hiring.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

You go in and fill out the application, and depending on the time of day you might be lucky and get an on the spot interview. Simple questions : Have you ever been a hostess, availability, over 18. Then if they like you, you have an orientation where you sample the best dishes they offer, get some training, and learn table numbers. Paid of course.

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seal Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill (Seal Beach, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

First interview with a manager- General interview questions Second Interview with GM- More of the same questions as the first interview Fairly streamlined process. Sometimes there is long periods of time to wait to actually be interviewed once you are on the site. Managers seem to be busy or distracted by other things. Quick process though once in the interview.

Hostess/to Go Specialist/Bus "boy Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill in June 2013.

Interview

Walk in and ask for an application on a week day between 1 and 4 pm. That is when they are the least busy and you will be able to sit down, fill out your application and maybe even talk to a manager on the spot. When hired you will have 1 orientation and 4 days of training. At the beginning of each day you will sit down to take a test of what you should have read in your reading material from the night before. If you fail the test you do not get to complete your shift. You go home and try again the next day. So study up. At the end of your training you serve the manager like they are a customer and they critique you. It is pass/fail. You will have a final exam on everything you learned. Also Pass/fail. It is a rigorous training, but if you make it through - congratulations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

salary is nonnegotiable