Ross Stores Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Garland, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got called for an interview the very next day m. Got asked questions from the manager, called me in for a second interview w/ the second manager, got the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I applied two weeks before I got a call back. The interview was a group interview then individually. I was the last to be interviewed and the manager asked me two questions and then ended it. I totally thought that I didn't get it but then I got an email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Pearland, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

This was a store opening, so I had to deal with the noise of constructions crews working while we interviewed in the empty store. The interview was very easy, the manager explained the chain of command, gave me a little background on the store, then asked questions about my experience and how I would handle situations. The process was pretty relaxed, but not informal. Some questions: Why do you want to work here? What did you love and what did you hate about your last job? How would you keep yourself motivated doing a repetitive boring task (like putting items back on shelf)? How would you deal with things if the store was messy and children were running around? Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult person and how did you handle it? What is your availability for each day of the week?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a person that you would describe as dependable.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Applied online for another store location, but this one called me in for a interview. I went to the interview and the manager was so busy with ringing customers that we had to reschedule. I debated coming back because it was a long drive, but I had worked for Ross before and knew that it was a good company. I came back and was interviewed by two managers, as soon as I said that I had worked for Ross before and which location, they were hooked. I was hired on the spot!...The only downfall in the hiring process is their background checks takes about 2 weeks (that's long!) Also if you want to transfer to a different store you have to be with the company for 6 months, if not you have to apply all over.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to strenuous. Background experience, what do you like about Ross?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotition

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Reading, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview was very quick and easy. Just show a bubbly and friendly personality and you are very likely to get the job. The manager talked much about the store and his role and contribution to the store which made it easier for me since I did not have to speak as much.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not much room for negotiation since they were looking for someone specific.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I received a call within 30 minutes of putting in the application. He called me and set the interview for the following Monday, I showed up early, he seemed happy with all of my answers and questions. I was told I would receive a call on the following Friday no matter if I got the job or not. I never received said call, called them multiple times and got the run around. Was told by his under manager that he had to ask him as they hadn't communicated who they were and were not hiring yet... It is now Tuesday... 4 days after and still they say they have to speak to the manager so as to know what they decided, Very disorganized,

Interview Questions

• What would you say was the worst customer you've ever had to endure?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2013.

Interview

I submitted my application online.. about a month later I received a call from the HR department seeking a face-to-face interview. I went in, the manager asked me questions like "explain how your skills would be useful in this environment" and "tell me about when you dealt with a difficult customer". I was told that I would receive the job but never got a phone call. It was a simple and straightforward process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Miami, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

not as well as i expected.i thought it would be a bit more welcoming.on the contrary i felt very awkward and disliked it very much. i havent applied for any other position since.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2013.

Interview

They ask questions like why do you want to work at Ross? Do you understand that this is a part time position. Have you ever worked in retail? That's it. They actually don't ask that many questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to shop at Ross?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores in April 2013.

Interview

I had applied online and I got called a week later. The manager asked me if I could come in for an interview at 3 pm the next day. I then agreed to go after school for the interview. They had me wait in the break room for about 15 minutes before one of the assistant managers called me into her office. The interview itself was pretty straightforward with questions like "Where do you see yourself in 5 years". After the questions she talked about my availability and how I was going to balance school with work. She then offered me the job and told me when to come in for training.

Interview Questions

• If a coworker did something wrong and you got blamed for it, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, starting pay is minimum wage.