Ross Stores Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.0

Merchandise Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard interview questions are asked. I first met with the HR recruiter. I then met with the hiring manager and director. I also had a meeting with the VP. There are no surprises in this interview, and advise candidates to study up on traditional interviewing practices. Conservative office so wearing a suit attire is advised.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Interview

Interview process was easy and very quick. You walk in the store and everybody know you're there for an interview so they all stare at you. You will be told to meet at the back of the store where a manager will begin to conduct your interview. Interview last for about 7-9 minutes. Questions were fairly easy, basically why did you want to work there and what can you bring to their company.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward just asked for experience and past situations that related to my job experience and the current position offered and asked what time of hours I would like to work and explained other positions avalible

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

They make you apply for promotions as if you were an outside hire. You have an interview with at least two different managers and one director. Each interview lasts from thirty minutes to one hour. Topics cover projects and past experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores (Niles, IL).

Interview

applied for the job, within the next two days received a call for an interview, went to the interview the next day, easy process hired on the spot, started the next two days after drug test and background check came back because they needed people to start immediately

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that can and will contribute to this position?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores (Central, TX).

Interview

You interview with one manager and if she likes you, you interview with the store manager. They ask the same questions, typical interview question most all could of been answered if they read the resume they required and the tedious online application. They are very unprofessional behavior, the store manager hardly looks at you and portraits an aura that you are below her and wasting her time. Overall simple experience with unplesant "professionals".

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you, why at my store. ( I have the "." & not the "?" since it was asked as less of a question more as a rude remark)   1 Answer

Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Basically she calls me for an interview and asked what position am I looking for. I'm thinking obviously the one I applied for but I told her only supervisor positions. After that she sets up my interview for the job I applied for. I waited about 10 to 15 minutes until a employee started walking me to her and the loss prevention guy was watching me like I was going to steal something. She asks me to tell her about my previous experiences and why i left those jobs and then tells me I'm not qualified for the supervisor position something she could have told me when she called. This place is 40 minutes away from my house I could have saved gas if she was honest enough to tell me at first. She then started to offer me sales associate position and front end supervisor. I was just looking for either a second job or a replacement job and since she wasn't giving me what I applied for I wasn't going to quit my job for that job and they pay less. So we talked a little more and she walked me out and during her walking with me she tells me would i change my hair color. She says ross is a "professional" environment and I would be the last thing customers see. Mind you I am already a supervisor in retail with purple and blue hair so why would I change it for a new job and a lower position. No Way..

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

The interview had a very relaxed environment. I met with the store manager & he was a very polite young man. After a few basic questions, he offered me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coeur d'Alene, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ross Stores (Coeur d'Alene, ID) in July 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed and casual interview, I work with this manager now as she hired me. I rally do like the job at Ross and recommend giving the interview a shot as they have different positions and terms available. This was a positive interview and a very positive work environment. I felt very comfortable and had no major stumbles. Just be professional, friendly and at ease and yourself!

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for this company? What situation did I encounter a difficult situation/customer and how did I handle it? Have I ever seen an employee theft and what would I do if I witnessed or suspected one?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't. I accepted the pay offer as it originally was.

Reatail Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I applied probably about a week before i got the call for the interview. The application was long but that's normal and it was also easy. Just answer questions with common sense and what you know they would want to hear.

Interview Questions

• We are looking for someone who will go out their way to make costumers feel comfortable.   1 Answer