Rooms To Go Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rooms To Go (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

There were three interviews one with the floor manager then with the store manager and lastly with the regional manager. The interview was pretty easy they pretty much hire based on personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations pay is 15.88 an hour or commission whichever is greater.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rooms To Go.

Interview

Recruiter emailed me after I applied online for a Store Management opportunity. We set up a day and time for the interview. Was contacted promptly at the proposed time and had a discussion about my past experience and the company overview.

Interview Questions

Applied for Store Manager. Have 20+ years in the retail environment covering major retailers and territories. Have even been a store manager. Was told that they very rarely hire from the outside for management positions. I would have to be hired on as a sales associate and work my way up. Do not understand why they post management positions on a job board if they are not going to consider outside applicants.

Rooms To Go Response

Apr 3, 2015 – Recruiting

At Rooms To Go, we are very concerned about our employees' well-being, and especially our sales associates. So when we do hire for management, we want to be certain that we hire the right person ... More

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rooms To Go (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I went in person to fill out an application. Asked to speak to the manager and he interviewed me the first time. Everything was relaxed and cool. First interview you have to sell your self but with honesty because they only hire great people that are willing to be coachable. Just dress for success and relax when asked questions. Don't answer more than what your being asked.

Interview Questions

• What made you come to apply for a job at rooms to go.?   1 Answer
    • What attributes make a successful sales person?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I have given the offer but still need to take the drug test and background check. All that process takes about 1 week to week and a half. So I have not negotiated anything yet. After that they will call me to explain all the details.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rooms To Go (Lakeland, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Need a lot help. Just old question. Need to be more clear about benefits. Anyone can pass their interview process. They don't give you any documents about your job once you get hired.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rooms To Go.

Interview

Phone interview that lasted nearly an hour. Went on interview next day...( No questions asked) ... basically hired on the spot. Waited a couple days for drug test and background check to come in.

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rooms To Go.

Interview

I saw the position online but applied in-store because I feel like people are more likely to call you back for an interview if they can put a face to name vs. seeing a random resume online. Once I'd filled out and handed over the application, the manager (slowly) completed some process involving the entering the application in some system on their computer and then just got up and walked me over to a couch on the sales floor for an interview. I was dressed well and didn't have any plans until later that day so I didn't mind too much but it seemed a little presumptuous to me to assume that I had the time available for the interview, especially since I wasn't asked, just ushered over. She asked the basic customer service/office job interview questions but didn't seem all that interested. Told me the position would be full-time, hours would vary a little but weekends, nights and holidays would be expected and that the pay would be $8/hr. Very low for a FT position but a lot of the big box companies are still taking advantage of the down economy so I wasn't surprised. All in all, she didn't seem very pressed to actually hire anybody at that time. I've seen the position pop up multiple times for the past year or so, but I was there on a warm Saturday afternoon and there were maybe 5 customers in the store. Based on the questions and her demeanor, I got the impression that they'd prefer a HS/college student that'd be willing to stick around for unpredictable hours and low pay and not someone with more experience who might leave or want to advance. There's only one other office position, Office Manager, and she mentioned that she'd held the position for years ie. there'll be no advancement unless you transfer to another location.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions really, it was the standard stuff. Have you dealt with difficult customers? Are you familiar with computers, Microsoft Office? Are you ok with working a retail schedule?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by the manager, called that afternoon and told I was hired. Gave my 2 week notice at current job and started soon after. It was a totally different environment than my previous job. People at RTG were happy, friendly, helpful, and very welcoming.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Sales job

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rooms To Go.

Interview

The interview process was excellent and thorough, but not difficult at all. I interviewed with the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager and finally with the Regional Manager; all of whom were extremely nice and helpful.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Rooms To Go (Asheville, NC).

Interview

Interview began with asking the prospective employee's salary expectations. the interview was immediately terminated when interviewee's stated wage preference exceeded the hiring salary. Very unprofessional and disconcerting. Interview was conducted sitting on a sofa on the sales floor. No regard to experience or work background. Seasoned workers cannot afford to accept $8 an hour starting pay with so much to offer.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer did not venture to ask any questions beyond salary expectation.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Rooms To Go.

Interview

They will hire anyone! Breathing and they will take you. Turnover is so great that they need warm bodies. Just continue to look because you won't be here long! Rediculous policies and no consistency between managers Horrible to customers and employees

Interview Questions

• Will you work all the time for the lowest commissions in retail?   Answer Question