Ross Stores Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.1

Stcoker Interview

Interview

good and fast person interviewing me was polite and i enjoyed being interviewed by them i dont know what eles to say at this point so im not going to say anything eles ok ok then bye lol

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I applied online and later received an email to attend a hiring event. I had to wait a while before receiving the email, maybe because I applied online. The day of the interview, there was a wait list, and they would call people to a one-on-one interview. It was very easy, straight forward questions. The person interviewing was very friendly and was filling out a worksheet during the interview. I didn't get the job because the interview was actually for an opening store so they needed flexible schedules.

Interview Questions

• Who is the most dependable worker you know
      How many times is it okay to be late
      Why do you want to work at Ross

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ross Stores (Sacramento, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I learned about this opportunity through a career fair on my college campus. I spoke with the recruiter and arranged an interview for 3 days later. Before the interview, I had to go online and fill out an application, including an assessment test. I showed up and interviewed with the manager of the store I would be interning at. He asked 2 questions that I had never been asked before, but all of the other questions were fairly basic. At the end, I asked what the rest of the interview process was like and he said that this was all there was. He said he had a few more to interview that day and the next day and then he would make his decision. He called me back a few days later to come back in and review the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you gave someone too much information.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

It was the district manager and one of the store managers who interviewed me and then I was moved on to two other store managers from DD's their sister company.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give a time when you had a disagreement with someone at work and it left you irritated.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negoitation

Anonymous Employee in Rome, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores (Rome, GA).

Interview

Applied on-line, received a call a month later saying they wanted me to come in for a interview. Told me the day and time. Interview was easy, the person interviewing didn't know a head of time what I had applied for and had to ask me. Also some of the questions she asked was on the printed paper in front of her, standard questions. I was never told what the pay was, just what the hours were. She did tell me what was involved with the position and that they had a time frame that it all had to be done by. Interview lasted about 20 minutes. At the end of the Interview, I was told that they had a couple of more people to interview that day and I would hear something by the following Monday. It has been about 3 weeks and I have not received any call from them about the job as they said I would.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a customer come to you very upset, if so what would you do?
      If asked, would you finish up someone else's work that they didn't finish?

1 Answer

DC Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

A panel of Sr. Managers and department Directors. They asked questions regarding situations that I would encounter and how I would handle them. Standard questions about employees stealing and being in a confrontational situations that would require tact and proper treatment of the employee.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

The interview was very quiet, the interviewer was very objective. I felt very comfortable and safe. However, the same day I was called to start working. A very good place to work, while paying very little for the hard work it is.

Interview Questions

• the interview questions were basically the same as everyone does, for which reason I would like to work there, how you react before a stressful situation, which the most important things for me, and the days available for work.   Answer Question

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call two weeks later. She set a date forinterviews.My interviewer was a nice lady. She came out greeted me. I smiled and shook her firmly. She took me to her office. The interview was 20 minutes. She asked me mostly behaviorial questions. She described to me the benefit of working with Ross. She then started discussing salary. It was 7.50$ . She kept mentioning how the staff has been promoted over the years. She wanted to know my availability. The wanted someone who can work weekends and evenings. I have experiences but could not accept the salary. Anyway I enjoyed the interview. It's an experience .

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I applied two weeks before I got a call back. The interview was a group interview then individually. I was the last to be interviewed and the manager asked me two questions and then ended it. I totally thought that I didn't get it but then I got an email.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores (Woodbury, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job and got a call back for the interview in 3 days. I went in for the interview did a lot of smiling, shook the bosses hand. Dress well, great for a first job. Got the job instantly. There was some confusion about when I would come in for training but that was fixed.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous jobs or life experience make you a good candidate for this job?   1 Answer