Rosetta Stone Interview Questions

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rosslyn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rosetta Stone.

The process was fairly drawn out. Met with multiple people from the Finance Department and departments that I woudl support

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rosetta Stone.

A day long interview consisting of an independent programming test followed by multiple interviews with multiple senior developers and management. You are asked all sorts of questions to make sure you understand the basics like data types, linked lists, sorting, etc all the way up to advanced questions on design patterns and algorithm design.

The entire process took a few weeks with large periods of not hearing anything. The company loses a lot of potentially good candidates because the hiring process is too slow.

Interview Questions
    • Multiple programming questions about a wide variety of topics. You will be asked anything from logic puzzles to whiteboard algorithm questions to database designs.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I was offered a base salary and bonus, and I took the offer.

Director of Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Rosetta Stone in April 2013.

Initial contact made by HR. Very disappointed in the level of HR professionalism from the start! Error-plagued emails, confusion over time and title, etc. At one point the HR recruiter missed our appointment time. When I emailed her after 15 minutes, she responded immediately that she'd been in a meeting and unable to get away. Good morning sweetie! Did I wake you up?

Luckily, once you get past HR, if you are really patient--I went a couple months between rounds--you will get to someone better. The leadership that I spoke with were very knowledgable and professional marketers. Not the friendliest types of folks, but I think that is a reflection of the difficult culture at the company.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't make it to the final round--for reasons still unclear to me--but there were no unexpected questions that I recall. In retrospect, I should have been more dismissive of the challenges of the role. In other words, management wants someone that can come in and instantly take over (presumably, so they don't have to do as much). Obviously, this is not realistic--there is ALWAYS a learning curve. In short, don't be humble! Act like you have all the answers and you'll get further.   Answer Question

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Rosetta Stone in December 2010.

The experience was very intense and it was four months from my initial submission of my resume to my start date. I applied online with my resume and a few writing samples. They got back to me and two weeks later I had a phone interview with the manager of the team. Then two weeks later I had another phone interview with two of the team members. Then a few weeks after that I had seven hours of interviews with every member of the team. It was another few weeks before I got the offer and I didn't negotiate much because I was pleased with it. It was another month before my start date. They did not provide any useful information when I moved there, and I ended up moving three times in the first year trying to find a suitable arrangement.

Interview Questions
    • One of the men interviewing me asked me to demo a lesson for teaching kindergarten EFL right there on the spot. I had otherwise prepared very thoroughly for the interview, but that question was totally unexpected. I quickly showed him how I explained the different between present tense and present continuous, and demonstrated an activity for practice.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I felt like the compensation was fair for the position, and the job was in a small town where the cost of living was lower. And on top of the other benefits like PTO, insurance, and 401k, I was satisfied.

Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rosslyn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Rosetta Stone in March 2013.

My prospective manager was pushy and aggressive. She seemed interested only in her agenda and was impatient when I asked questions (about 7 questions in total) about the job. I politely declined moving forward in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember. None of their questions were difficult to answer. No surprises.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Rosetta Stone in March 2013.

i was informed to have a call interview after sending out my resume a week. The recruiter was nice and professional. She asked my salary expectation and how much I made in my previous job in details. After the interview she told me that they my not be able to move forward my application.

Interview Questions
    • They really focus on knowing your salary expectation. If you really want to work for this company, you may need to make sure not to ask too high salary.   Answer Question

Search Engine Marketer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Rosetta Stone in February 2012.

Job was posted for some time - delays with the holidays. Two HR phone interviews, director video Skype interview, then they flew final four to HQ (on separate days). They put us up at the hotel right across the street - covering food, travel and room.

Full day interview. Met with last SEM for a half hour. Met with another digital marketer for a half hour. Had lunch with the team. Met with marketing manager and director for another round. Then left to work on 3 questions / problems to present to the team of about 8 at the end of the day.

Great team environment. The lunch time discussion showed their passion for (internet) marketing. Everyone seemed to really love their work.

While I had enough skill and passion to get to the final four - clearly I lacked enough experience with monthly ad spends of their size :(

Interview Questions
    • They left me with 3 questions / problems:
      1) Create sample email - Replying to trade show vendor
      2) Create a "sample" FB ad for Mothers day :)
      3) Given a set of PPC data - optimize for various conditions (More clicks / ROI / etc)
        Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Rosetta Stone in July 2011.

A manager from one of my former jobs had a girlfriend who was a manager at Rosetta Stone. I was lucky in that I didn't have to submit an application until about three months after I started. She called me for the interview off her boyfriend's referral and offered me the job after we talked for a few minutes and found that we got along well. A few months later she left the company for a better position and was replaced. I'm not sure how the typical hiring process is.

Interview Questions
    Find out the straight facts about commission. I managed to get hired at $9 an hour when other associates were making less. Just be friendly and confident.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 7 months - interviewed at Rosetta Stone in December 2009.

This process took forever and they utilized a top grading process for all positions. People were very dedicated and happy to be working at Rosetta Stone, you could tell they guarded their culture closely. Depending on the position you will interview with several levels above an below you, your references and former employees will be checked and asked for a review of your performance. Be honest in the interview as fuzzy edges are not seen positively. Great place to work, great fast pace once you get started.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest failure in your career, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Your salary will dictate your responsibilities. If you negotiate aggressively be prepared for responsibilities in line with your compensation.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Rosetta Stone in July 2009.

I found the ad for the job on craigslist. I applied by emailing a resume and cover letter. They called me the following week and we set up a phone interview. I was interviewed by four people from Rosetta Stone. They asked me about my experiences overseas and as a journalist. They also questioned my willingness to relocate for the job, as I live about a two-hour driving commute from their offices.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to relocate for the job?   View Answer