Ross Stores

Getting the Interview

23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seminole, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2010.

Interview Details – Had a interview with store manager, then with the district manager. After I was hired I had 3 weeks of training in another store, so when I got to the store I would be able to do my job and have the associates confidence that I was able to performer my job. The culture of the company is all about respect, not just for your customers, but for the associates as well. I don't remember in my 3 years at Ross did a supervisor ever talk down to me. Don't get me wrong they do expect you to perform your job, but they have an excellent training program. It was a great company to work for. If you make your goal each month there were always rewards, pizza party's, gift cards and not just for the management team associates were always eligible as well.

Negotiation Details – They bring assistant managers in as hourly , but assistants get 5 hours over time each week. So when you go in and they tell you its an hourly position don't freak out. You come up with a yearly salary and they convert it into an hourly rate including your over time.

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in January 2013.

Interview Details – Basically they were recruiting on my campus so thought I would give it a shot. Why not? After first round, I got into the next round and they brought me to a Ross Store to interview me more. Wasn't very professional about it.

Interview Question – nothing to be honest. It's all your typical interview questions like "tell a time when you had to overcome a problem"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in July 2011.

Interview Details – Three different interviews. First interview is in person with the Store Manager. Second interview with the District Manager. Third interview is over the phone with HR.

Interview Question – What could an interviewer say that would disqualify them for the position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation but the offer was good.

Eugene, OR

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ross Stores in November 2013.

Interview Details – In person on college campus, Next stage was interview with two managers at local ross store

Interview Question – Give an example of when you had to solve a problem with a team   Answer Question

Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details – I was a college recruit that went through a uniquely different interview process

Interview Question – Basic questions   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details – They had interviews at a recruiting office.

Interview Question – Questions were fairly basic behavioral base questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered a salary and I was comfortable accepting it.

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Ross Stores in September 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out the application and submitted my resume online, about 1 week later I was contacted by a recruiter and instructed me to go to a job fair to interview and meet with the different District Managers. I had a four different interviews with four different District Managers all with similar questions

Interview Question – There weren't any just basic questions for any management interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, they give you an offer and you either accept or not

Interviewed at Ross Stores

Interview Details – Interviewd with HR and Store manager general questions nothing out of the ordinary

Interview Question – what is your weakest   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – better offer elsewhere

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details – Applied on line. A week later I got a call from the store manager to come in for an interview. Before the interview, I went online to Glassdoor.com and looked up salary range for the position I was interviewing for. The cap on the salary was well below what I was currently making. I had put my salary requirements on the cover letter, which was not read or was ignored by the store manager in this process. I called and cancelled the interview.

Interview Question – During the phone interview, I was asked if I would be interested in the assistant store manager position. I had applied for the store manager position. I agreed I might be interested.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details – You will interview with a Store Manager before you interview with a DM. Then you will interview with the Regional VP. Talking about development internally and externally. The focust of team deveolpment, customer service, accountability and conflict management.

Interview Question – How do you deveolp your team?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ross Stores

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ross Stores Assistant Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ross Stores employees and interview candidates.