Ross Stores Intern Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ross Stores in April 2014.

Interview Process: Done on campus at college. Two separate interviews within an hour. Each interview had two interviewers. Questions were relatively basic. Such as how would you handle multiple projects? Describe a time where you had a confrontation with a co-worker and how did you resolve it?

Interview Questions
  • How would you feel about working retail the rest of your life?   View Answer
No negotiation, all interns get the same offer

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Intern Interview

The first round interview consisted of two 30-minute interviews, mostly behavior-based question. The first part of the interview was with two regional store managers, and the second part was with an HR rep and the woman in charge of the internship program. After the interview, they got back to me very quickly and invited me to the second round.

Interview Questions
    • The first thing they said was, "Tell me what you know about Ross."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ross Stores.

I had an initial interview on campus that was very brief - they basically had decided who they wanted to move on before you enter the room. After I went on to interview at their office. Everyone is very nice and made it a comfortable environment. I had about a 20 min interview with 3 buyers and ended with someone from hr. They ask mostly behavioral questions asking about leadership and teamwork, all the same off a sheet, so I found it very repetitive but not complicated. The people you interview with will most likely be who you end up working with over the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Give a time you had to motivate someone in work or in school who was not getting their work done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores in March 2011.

It was very disorganized. It began with a phone call to set up a phone interview. Then there was a phone interview with someone in the organization. Then there was an email to set up another interview. The next interview was via Skype. The first interview questions were general behavioral questions. The second were more about my career path and why I would want to work at the company. Finally, there was a case interview which was supposed to be held over the phone but was cancelled last minute and instead I was asked to email my response. Then I was emailed with an offer but with very few details.

Interview Questions
    • How do you interact with a coworker in a living situation where you do not get along with the coworker?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate on compensation in the form of living expense stipends. I did not need housing so I asked to be compensated for the housing expenses. They accepted very easily and in fact offered the same compensation to all new hires. I would always ask for the highest compensation that you would want and keep in mind a minimum which you could always drop to.

Intern Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Ross Stores in May 2011.

First I was called by a HR recruiter who talked to me about the position and asked me when I would be available for an in person interview. The next week when I went in I first took a Retail Math quiz and then had my 1 on 1 interview. The next week I went in and interviewed with 4 people who work at the company who gave me more info and asked me a few more questions. After all the interviews were complete I submitted to a background check and they checked my references.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you failed at something and how did you react.   Answer Question