Ross Stores Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.6

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Estero, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Estero, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2014.

After submitting my application, resume' and references online, I finally received a call to come in for an interview a month later. The store manager was very positive about the company, however, she was not ready for me at agreed time. I was also told that I would hear back in a week, regardless of outcome. I never heard back and it has been over a month. Very disappointing.

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seminole, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seminole, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2010.

Had a interview with store manager, then with the district manager. After I was hired I had 3 weeks of training in another store, so when I got to the store I would be able to do my job and have the associates confidence that I was able to performer my job. The culture of the company is all about respect, not just for your customers, but for the associates as well. I don't remember in my 3 years at Ross did a supervisor ever talk down to me. Don't get me wrong they do expect you to perform your job, but they have an excellent training program. It was a great company to work for. If you make your goal each month there were always rewards, pizza party's, gift cards and not just for the management team associates were always eligible as well.

They bring assistant managers in as hourly , but assistants get 5 hours over time each week. So when you go in and they tell you its an hourly position don't freak out. You come up with a yearly salary and they convert it into an hourly rate including your over time.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in January 2013.

Basically they were recruiting on my campus so thought I would give it a shot. Why not? After first round, I got into the next round and they brought me to a Ross Store to interview me more. Wasn't very professional about it.

Interview Questions
    • nothing to be honest. It's all your typical interview questions like "tell a time when you had to overcome a problem"   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in July 2011.

Three different interviews. First interview is in person with the Store Manager. Second interview with the District Manager. Third interview is over the phone with HR.

Interview Questions
    • What could an interviewer say that would disqualify them for the position?   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiation but the offer was good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ross Stores in November 2013.

In person on college campus, Next stage was interview with two managers at local ross store

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you had to solve a problem with a team   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ross Stores.

I was a college recruit that went through a uniquely different interview process

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Ross Stores.

They had interviews at a recruiting office.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly basic behavioral base questions.   Answer Question
    They offered a salary and I was comfortable accepting it.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ross Stores in September 2011.

I filled out the application and submitted my resume online, about 1 week later I was contacted by a recruiter and instructed me to go to a job fair to interview and meet with the different District Managers. I had a four different interviews with four different District Managers all with similar questions

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any just basic questions for any management interview   Answer Question
    No, they give you an offer and you either accept or not

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interviewd with HR and Store manager general questions nothing out of the ordinary

better offer elsewhere

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Applied on line. A week later I got a call from the store manager to come in for an interview. Before the interview, I went online to Glassdoor.com and looked up salary range for the position I was interviewing for. The cap on the salary was well below what I was currently making. I had put my salary requirements on the cover letter, which was not read or was ignored by the store manager in this process. I called and cancelled the interview.

Interview Questions
    • During the phone interview, I was asked if I would be interested in the assistant store manager position. I had applied for the store manager position. I agreed I might be interested.   Answer Question

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!