Rosetta Interview Questions in Cleveland, OH

Updated Mar 12, 2015

2.7

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rosetta (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I applied online. I got a call from a recruiter who transferred me to another recruiter to deal with my application. I then spoke to a Rosetta Solutions architect and then met the team for the group interview and presentation. The Rosetta office in Cleveland is very nice. Driving downtown and finding parking is bad and the garage next to the Rosetta office is always full. Even though the interview process is standard: phone screen and group interview, I did notice some issues:

1. Rosetta never keeps their time tables for interviews. I had one interviewer bail on me which meant that I had extra time to talk to one of the developers. He was pretty inexperienced in the interview process and didn't really know how to interview someone senior like me. The next interviewer came late which meant the entire group interview had to be rushed and hence my presentation was rushed.
    2. Apparently Rosetta posts positions on their website but lack details as to what they are looking for. When I applied, the first phone screen feedback was very positive and the person was impressed. During the interview process, however, I can tell that the "tone" of the interview was much different. They were looking for a candidate with a different set of skills.
    3. People appeared very rushed. Yes, Rosetta has numerous openings but it appears there is very little time to sit down for 3 hour long interviews. During my presentation, I can see the group asking me the same questions and were very inattentive.
    4. Last but not least, the interview process felt rushed and I felt that they are looking for a particular candidate (the purple squirrel) and not the one listed in the website.

In looking at prior feedback of people who applied to Rosetta, I do feel that Rosetta is a great company. However, with all the acquisitions, high turnover, changes in corporate culture, the company doesn't really know what it wants. Even with discussions with senior management (Partners or VPs), their competence is lacking when investigating and embracing newer technologies. The technology landscape is constantly changing and I had a sense, during the 3 hour interview, that they are still trying dealing with older technologies in their client engagements.

The feedback I got was not accurate. As an IT veteran who has made many presentation, I felt they were looking for an excuse not to hire an IT executive who has more skills, background, and education than they did.

Interview Questions

• Do a case study of ABC company. Present an e-commerce solution.   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply to Rosetta? How did you find this job?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rosetta (Cleveland, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with a manager. Afterwords, they had me come to their office in Cleveland. I met with a person for a technical interview with a few problems on the whiteboard. I met with someone who was in an HR position which was mostly to see how my personality would fit in with that of the company. Lastly, a person in the position I was applying for interviewed me and asked me questions about my course work and previous experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to Rosetta? ( I was asked this several times)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rosetta (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Two days after applied an internship position on their website, got an email for phone interview. It took 3 days to set up a date for the interview and then they cancelled the position few hours before the interview.

Senior Associate, Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Rosetta (Cleveland, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

First i was contacted by a LinkedIn recuiter. A few days later I scheduled a phone interview, then a day or two later I scheduled an in person interview to be held 2 week's later. When I arrived their were other interviewees there as well. We were all going to tame the interview at the same time just in different rooms and the interviewers would switch from room to room, 4-5 interviewers doing one on ones. My interviewers job levels ranged from senior level all the way up to associate partner. They all seemed like really cool people so you'd never know there level unless you asked. The interview went well. I was asked to code about 4-5 problems on the white board. It took about 3-5 minutes for each white board question. Other than the coding they just want to get to know you as a person so most of my questions revolved around myself. Like what I've done, why I chose the place, my goals and etc... as for the other interviewees their with me, I later found out they all got the jobs as well and they were not your competitors although they were developers as well. If you have a skill set that they like and they like you as a person than you should be fine just remember why they brought you their in the first place

Interview Questions

• Loop through a particular set of data probably an array of words and print out certain information. Then you'll be asked to reverse it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me a generous offer and they want you to accept in about 2-3 days. I negotiated for them to pay for a few expenses that's it.

Talent Acquisition Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Rosetta (Cleveland, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

I met a Rosetta employee who passed along my resume. I completed the online application (consisting of the usual information) and submitted my resume and cover letter. The next day I was contacted about my information and asked for an interview, which I happily agreed to. That went well, and the next step was a series of back-to-back half-hour interviews with three employees.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. Every interviewer was very interested in what I knew about the company. They probably wanted to make sure that I had done my research, which I had, so that part wasn't difficult either.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is my first internship, so I did not negotiate.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rosetta (Cleveland, OH) in December 2013.

Interview

I was first contacted after attending agency day at the office. First was the basic phone interview with HR, just common questions. After that was another phone interview with a manager. It was more basic behavior questions. I also got to ask more about the position. Next was an on site interview. I had one with two people, then another with two more. This was mostly questions based off my resume. What would you do in this situation, tell me about a time when...etc. After that was a quick chat with HR again to discuss a possible starting date and salary. Overall it was a great interview experience, very casual, not uptight at all. Everyone was very pleasant that I talked to.

Interview Questions

• What is the most creative thing you have ever done? Also the usual 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses. I always hate that question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. This is my first job out of college and I was pleased with the offer.

Senior Technical Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rosetta (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Initial phone interview to judge competency and ask some technical questions, then three 45-minute sessions with various associates. Typically a senior associate in your field and then a manager or director level, depending on the level you are interviewing for. Standard questions, but some interviewers tend to try to be more difficult depending on the person.

Negotiation

Small amount of negotiation possible, but you have to stay in the range of whatever level they hire you at.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Rosetta (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The whole process took a couple hours. I had two interviews. The first was about my familiarity with things related to the position. The second had more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the most creative thing that you have ever done?   Answer Question

Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rosetta (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Applied online. Scheduled a phone interview a week later. The recruiter asked some behavioral questions. Got rejected because of work authorization.

Software Development Junior Associate Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rosetta (Cleveland, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

First had a non-technical phone interview. Then another non-technical phone interview with a developer on the team, mostly about the environment at Rosetta and about my interests in programming. After that, I wen to the Cleveland office where I had two on-site interviews. First one was with a developer and was technical, with some simple html, javascript, css questions, and a few about some backend stuff. The second one was with a junior developer and it was pretty much just a conversation about my interests and we talked about a bunch of different web technologies we have both worked with. Overall, everyone that I talked to was great and very nice.

Interview Questions

• What are some ways to lower the size of a webpage   1 Answer