Ross Stores Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.0

ASM- Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

Went through process of running the store and knowing how to delegate to and how to follow up. Knowing what reports required attention asap and what was a B level task.

Interview Questions

• What are order is most important of the following three... people sales presentation?   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and three in person interviews. All were very informative and I was asked overall good and standard questions so the organization could have a sense of my skills and what I can offer.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a challenge you had to face in your line of work and what did you do to overcome it.   Answer Question

Location Planning Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

First met with a campus recruiter and interviewed on campus. There were no jobs available at the time. About 8 months later I got a call saying positions were opening up and they would like to bring me in for an interview. Spent the whole day interviewing, met with 5 different managers. General interview questions. Everyone was extremely nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• They reviewed my resume and asked questions about certain experiences I had, my major, level of excel etc.   Answer Question

Location Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

The interview process was pretty basic. You interview for about 4-5 hours in one day. First you meet with HR for about 30 minutes. Then, you meet with four other people from different departments. I interviewed on a Tuesday and heard back Friday that I made it to the next round for a background check and they were going to call my references.

Merchandise Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard interview questions are asked. I first met with the HR recruiter. I then met with the hiring manager and director. I also had a meeting with the VP. There are no surprises in this interview, and advise candidates to study up on traditional interviewing practices. Conservative office so wearing a suit attire is advised.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Interview

Interview process was easy and very quick. You walk in the store and everybody know you're there for an interview so they all stare at you. You will be told to meet at the back of the store where a manager will begin to conduct your interview. Interview last for about 7-9 minutes. Questions were fairly easy, basically why did you want to work there and what can you bring to their company.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward just asked for experience and past situations that related to my job experience and the current position offered and asked what time of hours I would like to work and explained other positions avalible

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Niles, IL).

Interview

applied for the job, within the next two days received a call for an interview, went to the interview the next day, easy process hired on the spot, started the next two days after drug test and background check came back because they needed people to start immediately

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that can and will contribute to this position?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

They make you apply for promotions as if you were an outside hire. You have an interview with at least two different managers and one director. Each interview lasts from thirty minutes to one hour. Topics cover projects and past experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Central, TX).

Interview

You interview with one manager and if she likes you, you interview with the store manager. They ask the same questions, typical interview question most all could of been answered if they read the resume they required and the tedious online application. They are very unprofessional behavior, the store manager hardly looks at you and portraits an aura that you are below her and wasting her time. Overall simple experience with unplesant "professionals".

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you, why at my store. ( I have the "." & not the "?" since it was asked as less of a question more as a rude remark)   1 Answer