Ronin Capital

Ronin Capital Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2014
Updated Aug 16, 2014

Trading Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ronin Capital in October 2012.

I was put through several rounds of interviews. This included taking the wonderlic test, meeting HR, and all members of the particular team I'd work with. The have a grew new office and I found the interview process to be pretty straight forward

Interview Questions
    • Explain the greeks. What is volatility and how is it calculated   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ronin Capital in June 2012.

Resume Screening, 15 minutes Phone interview then an on-site interview with more than 10 employees. The panel interview is a little bit intensive. It will go through your resume and the interviewers will extract your answer and ask anything (technical or non-technical) related to that experiences. 3 -hour interview may make you tired. So, hold on until the end.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ronin Capital in April 2012.

Phone interview went over basic C++ questions. Went well and I was called for an in person interview which started with a wonderlic test which got the day off to a stressful start. After that was a written C++ exam in which everyone left the room so I no questions could be asked or clarified. The test had a lot of curveballs.

The actual interview involved several one on one interviews with people who all seemed annoyed that they had to take time to speak with me. The "technical guru" aggressively grilled me on ins and outs of c++. Extremely unfriendly and argumentative. When he was done he just walked out of the room and said nothing. I then waited 15 minutes before having to walk around and find the receptionist who then found some random woman from HR to speak with me. But as she was totally unprepared she could answer none of my questions and actually described the work as requiring loose ethics at times. It was unreal.

After being told I would hear back in a week, I heard nothing for two weeks . I then emailed to follow up and got no reply. I called and got the receptionist who seemed annoyed when she realized who I was but said she thought they were making their decision soon. Two more weeks passed and I emailed HR and hiring manager again but no reply.

After going through the effort and stress to apply and interview the least hat could be done would be to respond to tell me yes or no.

I would not recommend this place. Seemed like an awful cut throat environment.

Interview Questions
    • If a linked list is broken and has one node looping back to point to anode earlier in the chain, write a program to find where that node is.   Answer Question
    • Lots of pointer and reference questions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ronin Capital in December 2009.

I had an oncampus interview first the the university, which was mostly just talk about my background and interests, after which i was asked to visit their offices for a company interview.

I was given some type of IQ/Intelligence test upon arrival, which was followed with 30 minute sessions with about 6-7 employees of the company. I guess my interests and goals didn't really match their requirements so they didn't make an offer but no regrets. They use of a lot of C++ in their work and most of the technical questions were for that specific language. I have only used JAVA for my work so I didn't really know how to answer those.

Assistant Trader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ronin Capital in May 2011.

Extremely unprofessional interviewing process. HR Rep contacts me and tells me that they would like to interview me for a position and sets up a time. Then the trader never calls and reschedules 4 times each time he does not call wastes an hour of my time on each day. No communication b/w HR and Trader as both did not know what the other was confirming with me.
    When I finally did have the interview the Trader says hes looking to hire immediately when I made it clear in my resume that I Graduate in 2012.
    Tells me we can work that out and the rest of the interview goes great. Never heard back from them. Not even a courtesy rejection email after all the problems they put me through.