Ross Stores Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
392 interviews

2.1

Assistant Buyer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Very long interview process-- took about 3 months and they were very vague as to when an answer would be reached. I didn't end up getting the job because all available jobs were being saved for college graduates and interns in order for the company to save money.

Management Interview

HR Phone screening followed by a panel interview with members of management. If you make it past that you will be interviewed by a panel of Senior management and possibly directors.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Alhambra, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA

interviewed at Ross Stores in August 2012.

Pretty basic questions. But the manager did not look friendly at all. She just went through her question list, and it was kinda in a rush too.

Assistant Buyer Interview

The hiring process takes a very long time so be ready to take multiple interviews and for the process to take several months.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

The lady I interviewed with did not seem very prepared for the interview at all. She kept looking through papers, pause for a few minutes, ask a question, and repeat. Horrible interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you liked and disliked about each of your jobs.   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Very basic interview process. I interviewed with the store manager and once I was hired met everyone else. They obviously make you fill out all the paperwork that is required within your state and once that is processed you go through some training videos. It is very simple and easy to go through

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Called for an in-person interview in 3 days but I declined.

Wanted me to work at 3 and 4 am on school days

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interviewd with HR and Store manager general questions nothing out of the ordinary

better offer elsewhere

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores.

interview was really short, asked my availability and a few work experience questions. For the most part they were really in need of somebody that would learn how to do stock

Industrial Engineering/Tech Interview

Met an HR rec. at a college job fair. She was looking for interns. She called me, we scheduled a phone interview. A few weeks later we set up a face to face interview. A few weeks after I had a face to face with the engineering (industrial) manager. Real friendly nice guy. (Perris)

Interview Questions
    • Asked "common sense" questions like tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, about my computer skills, etc. I dont remember having any structured, typical interview, silly questions. It was a very natural conversation. It was my first "real" interview (not for a fast food or retail job, like a real engineering internship) and one question that threw me off was what I wanted to do with my degree or what part of industrial engineering I wanted to be in when I graduated. At that time, I was so young and inexperienced it was actually a hard question. But I answered honestly and he liked my answer. I said I've never had an internship before so I dont really know.. that I wanted to work here first and see what its like before I can think about what I'd like to do specifically.   Answer Question
    There was not really a negotiation because it was internship. Basically when they called me I gave a verbal acceptance. They requested I drive in person within one week to sign papers. The day I came in, I took a drug test. The agreement was no benefits, $15/hr, and I had a "contract" to work full time for the whole summer. By the end of summer, things went well so I was allowed to work part-time after summer ended. It was a great job! I miss my intern days there (Perris) and I would absolutely consider working there again in the future! Just knowing that they are an "off price retailer" I'll assume the salary pay for full times is not GREAT, however with the great people and great atmosphere I remember, it would be worth it to someone looking for that.

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!