Ross Stores

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lake Charles, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very easy. Asked simple questions about customer service and scenarios then asked how I would handle each one. There were a lot of questions about me I had to answer. What my goals are and achievements.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you did not meet your customers needs and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very competitive they accepted what I asked for.

I applied online and interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got a phone call about a week later and ask to come in for an interview. initial interview tells you about job and ask about experience. Then come in for another interview to fill out paperwork and watch orientation video.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to intervene during an argument.   Answer Question

Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly straight-forward. They did a short phone interview, inquiring about availability and if I was currently employed elsewhere. My first in store interview lasted about half an hour, asking basic questions like, "Why do you want to work here?" "What are your strengths and weaknesses?" "What could you being to the company if hired?" After that, another in-store interview was scheduled with a different manager the following week and that interview asked more detailed questions such as, "Describe a time in which you had to go above your job expectations?" "How well do you deal with things going on in your personal life and not letting it affect your work?"

After that interview I received a call that I got the job only a day later.

Interview Question – To my mind, there were no difficult or unexpected questions. Everything was typical of a retail store interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because I had little experience but, at least at my store, the managers are rational people that would listen to reasoning and they would seriously consider the person's requests before making a decision.

Very Easy Interview

Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2010.

Interview Details – Put in an application. Less then a week later got a call for a group interview, at that point we had an interview 2 days later. Simple basic questions, fun not really stressful. Less than a week got the job offer. Accepted because I was DESPERATE because of the economy.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NONE minimum wage or nothing

Crystal Lake, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores in August 2011.

Interview Details – Went through a few managers, no really tough interview questions. Hiring process was very quick.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a bit difficult since I already had a job I was not willing to leave it for less than what I was currently making and Ross didn't want to give me more than what I was currently making.

I applied online and interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details – The manager was great she made it very comfortable.

I applied online and interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details – Filled application, kept calling back to speaking to hiring manager. Finally received an interview. Interview consisted of Why do you want to work here, and What can you tell me about your past experience in retail. Manager was very nice and informative. Just have to be persistent just like any other job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Front End Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details – interviewing is relativealy quick and to the point but the hiring process consists of waiting over 3 weeks for a background check to clear

Interview Question – parents work ethics?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ross Stores

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ross Stores Front End Supervisor interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ross Stores employees and interview candidates.