Ross Stores Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.2

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Applied online for another store location, but this one called me in for a interview. I went to the interview and the manager was so busy with ringing customers that we had to reschedule. I debated coming back because it was a long drive, but I had worked for Ross before and knew that it was a good company. I came back and was interviewed by two managers, as soon as I said that I had worked for Ross before and which location, they were hooked. I was hired on the spot!...The only downfall in the hiring process is their background checks takes about 2 weeks (that's long!) Also if you want to transfer to a different store you have to be with the company for 6 months, if not you have to apply all over.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing to strenuous. Background experience, what do you like about Ross?   Answer Question
No negotition

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Granada Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granada Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Ross Stores in January 2013.

It's really easy just be your self smile and ask questions. They take you on a tour you do a to do list and go thru and check off things you have learned. It's not the best place and they don't really train you.

No negotiation

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ross Stores in April 2013.

I had applied online and I got called a week later. The manager asked me if I could come in for an interview at 3 pm the next day. I then agreed to go after school for the interview. They had me wait in the break room for about 15 minutes before one of the assistant managers called me into her office. The interview itself was pretty straightforward with questions like "Where do you see yourself in 5 years". After the questions she talked about my availability and how I was going to balance school with work. She then offered me the job and told me when to come in for training.

Interview Questions
    • If a coworker did something wrong and you got blamed for it, what would you do?   View Answer
    No negotiation, starting pay is minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Centro, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Centro, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2011.

I applied online. They called me 3 months later to schedule an interview in a week. When I got there I found out it was an interview with 4 other people with the Store Manager and the Assistant Manager in charge of hiring. Very basic questions about customer service and experience. We were told to wait 'till they did background checks on all of us and that they'd give us a call if the wanted to move forward with us. After a month they called me back and offered me a cashier position.

Interview Questions
    Everybody get offered the minimum to work here unless you have a lot of experience and still you get offed $1 dollar more if you're lucky. I started with $8 and now get paid $8.24 after two years and a promotion.. what does that tell you. Also you'll get between 4 and 12 hours a week.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2013.

I submitted my application online.. about a month later I received a call from the HR department seeking a face-to-face interview. I went in, the manager asked me questions like "explain how your skills would be useful in this environment" and "tell me about when you dealt with a difficult customer". I was told that I would receive the job but never got a phone call. It was a simple and straightforward process.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores.

I received a call within 30 minutes of putting in the application. He called me and set the interview for the following Monday, I showed up early, he seemed happy with all of my answers and questions. I was told I would receive a call on the following Friday no matter if I got the job or not. I never received said call, called them multiple times and got the run around. Was told by his under manager that he had to ask him as they hadn't communicated who they were and were not hiring yet... It is now Tuesday... 4 days after and still they say they have to speak to the manager so as to know what they decided, Very disorganized,

Interview Questions
    • What would you say was the worst customer you've ever had to endure?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marin City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marin City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2012.

My friend told me about the position. I went to the manger told him I wanted to work. He asked me a few questions about myself then I filled out the application online. I called back to do a follow up he gave me an interview time.

Interview Questions
    Easy I did not negotiate because I really wanted the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in October 2012.

the interviewer was unprofessional. I came in for about 10 minutes. We talked about the job position' and he asked me a couple of questions about myself. But for the most part it was very quick and it didn't seem like he was interested in his position or hiring for the new position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Olympia, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2011.

Asked behavioral questions, interview was super-easy but asked a lot of questions as if you were interviewing for a C-level position. Hired on the spot. It's so easy to get a retail job after you get past the silly quiz on the online application.

Interview Questions
    Minimum wage or bust. Take it or leave it. I accepted because what could you really expect as a full-time college student a dismal economy?

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in September 2012.

I applied online, received a call back from the assistant manager a couple of weeks later, went in and had a group interview where basic interview questions were asked and was told the manager would select those that he wanted for a second interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!