Ross Stores Front End Supervisor Interview Questions

2.4

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

Applied online. Got a phone call about a week later and ask to come in for an interview. initial interview tells you about job and ask about experience. Then come in for another interview to fill out paperwork and watch orientation video.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had to intervene during an argument.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores in January 2012.

The interview process was fairly straight-forward. They did a short phone interview, inquiring about availability and if I was currently employed elsewhere. My first in store interview lasted about half an hour, asking basic questions like, "Why do you want to work here?" "What are your strengths and weaknesses?" "What could you being to the company if hired?" After that, another in-store interview was scheduled with a different manager the following week and that interview asked more detailed questions such as, "Describe a time in which you had to go above your job expectations?" "How well do you deal with things going on in your personal life and not letting it affect your work?"

After that interview I received a call that I got the job only a day later.

Interview Questions
    • To my mind, there were no difficult or unexpected questions. Everything was typical of a retail store interview.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate because I had little experience but, at least at my store, the managers are rational people that would listen to reasoning and they would seriously consider the person's requests before making a decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal Lake, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal Lake, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ross Stores in August 2011.

Went through a few managers, no really tough interview questions. Hiring process was very quick.

Interview Questions
    It was a bit difficult since I already had a job I was not willing to leave it for less than what I was currently making and Ross didn't want to give me more than what I was currently making.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores in June 2010.

Put in an application. Less then a week later got a call for a group interview, at that point we had an interview 2 days later. Simple basic questions, fun not really stressful. Less than a week got the job offer. Accepted because I was DESPERATE because of the economy.

Interview Questions
    NONE minimum wage or nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores in May 2009.

Hiring process was very easy. Asked simple questions about customer service and scenarios then asked how I would handle each one. There were a lot of questions about me I had to answer. What my goals are and achievements.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you did not meet your customers needs and what was the outcome?   View Answer
    Very competitive they accepted what I asked for.

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

The manager was great she made it very comfortable.

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

Filled application, kept calling back to speaking to hiring manager. Finally received an interview. Interview consisted of Why do you want to work here, and What can you tell me about your past experience in retail. Manager was very nice and informative. Just have to be persistent just like any other job.

Front End Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ross Stores.

interviewing is relativealy quick and to the point but the hiring process consists of waiting over 3 weeks for a background check to clear