Rosewood Hotels & Resorts

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operating Department Manager Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts in February 2012.

Interview Details – Slow. Took a long time for them to get organized and set up my three interviews. There was at least a full week in between each contact. The people I interviewed with were nice, however. Specifically the final interview with the Hotel's Managing Director (at the time). This individual was personable, friendly and knew what they were talking about in relation to my area of expertise. Unfortunately, this person is no longer with the company. I would not do so well with the person who is now in charge, I'm sure.

Interview Question – I was asked if I had a resolution or "secret formula" to deal with a particular group of staff that have particular behaviors, attitudes and expectations. It wasn't really a difficult or unexpected question, but more so one that there really is no answer for because there is no "secret formula". This particular group of people are some of the most unique and difficult people to work with and I've experienced the same thing in each and every place where I have held this position. I was not able to provide an answer that was not something that had already been tried. My interviewer understood (the Managing Director) as they knew the type of people I would be dealing with and were familiar with the ongoing issues in working with them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because at the time I was just very happy to be getting a job.

SPA Manager Interview

Menlo Park, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was called and clearly pre-screened in the initial contact. I was then sent a link to an online skill assessment and personality test.
About 5 days later I was contacted by the hotel HR rep who scheduled me for an interview. Once on site I interviewed with 4 managers one on one.
I was then brought back in to meet with the 2 senior leaders and the director of sales
One week later I was offered the position over the phone with the contingency of passing a credit check, background check and drug test.
The drug test took 5 days to come back and I was formally offered the position.

Interview Question – I was told the previous management was disliked and had been forced out by the current team. I was asked how I would address the issues within the team and gain their trust.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The pay scale was borderline insulting and not in line with the market or my experience.
I felt they were taking advantage of the downturn in the Spa job market

SPA Attendant Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview wasn't bad. Interviewers (dept head) was over an hour late to my interview due to some sort of crisis. Interview took ANOTHER hour at least. Asked basic questions, like how would I deal with a guest? Got a call the next day to go in and meet with HR. All she was telling me was that I had been hired. Had to do a background cehck and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What are three ways the company can show you you are valueable?   View Answer
  • Tell us why you think you would do a good job here.   Answer Question

Night Auditor Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview Details – Online application and short assessment questionnaire at end of application process. A call is placed to set time and place for interview. Initial meet is with Human Resources, then to department manager, then to Directing Manager (otherwise known as General Manager) if needed. Basic and standard interview questions. All parties were very nice and had a great attitude.

Interview Question – Unexpected Question: Are you willing to take refresher courses?   Answer Question

Esthetician Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts in April 2009.

Interview Details – Met with HR for 1:1 interview, then met with spa director and then performed a facial on the spa leader.

Interview Question – Will you perform brazilian waxing   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i was given an offer letter listing pay, no negotiation.

Purchasing Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts in October 2009.

Interview Details – I found the job through a friend who got me an interview. They asked me what experiences I had and what I could offer to the company if hired. I reviewed my past experiences and what I could offer ibn the future of the company. I received an offer and revieewed it over several days. A bonus plan was not given.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if faced with a physical abuse claim?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if two employees were using violence against one another.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent

The process took a day - interviewed at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts in September 2009.

Interview Details – I met with the HR manager, the front desk manager, then the managing director. All were very nice and really wanted to get to know me and my work ethic. They wanted to know my hobbies, where I came from etc. because they want to make sure you can interact with guests.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a guest complaint?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Rosewood Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Rosewood Hotels & Resorts employees and interview candidates.