Ross Stores

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Livermore, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted an online application and had one interview with the assistant manager. Basic interview asking why you want to work there, what you can bring to the table, etc. I didn't have to take any tests and they only did a background check for felonies. This was hands down the easiest interview I've ever had.

Interview Question – There really wan't a hard aspect of the interview process.   Answer Question

Osage Beach, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online for the store that is opening in my area. I was called back the next day and went for an interview. The interview went very well. the manager and assistant manager were both easy to get a long with. The interview consisted of general retail type questions as well as questions based on the evaluation I took online. I thought the interview went very well and was even told "welcome aboard". This was dependent on a background check. I received a call from the background check company within a few days. After one week, I called the manager to check on the status of my application and he said the background check was still "pending". I have never received the background check information in the mail, so I do not feel the results were used against me in any way. I have never received another call.

Interview Question – How did I handle a specific instance of an unhappy customer?   View Answer

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2010.

Interview Details – applied online, then i was contacted by phone to see if i wanted and interview for that same day. once i got there i was explained the job offer was for a part time and seasonal position that then could result in a secured part time position based on my performance, minimum wage. i accepted this. then i was scheduled for work in the next 3 days and i got about 16 to 19 hours a week.

Interview Question – why was i unemployed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they were upfront about the type of work and the pay so it was a take it or leave it situation

Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details – I applied online and a manager called me about 3 days later setting up an interview for the next day. The first interview was a group interview and very short. That same night a different manager called to set up a second interview for two days later . It was supposed to be one on one interview but they called another person back with me. This was also short. This is my first job with no experience. I sent both managers thank you letters after the interview. They called me about 2 weeks later saying I got the job. Orientation was about 4 hours

Interview Question – Who is the most dependable person in your life?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We were told minimum wage during interview

Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Ross Stores in March 2010.

Interview Details – Filled the application online, and got a call a week after. I went in and was greeted by the assistant manager, who was nice. Did the interview and was asked the basic behavioral questions and past experience. I was then introduced by the manager who was even nicer and was asked the same questions. Overall the process was average.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate, minimum wage.

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!