Ross Stores

Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.2

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores.

Applied online for another store location, but this one called me in for a interview. I went to the interview and the manager was so busy with ringing customers that we had to reschedule. I debated coming back because it was a long drive, but I had worked for Ross before and knew that it was a good company. I came back and was interviewed by two managers, as soon as I said that I had worked for Ross before and which location, they were hooked. I was hired on the spot!...The only downfall in the hiring process is their background checks takes about 2 weeks (that's long!) Also if you want to transfer to a different store you have to be with the company for 6 months, if not you have to apply all over.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing to strenuous. Background experience, what do you like about Ross?   Answer Question
No negotition

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores.

I received a call within 30 minutes of putting in the application. He called me and set the interview for the following Monday, I showed up early, he seemed happy with all of my answers and questions. I was told I would receive a call on the following Friday no matter if I got the job or not. I never received said call, called them multiple times and got the run around. Was told by his under manager that he had to ask him as they hadn't communicated who they were and were not hiring yet... It is now Tuesday... 4 days after and still they say they have to speak to the manager so as to know what they decided, Very disorganized,

Interview Questions
    • What would you say was the worst customer you've ever had to endure?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores in June 2013.

I submitted my application online.. about a month later I received a call from the HR department seeking a face-to-face interview. I went in, the manager asked me questions like "explain how your skills would be useful in this environment" and "tell me about when you dealt with a difficult customer". I was told that I would receive the job but never got a phone call. It was a simple and straightforward process.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores in April 2013.

I had applied online and I got called a week later. The manager asked me if I could come in for an interview at 3 pm the next day. I then agreed to go after school for the interview. They had me wait in the break room for about 15 minutes before one of the assistant managers called me into her office. The interview itself was pretty straightforward with questions like "Where do you see yourself in 5 years". After the questions she talked about my availability and how I was going to balance school with work. She then offered me the job and told me when to come in for training.

Interview Questions
    • If a coworker did something wrong and you got blamed for it, what would you do?   View Answer
    No negotiation, starting pay is minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granada Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granada Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ross Stores in January 2013.

It's really easy just be your self smile and ask questions. They take you on a tour you do a to do list and go thru and check off things you have learned. It's not the best place and they don't really train you.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores in October 2012.

the interviewer was unprofessional. I came in for about 10 minutes. We talked about the job position' and he asked me a couple of questions about myself. But for the most part it was very quick and it didn't seem like he was interested in his position or hiring for the new position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garner, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garner, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

I got a call from a manager, and set up interview. i was so excited because i had worked at Sears for over a year, and that is a harder job then working at Ross. Ross does not have a credit card you have to get customers to apply for, like Sears though. Since i had over a year of retail/cashier experience i kind of went in thinking the job was mine. I interviewed with two men. One was to serious, and the other was serious but a little nicer. I felt like the whole interview process was to serious. They would ask a question like name a time ____ and how did it make you feel. After i would explain, i would forget to say how it made me feel and the one serious manager would always say with somewhat an attitude "Yea, but how did it make you feel?". Or you would answer the question and they would still look at you to keep elaborating. Im sitting there like, i already said a whole lot! Bottom line i had more than enough experience to work there, and they grill you so hard in the interview that it makes you forget things, and nervous. After the interview i did not even get a call or e-mail stating in did not receive the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us something about you that we would not knowing just from looking at you?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores in September 2012.

I applied online, received a call back from the assistant manager a couple of weeks later, went in and had a group interview where basic interview questions were asked and was told the manager would select those that he wanted for a second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marin City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marin City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores in June 2012.

My friend told me about the position. I went to the manger told him I wanted to work. He asked me a few questions about myself then I filled out the application online. I called back to do a follow up he gave me an interview time.

Interview Questions
    Easy I did not negotiate because I really wanted the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores in July 2011.

Well, i applied online, and was called maybe a week later for a group interview. During the group interview, we introduced ourselve to one another, each person talked about what customers service meant to us, and our availablity. Once the manager figured out who would be best for the available position, she then schedules a few of us for 1 on 1 interviews. The questions where, tell me a little about yourself, how can you handle yourself underpressure, how do you work in a team, and again, availability. After i answered all of the question, the interviewer told me that we would keep in touch. I ended up getting a call later that day, and all the manager said was for me to come in the next day at a specified time, so i did, when i got there, she just gave me a packet and said welcome aboard. I had no idea i was actually hired.up interview, we introduced ourselve to one another, each person talked about what customers service meant to us, and our availablity. Once the manager figured out who would be best for the available position, she then schedules a few of us for 1 on 1 interviews. The questions where, tell me a little about yourself, how can you handle yourself underpressure, how do you work in a team, and again, availability. After i answered all of the question, the interviewer told me that we would keep in touch. I ended up getting a call later that day, and all the manager said was for me to come in the next day at a specified time, so i did, when i got there, she just gave me a packet and said welcome aboard. I had no idea i was actually hired.