Rosetta Stone

Relevance Date Difficulty

Web Engineer Interview

Web Engineer

Interviewed at Rosetta Stone

Interview Details – So far, there was a technical interview (in person) and a preliminary salary interview. The people seem very open and friendly, and the office is spacious with lots of windows and neat designs. I recommend two things:
1. Brush up on your JavaScript using Codewars
2. Have a strong portfolio ready to show

Interview Question – There was a question about how to deal with a function that had three sets of parentheses instead of one. Example: doSomething( )( )( ) instead of the usual doSomething( )
I'd suggest looking up how to deal with that.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I put yes here because they have expressed strong interest, and I'm leaning towards accepting so far. However, nothing has been finalized yet.

Office Manager Interview

Office Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Rosetta Stone in April 2014.

Interview Details – Eight, is the total number of interviews I had for this job. I was contacted and initially interviewed (by phone) with a very nice Rosetta Stone recruiter. The next step consisted of two separate phone interviews with a potential supervising manager and another office manager. The final 5 interviews (3 in-person, 2 more by phone) were at the actual SF office, with more management.

Interview Question – I was not asked any difficult or unexpected questions. They were very standard interview questions, except for multiple questions, from each manager, regarding how I could boost employee morale, which should have been a clue.   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Manager, Global Benefits Interview

Senior Human Resources Manager, Global Benefits
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rosetta Stone in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process started out rocky because my phone interview was canceled three times before I was able to connect with the hiring manager.

I was invited to fly to the Arlington, VA office to interview and it went very well. However, when was offered the job they matched my current salary and did not offer any relocation money. I declined the offer because I was looking to increase my salary instead of moving to a new company in a higher cost of living area.

This ultimately was a waste of my time and their money (they paid for air and hotel) since they only offered me the same salary I was already making. I told the recruiter upfront what my salary was so I don't understand why we went through the process only for them to offer the same salary.

Interview Question – The interview process was fine.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The salary offer was the same as my current salary and they did not offer relocation.

Bilingual Spanish-Spain Customer Relations Associate Interview

Bilingual Spanish-Spain Customer Relations Associate
Rosslyn, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rosetta Stone in December 2013.

Interview Details – I received an emailed looking to set up a phone call about two positions with the head of the Customer Success division. We had a very casual conversation about the positions and my preferences. He then referred me on to another member of the team for a more formal phone interview. I was then asked to come into the headquarters in Rosslyn for an in-person interview. They asked me several questions (all very casual and conversational), and had me respond to a few pages of customer concerns in Spanish (to test my Spanish). I also had a spur-of-the-moment phone interview the next day with one employee higher up on the corporate chain that the two with whom I had my in-person interview (she had some emergency and was not able to be at the actual interview). I also had a very quick and easy "Voice Test" over the phone to test my spoken Spanish. Everyone was incredibly nice and I truly felt a connection to the company and as though they were really invested in finding someone who met all of the criteria and fit in well with the team. As a dynamic team, they really care about finding compatible personalities! I feel like really made friends throughout the process and I could see myself having a blast working with them. Excellent culture. I received my offer almost two weeks later (after I followed up to ask about the hold-up). They asked me to start within a week.

Interview Question – 3 best qualities, 3 worst qualities   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was incredibly torn between this position and another offer I received. I ended up going with the other one because it also provided great experience and opportunities, while having a much more normal work schedule (this Rosetta position was practically in the middle of the night because I would have been working with Spain).

Coach Manager/Operations Manager Interview

Coach Manager/Operations Manager
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Rosetta Stone in July 2010.

Interview Details – This organization does take some time to get you through the interview process. This can mean multiple phone/skype interviews and at least one full day, if not two days, of on site interviews. Be flexible and tech savvy to impress and get through this process.

Interview Question – You might be asked to discuss your work and education history back all the way to high school. This will be extremely detailed questions, so be sure that you have notes and a complete history of your work and education.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short and sweet.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Harrisonburg, VA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Rosetta Stone in June 2012.

Interview Details – Was an outside contractor and hired into the company to fulfill an ongoing need.

Interview Question – If you were in charge, how would you handle this?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offered me a salaried position and I accepted.

Very Difficult Interview

Customer Care Agent Interview

Customer Care Agent

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Rosetta Stone in May 2010.

Interview Details – It can take up to a month to hear back before and after an interview. I had to go through 3 2 person panel interviews. Make sure that you have specific examples.

Interview Question – 3 biggest weaknesses. Make sure you answer them, but don't provide weaknesses that apply to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary wasn't very negotiable.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rosetta Stone in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and was called for an interview with the manager. Very casual. Talked about what I was looking for and was given a run down on what the job duties would be. Filled out some paper work and was called a few days later after the background check went through.

Interview Question – None. Very casual interview.   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Rosetta Stone in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was a bit impersonal. We were not a mutual fit.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rosetta Stone.

Interview Details – One quick phone interview, then was brought in for a face-to-face interview. The manager wanted to know what my experience has been in language learning (if I could relate to customers who wanted to learn another language), my goals working for Rosetta Stone, my goals in life (to see if I was a goal-setter). Both interviews were quick and painless. I was called the next week with an offer.

Interview Question – Who is Rosetta Stone's competitors? Why do you think Rosetta Stone is the best option for language learners?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Wasn't able to negotiate. It was $11/hr plus great commission.

Worked for Rosetta Stone? Contribute to the Community!