Rosenthal Collins Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rosenthal Collins

Director Interview

Interview

Phone call from senior management as I was a counter party to their negotiations on some contracts. Interviewed twice with multiple C-Level, individually and in groups. Was made a formal offerand and discussed possible starting dates which where quite flexible

Interview Questions

Negotiation

10 days and not too difficult

Director, Foreign Exchange Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rosenthal Collins (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Quick and with senior management/partners. Very results oriented from day 1. Sink or swim environment. Questions were relevant to how you fit into the groups of teams divided between sales, operations and management. Past experience on sales background and what I have achieved was fundamental.

Interview Questions

• What results are you expecting from this role? Why are the best person for this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room at all to negotiate a better financial package. Offer received after 2 weeks from first interview.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rosenthal Collins (Chicago, IL) in August 2008.

Interview

After an initial phone interview to get general questions answered (why this company/industry, strengths and weaknesses, etc), I was called in to meet with members of the development team. I was first interviewed by the Development Manager to ask and be asked questions about the position and my experience. Then, the Development Manager left and sent in a couple of the experienced developers working under him. They proceeded to do a quick technical interview, asking questions such as how I might solve a specific problem and questions to test my knowledge of the framework (.NET) and languages (C#, ASP.NET, etc). The next step of the process was a meeting with the Development Manager and CIO to discuss the systems in place, what the position would entail, whether I was prepared to work in the hectic environment of trading systems development, and salary.

Interview Questions

• How would you tackle a technical problem to which you don't know the solution.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked for my desired salary during the final interview. Being just out of college with 3 years experience in software development, I asked for the range of 60k-65k. I received a callback with an offer within the following days of 50k and an opportunity to re-negotiate for my desired range in six months pending a performance review. I accepted, and the result of the performance review six months later was a decline, stating that the 50k salary fit the position and my responsibilities, and was in line with similar positions in the area. Suggestion to interviewees: do not take an offer based on a future opportunity to get your desired range. If you have reasons for choosing a range, stick with it and don't give yourself the chance at marking your career path with a lower than desired salary, especially if it effects your motivation to perform in your job.