Ross Stores

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.1

Front End Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ross Stores.

interviewing is relativealy quick and to the point but the hiring process consists of waiting over 3 weeks for a background check to clear

Assistant Buyer Interview

The hiring process takes a very long time so be ready to take multiple interviews and for the process to take several months.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

The lady I interviewed with did not seem very prepared for the interview at all. She kept looking through papers, pause for a few minutes, ask a question, and repeat. Horrible interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you liked and disliked about each of your jobs.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Got called to go in for an interview by the store manager. Went in for the interview maybe a week later and got the offer for the job and the date of the orientation. There was a total of two interviews with two managers and the questions were basic and not hard at all.

Front End Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

Filled application, kept calling back to speaking to hiring manager. Finally received an interview. Interview consisted of Why do you want to work here, and What can you tell me about your past experience in retail. Manager was very nice and informative. Just have to be persistent just like any other job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA

interviewed at Ross Stores in August 2012.

Pretty basic questions. But the manager did not look friendly at all. She just went through her question list, and it was kinda in a rush too.

Stock Associate Interview

Very basic interview process. I interviewed with the store manager and once I was hired met everyone else. They obviously make you fill out all the paperwork that is required within your state and once that is processed you go through some training videos. It is very simple and easy to go through

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Falls, MT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Falls, MT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ross Stores in August 2010.

Hiring and Interviewing took over three months. Also had 7 interviews. They do not tell you the truth. They write everything down so if you are unsure about a salary you are willing to take do not give an answer, they will stick with your first number.

Interview Questions
    They really do not negotiate.

Intern Interview

The first round interview consisted of two 30-minute interviews, mostly behavior-based question. The first part of the interview was with two regional store managers, and the second part was with an HR rep and the woman in charge of the internship program. After the interview, they got back to me very quickly and invited me to the second round.

Interview Questions
    • The first thing they said was, "Tell me what you know about Ross."   Answer Question

Front End Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

Applied online. Got a phone call about a week later and ask to come in for an interview. initial interview tells you about job and ask about experience. Then come in for another interview to fill out paperwork and watch orientation video.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to intervene during an argument.   Answer Question