Rooms To Go

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.1

Office Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rooms To Go.

I saw the position online but applied in-store because I feel like people are more likely to call you back for an interview if they can put a face to name vs. seeing a random resume online. Once I'd filled out and handed over the application, the manager (slowly) completed some process involving the entering the application in some system on their computer and then just got up and walked me over to a couch on the sales floor for an interview. I was dressed well and didn't have any plans until later that day so I didn't mind too much but it seemed a little presumptuous to me to assume that I had the time available for the interview, especially since I wasn't asked, just ushered over.

She asked the basic customer service/office job interview questions but didn't seem all that interested. Told me the position would be full-time, hours would vary a little but weekends, nights and holidays would be expected and that the pay would be $8/hr. Very low for a FT position but a lot of the big box companies are still taking advantage of the down economy so I wasn't surprised. All in all, she didn't seem very pressed to actually hire anybody at that time. I've seen the position pop up multiple times for the past year or so, but I was there on a warm Saturday afternoon and there were maybe 5 customers in the store. Based on the questions and her demeanor, I got the impression that they'd prefer a HS/college student that'd be willing to stick around for unpredictable hours and low pay and not someone with more experience who might leave or want to advance. There's only one other office position, Office Manager, and she mentioned that she'd held the position for years ie. there'll be no advancement unless you transfer to another location.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions really, it was the standard stuff. Have you dealt with difficult customers? Are you familiar with computers, Microsoft Office? Are you ok with working a retail schedule?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I was interviewed by the manager, called that afternoon and told I was hired. Gave my 2 week notice at current job and started soon after. It was a totally different environment than my previous job. People at RTG were happy, friendly, helpful, and very welcoming.

No negotiations. Sales job

Senior Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rooms To Go.

The interview process was excellent and thorough, but not difficult at all. I interviewed with the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager and finally with the Regional Manager; all of whom were extremely nice and helpful.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Rooms To Go.

Interview began with asking the prospective employee's salary expectations. the interview was immediately terminated when interviewee's stated wage preference exceeded the hiring salary. Very unprofessional and disconcerting. Interview was conducted sitting on a sofa on the sales floor. No regard to experience or work background. Seasoned workers cannot afford to accept $8 an hour starting pay with so much to offer.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer did not venture to ask any questions beyond salary expectation.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Rooms To Go.

They will hire anyone! Breathing and they will take you. Turnover is so great that they need warm bodies. Just continue to look because you won't be here long! Rediculous policies and no consistency between managers
    Horrible to customers and employees

Interview Questions
    • Will you work all the time for the lowest commissions in retail?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Rooms To Go.

The Interview Process was good, alot of valuable information about the company was given. Expected to work on holidays, weekends and sometimes from open to close if needed. Great benefits too

Office Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rooms To Go.

They pretty much want to know that your flexible in your schedule and you have to do a drug test/background (urine) it usually takes 3-4 weeks to get the results back before you can start

Customer Service Interview

Had one interview with two individuals. Was a pretty easy interview process. You will have about 3 weeks of training.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rooms To Go in October 2013.

Arrive up to 15 minutes early to ensure that you arrive as stress free as possible, do your research on the company, re-read the job description, and think of key questions to ask the line manager about their company.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Destin, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Destin, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rooms To Go in September 2013.

I applied for the position online and within a week was contacted to schedule an interview with the Store Manager. The interview was relatively straightforward. He had a copy of my resume and basically just asked some questions based on my resume (i.e. explanation of jobs, how could I relate my past work experience to this position). The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you had a difficult customer and you were able to resolve the situation.   View Answer