Ross Stores Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.1

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ross Stores.

It was the district manager and one of the store managers who interviewed me and then I was moved on to two other store managers from DD's their sister company.

Interview Questions
    • Q: Give a time when you had a disagreement with someone at work and it left you irritated.   Answer Question
    there was no negoitation

DC Maintenance Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ross Stores.

A panel of Sr. Managers and department Directors. They asked questions regarding situations that I would encounter and how I would handle them. Standard questions about employees stealing and being in a confrontational situations that would require tact and proper treatment of the employee.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ross Stores.

The interview was very quiet, the interviewer was very objective. I felt very comfortable and safe. However, the same day I was called to start working. A very good place to work, while paying very little for the hard work it is.

Interview Questions
    • the interview questions were basically the same as everyone does, for which reason I would like to work there, how you react before a stressful situation, which the most important things for me, and the days available for work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rome, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Rome, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores.

Applied on-line, received a call a month later saying they wanted me to come in for a interview. Told me the day and time. Interview was easy, the person interviewing didn't know a head of time what I had applied for and had to ask me. Also some of the questions she asked was on the printed paper in front of her, standard questions. I was never told what the pay was, just what the hours were. She did tell me what was involved with the position and that they had a time frame that it all had to be done by. Interview lasted about 20 minutes. At the end of the Interview, I was told that they had a couple of more people to interview that day and I would hear something by the following Monday. It has been about 3 weeks and I have not received any call from them about the job as they said I would.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a customer come to you very upset, if so what would you do?
      If asked, would you finish up someone else's work that they didn't finish?

View Answer

Retail Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

I applied online. Got a call two weeks later. She set a date forinterviews.My interviewer was a nice lady. She came out greeted me. I smiled and shook her firmly. She took me to her office. The interview was 20 minutes. She asked me mostly behaviorial questions. She described to me the benefit of working with Ross. She then started discussing salary. It was 7.50$ . She kept mentioning how the staff has been promoted over the years. She wanted to know my availability. The wanted someone who can work weekends and evenings. I have experiences but could not accept the salary. Anyway I enjoyed the interview. It's an experience .

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

I applied two weeks before I got a call back. The interview was a group interview then individually. I was the last to be interviewed and the manager asked me two questions and then ended it. I totally thought that I didn't get it but then I got an email.

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ross Stores in March 2015.

I apllied online got a call for an interview 2 days later. During the call the lady just talked about ross and stuff and i would be getting $7.50 an hour. I had originally apllied for a sales associate thats why. So i went to the interview and the store manager just asked me about 4 easy question. 2 customers service and other 2 about my work experience. She asked if i was more interested in the loss prevention job she explained what they do an its higher pay. And the hours fit my availability. So of course i said yes. She prety much hired me on the spot. She told me shes gonna do my background check. Should take about a week. Then i had to talk to the general manager.

Interview Questions
    • are you on with a repetitive job?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you someone looks like they're stealing?   Answer Question
    • how many days do you think its acceptable for an associate to miss work?   Answer Question
    Not negotiable. They tell you what you need to know.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ross Stores in March 2015.

Very easy and simple. The Interview last 10minutes. It was a group interview. Very simple questions as How i would handle a situation in which a customer is acting suspicious or pocketing merchandise? and also tell about myself and my future goals.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle a situation in which the customer is acting suspicious or pocketi g merchandise!   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ross Stores in February 2015.

The quickest interview I ever had. Im not surprised though, the turnover rate is so high and pay is so low, they are desperate for any employees they can get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores in February 2015.

It was very easy questions. The manger was very nice. She was honest with me about my responsiblities and expectation. She was clear about the salary. The whole interview took about fifteen minutes. The whole process was very easy. She said they will run a background check and they will call me back. Two days later they called

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you see coworker steal   View Answer