Rosetta Stone Interview Questions

2.8

Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rosetta Stone in March 2013.

My prospective manager was pushy and aggressive. She seemed interested only in her agenda and was impatient when I asked questions (about 7 questions in total) about the job. I politely declined moving forward in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember. None of their questions were difficult to answer. No surprises.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Rosetta Stone in June 2012.

Was an outside contractor and hired into the company to fulfill an ongoing need.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in charge, how would you handle this?   View Answer
    Offered me a salaried position and I accepted.

Search Engine Marketer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Rosetta Stone in February 2012.

Job was posted for some time - delays with the holidays. Two HR phone interviews, director video Skype interview, then they flew final four to HQ (on separate days). They put us up at the hotel right across the street - covering food, travel and room.

Full day interview. Met with last SEM for a half hour. Met with another digital marketer for a half hour. Had lunch with the team. Met with marketing manager and director for another round. Then left to work on 3 questions / problems to present to the team of about 8 at the end of the day.

Great team environment. The lunch time discussion showed their passion for (internet) marketing. Everyone seemed to really love their work.

While I had enough skill and passion to get to the final four - clearly I lacked enough experience with monthly ad spends of their size :(

Interview Questions
    • They left me with 3 questions / problems:
      1) Create sample email - Replying to trade show vendor
      2) Create a "sample" FB ad for Mothers day :)
      3) Given a set of PPC data - optimize for various conditions (More clicks / ROI / etc)
        Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rosetta Stone in July 2011.

A manager from one of my former jobs had a girlfriend who was a manager at Rosetta Stone. I was lucky in that I didn't have to submit an application until about three months after I started. She called me for the interview off her boyfriend's referral and offered me the job after we talked for a few minutes and found that we got along well. A few months later she left the company for a better position and was replaced. I'm not sure how the typical hiring process is.

Interview Questions
    Find out the straight facts about commission. I managed to get hired at $9 an hour when other associates were making less. Just be friendly and confident.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rosetta Stone in January 2011.

I went through 4 phone interviews, and 2 on site interviews. Two of the phone interviews were technical and one included a live programming exercise. The first one site interview was very technical and also included a live programming exercise, and the 2nd interview was a 3 hour Topgrading behavioral interview. I had to pay a pretty high parking fee for both on site interviews for which I was not reimbursed. I heard nothing but positive things from throughout the interview process. A week or two after the last interview I hadn't heard from them and when I reached out they asked for a portfolio, something which isn't really normal in my field. After all of this, they didn't even have the courtesy to call me or email me in person that I was denied. They just sent me a form email. I was floored...

Interview Questions
    • There were some ACM technical problems I had to solve on the first on site interview. This was a live coding exercise in the language of my choice.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rosetta Stone in January 2011.

the hiring process was pretty easy. just seem enthusiastic to sale the product and show that you can reach quotas. look professional, clean and personable. you'll get the job.

minimum wage plus commission

Customer Care Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Rosetta Stone in January 2011.

The interview was a bit impersonal. We were not a mutual fit.

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Rosetta Stone in December 2010.

The experience was very intense and it was four months from my initial submission of my resume to my start date. I applied online with my resume and a few writing samples. They got back to me and two weeks later I had a phone interview with the manager of the team. Then two weeks later I had another phone interview with two of the team members. Then a few weeks after that I had seven hours of interviews with every member of the team. It was another few weeks before I got the offer and I didn't negotiate much because I was pleased with it. It was another month before my start date. They did not provide any useful information when I moved there, and I ended up moving three times in the first year trying to find a suitable arrangement.

Interview Questions
    • One of the men interviewing me asked me to demo a lesson for teaching kindergarten EFL right there on the spot. I had otherwise prepared very thoroughly for the interview, but that question was totally unexpected. I quickly showed him how I explained the different between present tense and present continuous, and demonstrated an activity for practice.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I felt like the compensation was fair for the position, and the job was in a small town where the cost of living was lower. And on top of the other benefits like PTO, insurance, and 401k, I was satisfied.

Vice President, Investor Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rosetta Stone in July 2010.

Interviewed with the company inspite of the fact that two senior managers had recently resigned. Great first telephone interview with HR which lead to a video Skype interview with the soon-to-be-departed CFO. After having a good interview with him and having been told by the recruiter that I would hear from her three days later, I followed up with her after three days had passed. She asked me what went wrong, that the CFO said that I lacked energy. How can one assess energy from a small screen on one's computer?! What happened to the days when companies had the courtesy to have a face-to-face interview where they could truly judge a candidate's energy?

Coach Manager/Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Rosetta Stone in July 2010.

This organization does take some time to get you through the interview process. This can mean multiple phone/skype interviews and at least one full day, if not two days, of on site interviews. Be flexible and tech savvy to impress and get through this process.

Interview Questions
    • You might be asked to discuss your work and education history back all the way to high school. This will be extremely detailed questions, so be sure that you have notes and a complete history of your work and education.   Answer Question
    Short and sweet.