Ross Stores

Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores.

Asked fair questions about retail, clothing store experience, honesty, etc. The store manager and an assistant manager interviewed me quickly. I was super overqualified for this position, so it was no problem to answer a few simple hypothetical situations and questions.

Interview Questions
There was no negotiation. This was for my 2nd job and I've had over a decade of retail and customer service, yet I wasn't even started at $8 per hour.

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Osage Beach, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Osage Beach, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores in September 2012.

I applied online for the store that is opening in my area. I was called back the next day and went for an interview. The interview went very well. the manager and assistant manager were both easy to get a long with. The interview consisted of general retail type questions as well as questions based on the evaluation I took online. I thought the interview went very well and was even told "welcome aboard". This was dependent on a background check. I received a call from the background check company within a few days. After one week, I called the manager to check on the status of my application and he said the background check was still "pending". I have never received the background check information in the mail, so I do not feel the results were used against me in any way. I have never received another call.

Interview Questions
    • How did I handle a specific instance of an unhappy customer?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores in May 2012.

Submitted an online application and had one interview with the assistant manager. Basic interview asking why you want to work there, what you can bring to the table, etc. I didn't have to take any tests and they only did a background check for felonies. This was hands down the easiest interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions
    • There really wan't a hard aspect of the interview process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores in May 2010.

applied online, then i was contacted by phone to see if i wanted and interview for that same day. once i got there i was explained the job offer was for a part time and seasonal position that then could result in a secured part time position based on my performance, minimum wage. i accepted this. then i was scheduled for work in the next 3 days and i got about 16 to 19 hours a week.

Interview Questions
    they were upfront about the type of work and the pay so it was a take it or leave it situation

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores.

I applied online and a manager called me about 3 days later setting up an interview for the next day. The first interview was a group interview and very short. That same night a different manager called to set up a second interview for two days later . It was supposed to be one on one interview but they called another person back with me. This was also short. This is my first job with no experience. I sent both managers thank you letters after the interview. They called me about 2 weeks later saying I got the job. Orientation was about 4 hours

Interview Questions
    We were told minimum wage during interview

Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ross Stores in March 2010.

Filled the application online, and got a call a week after. I went in and was greeted by the assistant manager, who was nice. Did the interview and was asked the basic behavioral questions and past experience. I was then introduced by the manager who was even nicer and was asked the same questions. Overall the process was average.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate, minimum wage.