Ross Stores Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores (Central, TX).

Interview

You interview with one manager and if she likes you, you interview with the store manager. They ask the same questions, typical interview question most all could of been answered if they read the resume they required and the tedious online application. They are very unprofessional behavior, the store manager hardly looks at you and portraits an aura that you are below her and wasting her time. Overall simple experience with unplesant "professionals".

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you, why at my store. ( I have the "." & not the "?" since it was asked as less of a question more as a rude remark)   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

The interview had a very relaxed environment. I met with the store manager & he was a very polite young man. After a few basic questions, he offered me the job.

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Received a call within a week after submitting my application. I then arranged for an interview later that same week. After about the hour-long interview, which was focused on my work ethic, previous job experience, and flexibility of my schedule, I was hired on the spot.

Reatail Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I applied probably about a week before i got the call for the interview. The application was long but that's normal and it was also easy. Just answer questions with common sense and what you know they would want to hear.

Interview Questions

• We are looking for someone who will go out their way to make costumers feel comfortable.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Ross Stores (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

Long, drawn out process can take months.
    A couple HR interviews separated by weeks, followed by a few back to back situational interviews on a single day. Months to decide. Weeks more to even give an offer.

Interview Questions

• Cultural fit questions were toughest. Culture is important to company for new hires as lack of cultural fit is also the top reason people leave.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Filled out online form and took a personality test. Had one phone interview and then was called in for in person interview. The interview was a tour of the store and explanation of expectations and a sit down interview asking about experience and skills that were being brought to the job. Did background check and was hired one day later.

Interview Questions

• What makes good customer service and bad customer service. What would you do if you saw a fellow employee take a very small item .   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Easy interview, the process take 1 week,
    It s busy and hard work there, but the negative point was that your doing the job of the fat loss prevention . That really ridiculous , everyone is payed . So they should assume their full responsibility

Interview Questions

• Safety question , presentation of yourself, how to solve problems with your peer   Answer Question

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Applied for the job and was called 2 days later to go in for an interview. Met with the assistant manager. She seemed really unhappy and had little to no facial expression. It was a very short interview though, maybe about 10 minutes or so. Was offered the job right after contingent on background check. No tough questions, just questions about past experiences and one or two situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Name someone who you know is dependable and explain why he or she is dependable.   1 Answer
    • Have you ever dealt with an angry customer? How did you handle them?   1 Answer
    • How do you react to a stressful situation?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and 30 mins later they called to schedule an interview. I was interviewed with 2 managers they were very friendly and it lasted around 10 mins. They asked by availability and what departments I would like to work if hired. It was very simple and no questions were asked that I didn't expect. They said if hired they would call the next 2 days.

Backroom Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores (Knoxville, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

It took about 2 weeks, applied online, called back in a week to check on my application, got told to come in the next day for an interview. Interview was really laid back, asked my work experience and if I could handle 20-25 hours a week. Waited another week for background check. Start next week