Rooms To Go

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I was interviewed by the manager, called that afternoon and told I was hired. Gave my 2 week notice at current job and started soon after. It was a totally different environment than my previous job. People at RTG were happy, friendly, helpful, and very welcoming.

No negotiations. Sales job

Senior Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rooms To Go.

The interview process was excellent and thorough, but not difficult at all. I interviewed with the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager and finally with the Regional Manager; all of whom were extremely nice and helpful.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Rooms To Go.

Interview began with asking the prospective employee's salary expectations. the interview was immediately terminated when interviewee's stated wage preference exceeded the hiring salary. Very unprofessional and disconcerting. Interview was conducted sitting on a sofa on the sales floor. No regard to experience or work background. Seasoned workers cannot afford to accept $8 an hour starting pay with so much to offer.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer did not venture to ask any questions beyond salary expectation.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Rooms To Go.

They will hire anyone! Breathing and they will take you. Turnover is so great that they need warm bodies. Just continue to look because you won't be here long! Rediculous policies and no consistency between managers
    Horrible to customers and employees

Interview Questions
    • Will you work all the time for the lowest commissions in retail?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Rooms To Go.

The Interview Process was good, alot of valuable information about the company was given. Expected to work on holidays, weekends and sometimes from open to close if needed. Great benefits too

Office Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rooms To Go.

They pretty much want to know that your flexible in your schedule and you have to do a drug test/background (urine) it usually takes 3-4 weeks to get the results back before you can start

Customer Service Interview

Had one interview with two individuals. Was a pretty easy interview process. You will have about 3 weeks of training.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rooms To Go in October 2013.

Arrive up to 15 minutes early to ensure that you arrive as stress free as possible, do your research on the company, re-read the job description, and think of key questions to ask the line manager about their company.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Destin, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Destin, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rooms To Go in September 2013.

I applied for the position online and within a week was contacted to schedule an interview with the Store Manager. The interview was relatively straightforward. He had a copy of my resume and basically just asked some questions based on my resume (i.e. explanation of jobs, how could I relate my past work experience to this position). The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you had a difficult customer and you were able to resolve the situation.   View Answer

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rooms To Go.

I received a call to come in for an interview. It was the usual hiring process. I started October 16, 2005.