Ross Stores

Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.1

Retail Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

I applied online. Got a call two weeks later. She set a date forinterviews.My interviewer was a nice lady. She came out greeted me. I smiled and shook her firmly. She took me to her office. The interview was 20 minutes. She asked me mostly behaviorial questions. She described to me the benefit of working with Ross. She then started discussing salary. It was 7.50$ . She kept mentioning how the staff has been promoted over the years. She wanted to know my availability. The wanted someone who can work weekends and evenings. I have experiences but could not accept the salary. Anyway I enjoyed the interview. It's an experience .

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

I applied two weeks before I got a call back. The interview was a group interview then individually. I was the last to be interviewed and the manager asked me two questions and then ended it. I totally thought that I didn't get it but then I got an email.

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores in February 2015.

I was interviewed by the manager and assistant manager with another applicant. The interview was pretty easy, both interviewers were friendly. Just make sure you prepare with the questions and you'll be good. I wore a white blouse and black slacks and dress shoes. The other applicants wore denim jeans so I think that helped get me hired. I also researched the Ross company really well and discovered that they help many non profit organizations. Make sure you read which organizations and what those organizations do and make sure to mention them during the interview. The manager and assistant manager were very impressed that I knew that information.

Stocking Night Shift Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores in February 2015.

Unprofessional.
    You have to wait at least an hour before you see the interviewer.
    It's not your professional interview.
    They put all interviewees in the same room and started to ask 3 questions:
    Why Ross?
    Tell me about yourself?
    Previous experience?

Adding to this unprofessional interview process, this part time job is basically has no good side in any way, here are the features:
    1-start after 12:00 am
    2-not every night
    3-may 2-3 hours per night down to 0 (zero, you have read right) hour.
    4-the maximum hours you might get (if you get it) is 25 hours /week.
    5-no benefits of any kind.
    6-job includes in addition to stocking, you have to categorize the good before carry on to stock them

I hope this helped

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ross Stores in February 2015.

The first interview is a one on one interview with a manager. I was accepted to do a second interview with another manager. They asked easy questions in my opinion.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores in February 2015.

I'm a teenager and this is my first real job. So, just like anyone with their first real job opportunity, I was nervous. I saw the Ad on Craigslist and Careerbuilders.com that showed there was going to be a job fair on Saturday and it explained I should apply at Ross.com. I tried to go to Ross beforehand to meet the managers (cause I had no idea what they would be like) and they seemed neutral. The hiring manager, though, was very sweet and told me about how she'd love to see me during the job fair. So I went, and I had to wait about 30 minutes because the second manager/hiring manager wasn't there on time. I finally got called up and went in for my interview. This hiring manager (different from the first) was extremely down to earth and nice. He kept saying my name wrong and I'd correct him politely and he apologized and you could tell he was serious about it. He asked me a few questions and was very happy to see that I wanted to grow in the business (I want to become a manager when I grow up) and told me about what would happen next in the hiring process. He remembered my name and I was excited cause I've read that's a good sign. I got an email later saying that I was hired and then I did my paperwork the next day. I start on monday, so the whole process took about 2 weeks at most.

Interview Questions
    • What's your definition of "dependable" and how is someone a dependable person?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores in February 2015.

This was a store opening, so I had to deal with the noise of constructions crews working while we interviewed in the empty store.

The interview was very easy, the manager explained the chain of command, gave me a little background on the store, then asked questions about my experience and how I would handle situations. The process was pretty relaxed, but not informal. Some questions:

Why do you want to work here?
    What did you love and what did you hate about your last job?
    How would you keep yourself motivated doing a repetitive boring task (like putting items back on shelf)?
    How would you deal with things if the store was messy and children were running around?
    Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult person and how did you handle it?
    What is your availability for each day of the week?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a person that you would describe as dependable.   View Answer

Floor Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

Meet with Manger. Good interview relaxed and comfortable. Informative. Open to answer any question I had. Full description of duties. Mangers back ground allowed me to understand how they would run store

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores in February 2015.

The process took a couple weeks. I applied online around late January and didn't get a call back until a couple weeks later well into February. The interesting thing about that is, is that I almost did not do the online assessment that is required post application. I was honestly being lazy at the time, but I just told myself to do it, and I'm glad I did because I got the call. I went in for an interview and the Manager was lovely. She wasn't those holier than thou types of managers, She knew what it was to be a sales associate, and she didn't forget where she came from, so she was very accepting. After I was technically offered the position, but all i needed to do was pass the background check for it to become official. 48 hours later, which is today, I got the call to come in for an orientation. So yes, I'm now a Ross worker.

Interview Questions
    • As for tips, when you come into any job interview, remain professional, but at the same time don't be a robot. They wanna see your personality as well, so be professional but also be exciting too, but of course don't over do it with the personality part too. I had previous retail experience at Sears, so me talking about my sears job was basically the main topic. Questions like "Tell me about yourself" "Where do you see yourself in five years" be prepared for scenario questions where they ask you what would you do when a costumer is upset. They'll most likely ask why you would want to work at Ross , so do a little research with the company. Dress casual, don't go in there wearing booty shorts and don't go in their wearing a suit and tie, its Ross, not american express inc.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ross Stores in January 2015.

I went in for an interview in the morning and it lasted about 10 min. The manager was completely nice and welcoming and it didnt feel so much as an interview as it did a conversation with a few questions. We talked about availablity and work experience she liked me and offered me a job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • To tell her alittle bit about myself?
      Asked about past work experience?
      Availibility?