Ross Stores

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Granada Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ross Stores in January 2013.

Interview Details – It's really easy just be your self smile and ask questions. They take you on a tour you do a to do list and go thru and check off things you have learned. It's not the best place and they don't really train you.

Interview Question – They don't ask questions a all.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Cashier

I applied online - interviewed at Ross Stores in April 2013.

Interview Details – I had applied online and I got called a week later. The manager asked me if I could come in for an interview at 3 pm the next day. I then agreed to go after school for the interview. They had me wait in the break room for about 15 minutes before one of the assistant managers called me into her office. The interview itself was pretty straightforward with questions like "Where do you see yourself in 5 years". After the questions she talked about my availability and how I was going to balance school with work. She then offered me the job and told me when to come in for training.

Interview Question – If a coworker did something wrong and you got blamed for it, what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, starting pay is minimum wage.

El Centro, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online. They called me 3 months later to schedule an interview in a week. When I got there I found out it was an interview with 4 other people with the Store Manager and the Assistant Manager in charge of hiring. Very basic questions about customer service and experience. We were told to wait 'till they did background checks on all of us and that they'd give us a call if the wanted to move forward with us. After a month they called me back and offered me a cashier position.

Interview Question – Pretty basic questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Everybody get offered the minimum to work here unless you have a lot of experience and still you get offed $1 dollar more if you're lucky. I started with $8 and now get paid $8.24 after two years and a promotion.. what does that tell you. Also you'll get between 4 and 12 hours a week.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my application online.. about a month later I received a call from the HR department seeking a face-to-face interview. I went in, the manager asked me questions like "explain how your skills would be useful in this environment" and "tell me about when you dealt with a difficult customer". I was told that I would receive the job but never got a phone call. It was a simple and straightforward process.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details – I received a call within 30 minutes of putting in the application. He called me and set the interview for the following Monday, I showed up early, he seemed happy with all of my answers and questions. I was told I would receive a call on the following Friday no matter if I got the job or not. I never received said call, called them multiple times and got the run around. Was told by his under manager that he had to ask him as they hadn't communicated who they were and were not hiring yet... It is now Tuesday... 4 days after and still they say they have to speak to the manager so as to know what they decided, Very disorganized,

Interview Question – What would you say was the worst customer you've ever had to endure?   View Answer

Marin City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2012.

Interview Details – My friend told me about the position. I went to the manger told him I wanted to work. He asked me a few questions about myself then I filled out the application online. I called back to do a follow up he gave me an interview time.

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy I did not negotiate because I really wanted the job.

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in October 2012.

Interview Details – the interviewer was unprofessional. I came in for about 10 minutes. We talked about the job position' and he asked me a couple of questions about myself. But for the most part it was very quick and it didn't seem like he was interested in his position or hiring for the new position.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   View Answer

Olympia, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2011.

Interview Details – Asked behavioral questions, interview was super-easy but asked a lot of questions as if you were interviewing for a C-level position. Hired on the spot. It's so easy to get a retail job after you get past the silly quiz on the online application.

Interview Question – Why do I want to work for Ross?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage or bust. Take it or leave it. I accepted because what could you really expect as a full-time college student a dismal economy?

Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, received a call back from the assistant manager a couple of weeks later, went in and had a group interview where basic interview questions were asked and was told the manager would select those that he wanted for a second interview.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Garner, NC

I applied online and interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details – I got a call from a manager, and set up interview. i was so excited because i had worked at Sears for over a year, and that is a harder job then working at Ross. Ross does not have a credit card you have to get customers to apply for, like Sears though. Since i had over a year of retail/cashier experience i kind of went in thinking the job was mine. I interviewed with two men. One was to serious, and the other was serious but a little nicer. I felt like the whole interview process was to serious. They would ask a question like name a time ____ and how did it make you feel. After i would explain, i would forget to say how it made me feel and the one serious manager would always say with somewhat an attitude "Yea, but how did it make you feel?". Or you would answer the question and they would still look at you to keep elaborating. Im sitting there like, i already said a whole lot! Bottom line i had more than enough experience to work there, and they grill you so hard in the interview that it makes you forget things, and nervous. After the interview i did not even get a call or e-mail stating in did not receive the job.

Interview Question – Tell us something about you that we would not knowing just from looking at you?   View Answer

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!