Roper St. Francis Healthcare

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Roper St. Francis Healthcare.

Interview Details – Lengthy for a non-critical position. It was your standard "tell me about a time when..." "why should we hire you?" It consisted of an interview with the hiring manager, then a peer interview, then a job offer, physical, drug test, orientation.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. They are all standard interview questions designed to weed out psychopaths.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no salary negotiation. They will offer you a set amount, and you can take it or leave it.

Marketing Strategist Interview

Marketing Strategist

I applied online - interviewed at Roper St. Francis Healthcare in July 2013.

Interview Details – A couple months after applying I was contacted by a manager. I came in for a interview followed by a peer interview all within a matter a days. A week later the manager called and formally offered me the job, and about a week after that HR followed up with a salary offer and paperwork.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Call Center Operator Interview

Call Center Operator
Mount Pleasant, SC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Roper St. Francis Healthcare in March 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring manager is very intimidating and he watches you very closely on your body gestures and maintaining eye contact. I know I wasn't going to get the job due to be very late because I wasn't familiar with the area and was turned around due to map quest directions. I apologized for my tardiness but I had the feeling by the hiring manager he wasn't going to hire me. I did a thank you letter for the hiring manager and the recruiter within the next day. I tried to focus on my experience and qualification for the position. I also mention my tardiness and that I apologized again.

Interview Question – Have you every had confrontation with an employee and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Nurse RN Interview

Nurse RN
Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Roper St. Francis Healthcare in September 2009.

Interview Details – Straightforward process began with HR screening then face to face interview. HR walked me to manager's office. In turn manager showed me around new unit explained details of shift available and job details. Afterward was a comfortable peer interview. The usual behavioral interview questions were asked, all very conversational, nothing really unexpected.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had a miscommunication with a coworker.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Take it or leave it.

Applications Analyst Interview

Applications Analyst
Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Roper St. Francis Healthcare in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applies for an AA position in mid-May 2012. Contacted for phone interview/screening (1 hour), which went well, and I was scheduled for an on-site interview in mid-June. The on-site interview went very well, lasted 2.5 hours and I was told I would be scheduled for a 'peer interview' the next week. That was some 'week'. It lasted 38 days! I contacted HR and was told I was still being considered, and to be patient. On day 38, I received the dreaded "we're sorry but another candidate has been chosen..." phone call. No explanation. I pressed the hiring Director and HR person for any kind of justification for the rejection, and I was told I didn't have the right kind of experience. That was a shock! I had been told for 3.5 hours of contact with the hiring Director that I was just the kind of candidate that he had success in hiring in the past - now after 38 days I wasn't qualified. I tried to get further explanations, but the HR person basically told me not to bother them any longer, the decision was final. I'm not local to Charleston, SC and I made a considerable effort to attend the on-site meeting and I feel I was just given a pretty rude brush off. I guess with a glut of candidates for each job, employers like RSFH can string job seekers along until they get exactly what they are looking for and then dump the pending candidates. Beware folks, that read this, beware.

Interview Question – The on-site interview was supposed to follow a 'Situation/Task Action Result" methodology, but the hiring Director said he was going to dispense with that based on my experience and he would "fill out the forms later". When I asked after the rejection which specfic S/TAR responses, led to my rejection, that's when I was told not to bother RSFH HR any more the hiring decision was final. Something isn't right about that, but I need to warn other job seekers, don't invest alot of time or travel for a RSFH interview, it's not worth it.   Answer Question

Applications Analyst Interview

Applications Analyst
Charleston, SC

The process took a day - interviewed at Roper St. Francis Healthcare in March 2012.

Interview Details – First had a phone interview. Then was invited for an on-site interview. I am not local and had to travel 700 miles for interview. The on-site interview consisted of a 1-1 interview for an hour, then a group/panel interview. Everyone was very kind and seemed like a great place to work for. Interview wen't extremely well, I was told I'd hear back within a couple of days and left with a very confident feeling. A couple days went by, no answer. Couple weeks went by, no answer. I followed up with HR a couple times and finally TWO MONTHS later I found out I did not get the job. Found out because the HR lady (who is extremely kind and helpful) went out of her way to see the interviewer in person and ask if they were going to hire me or not.
I'm not upset that I did not get the job (bummed, yes a little) but I am mad that I traveled so far and spent a LOT of money to be there for this interview, to then be ignored and lied to in the end. Unfortunately because of that, it will be the last time I apply for this hospital.

Very Easy Interview

Coding and Data Quality Specialist Interview

Coding and Data Quality Specialist
Charleston, SC

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Roper St. Francis Healthcare in July 2010.

Interview Details – Very slow process... When I did finally get the call for an interview it was very unprofessional. The recruiter sat there with my resume and basically said, "huh...I don't think you are really qualified, I don't know if the manager will want to speak with you." I was asked to wait outside while she made the phone call to the manager. I was in shock and started to just leave at that point but decided to see where this was going. The recruiter called me back in and said she could not reach the manager and just go ahead and go over to meet her. I was given about 10 minutes to make a trip that normally took 20 and when I left the building I really contemplated not going to meet the manager. I figured if the interview with HR was this bad, what in the world was the company like. I went, I ended up taking the job, I ended up leaving the job after about a year.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation allowed. They have a "set amount" they offer you based on a minimum and a maximum. You would think you would land in the middle as an average, but you don't.

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Roper St. Francis Healthcare.

Interview Details – Its a long process ...weeks and weeks with no response from HR. Initial phone interview with HR, then HR interview, then hiring manager interview ...then peer interview with more time in between all of those. After the group peer interview another week or so and HR will cal with a lowball offer. If you have gotten that fat there IS wiggle room ! Not too much but always ask a bit more than the offer!

Interview Question – "tell me a time when you know you made a mistake at work" ....ug   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate. I jumped at the first offer thinking that was it .... I was anxious after weeks of the process but I could have asked for AT LEAST 10% more to start!

Managed Care Reimbursement Coordinator Interview

Managed Care Reimbursement Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Roper St. Francis Healthcare in January 2008.

Interview Details – First screen presented over the phone indicating salary for position, second screening in person with HR agent, and manager of department. Last interview done with a panel of peers and managers, and it took about three weeks to hear something back.

Interview Question – Explain how you handle a difficult moment.   View Answer

Major Gifts Officer Interview

Major Gifts Officer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Roper St. Francis Healthcare in January 2010.

Interview Details – Met with the HR manager who gave me a verbal description of the position. Then we went to the dept. to meet with the Director. Knowing that I would be coming, the Director should have blocked out the time to meet with me but instead left early to go to a meeting. I had to call back and request a follow up meeting just so I could give my reasons for hiring me.

Interview Question – There weren't any unexpected questions.   View Answer

Worked for Roper St. Francis Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!