Ross Stores Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.6

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Estero, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Estero, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores in May 2014.

After submitting my application, resume' and references online, I finally received a call to come in for an interview a month later. The store manager was very positive about the company, however, she was not ready for me at agreed time. I was also told that I would hear back in a week, regardless of outcome. I never heard back and it has been over a month. Very disappointing.

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ross Stores.

I was a college recruit that went through a uniquely different interview process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ross Stores in November 2013.

In person on college campus, Next stage was interview with two managers at local ross store

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you had to solve a problem with a team   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ross Stores.

They had interviews at a recruiting office.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly basic behavioral base questions.   Answer Question
    They offered a salary and I was comfortable accepting it.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interviewd with HR and Store manager general questions nothing out of the ordinary

better offer elsewhere

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ross Stores.

Applied on line. A week later I got a call from the store manager to come in for an interview. Before the interview, I went online to Glassdoor.com and looked up salary range for the position I was interviewing for. The cap on the salary was well below what I was currently making. I had put my salary requirements on the cover letter, which was not read or was ignored by the store manager in this process. I called and cancelled the interview.

Interview Questions
    • During the phone interview, I was asked if I would be interested in the assistant store manager position. I had applied for the store manager position. I agreed I might be interested.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ross Stores.

You will interview with a Store Manager before you interview with a DM. Then you will interview with the Regional VP. Talking about development internally and externally. The focust of team deveolpment, customer service, accountability and conflict management.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores.

first interview at school career center, then interview at a selected store. Only two rounds. Pretty straight forwrad.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores in January 2013.

Basically they were recruiting on my campus so thought I would give it a shot. Why not? After first round, I got into the next round and they brought me to a Ross Store to interview me more. Wasn't very professional about it.

Interview Questions
    • nothing to be honest. It's all your typical interview questions like "tell a time when you had to overcome a problem"   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ross Stores in December 2012.

Through college recruiting, first interview was a 2 part interview at my school, first with two local store managers, then into another room with someone from corporate recruiting. Was told that o passed the first round and asked to fill out online application and questionnaire.
    The second interview was also a two part interview and aim with store managers and then a one on one with the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult, do your homework and know the company and have all your basic answers ready   Answer Question
    No negotiation, accept or decline. Decent starting pay.